LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2008-08-13, 11:54am

Default How about some video tutorials?

Is this possible?

I love watching the you-tube tutorials and I think if people could make some of these and sell them the way they are selling the pdf tutorials it would be fantastic!

Just wondered if you could possibly make the videos and sell them individually online on your etsy, etc. without having to make the dvds?

Thank you, I just had to ask.
Old 2008-08-13, 7:57pm
Formerly Fancypants

You know Carol, that is such a great idea, I, personally as well as others who are newbies would probably grab at something like this. What a terrific idea! Plus you all who could share this could make a few bucks for sharing this wonderful knowledge. We can have this information right at our torch as we make the beads! There is no way I could hold information in my mind from going to you-tube to torch. A cool study tool. Come on can someone do this what Carol is suggesting. Please?????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-08-14, 5:52am

I had that suggested to me, too, but does that mean I have to clean my work surface? Guess I should go check out good quality webcams? ♥ Love, Helen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Before His throne is a sea of glass like crystal.

Old 2008-08-14, 9:28am

Helen, that would be a dream come true to see you making the flowers. No, you don't have to clean your work surface, I wouldn't even be paying attentiion to that!!! My eyes would focus on how you whip those beauties up. I seem to remember things better when I see a video in comparison to written instructions. I just rewind the pictures in my mind . I love the you-tube tutorials that SamanthasBeads made on her critters. I must admit I watch them more than once before they are memorized in my mind.
Old 2008-08-14, 10:11am
Dead man walking

Yeah we do this type of stuff all the time using flash with video and audio for distance learning. You can create offline or online productions, it's not that hard. Keep in mind though, with whatever camera you choose, it will need a filter as well otherwise you won't be able to see into the flame.
Old 2008-08-14, 11:30am
Formerly Fancypants

Helen, leave your work surface a mess, I agree with Carol. All eyes will be on your beautiful creations we won't have the time to look anyway. lol OH I can't wait to see your making those gorgeous flowers!

Old 2008-08-14, 2:56pm

I think Brad Pearson has a new video out that would be like a tutorial....but it covers a bunch of styles!! He doesn't seem to have it on his website, but I'm sure you could email him about it. jeri

Still selling beadstands but no more Puffy Mandrels.
Old 2008-08-14, 3:04pm
Borovangelist

Definitely need filters and a decent microphone. Frankly I think that the nice thing about the printed tutorials over the videos though are that the author can make sure that certain steps are plainly visible. It's tough to show the proper placement of lines on a maria for implosions, for example, using a webcam setup where in a printed tutorial you can photoshop something, or have a snap of the intermediate step. With better produced dvds, graphics can be inserted as needed, the video quality's better, etc.

There's a reason the DVD's are more expensive.

|
|
Old 2008-08-16, 11:06pm

Hey, look what I just found in the marketing section of LE

http://big-window-video.com/
Old 2008-08-17, 5:59pm

I would like to do a comedy one (free, of course) someday just for fun. I think I would be good at all the things you should NEVER do when torching!

Or torch video for DUMMIES....
Old 2008-08-18, 11:36am
Damn Yankee!

Carol, I added mine to DVD because I had several people say their PC's were too slow to watch the YouTube. It was pretty easy to do.

Samantha

Old 2008-08-18, 4:17pm

Default video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeri View Post
I think Brad Pearson has a new video out that would be like a tutorial....but it covers a bunch of styles!! He doesn't seem to have it on his website, but I'm sure you could email him about it. jeri
That sounds great to me!

Thanks for the info

Carol
Old 2008-08-18, 4:19pm

Samantha, are you selling your you-tube videos now? that's true, not everyone has high-speed internet yet.
Old 2008-08-18, 4:42pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeri View Post

Hi Jeri, is Brad's second dvd finished?

Old 2008-08-18, 4:45pm
Totally Lost

You know what else would be neat? Do them like a video podcast so that people (ME!!!) could put them on her iPod.

Old 2008-08-18, 6:15pm
Damn Yankee!

yes I have mine for sale at Etsy, it has these on it:

1. Vine Cane Stringer
2. Encased Floral
3. Turtle Bead
4. Duck part one and two
Samantha

Old 2008-08-19, 8:49am

Default dvds

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaBeads View Post
yes I have mine for sale at Etsy, it has these on it:

1. Vine Cane Stringer
2. Encased Floral
3. Turtle Bead
4. Duck part one and two
Samantha
That is great! Are you planning some new videos soon? Do you do panda bears? I love pandas!
Old 2008-08-19, 9:48am
Damn Yankee!

Carol, I can make Panda's however I want to keep the vidoes to the stuff I make the best, which would be turtle, frogs, bunny's, Florals, ducks, penguins etc.
I like the vidoe's the best because I can pop it into the new set up I got for my B-day and watch/pause while I am working on the beads...I learn better by seeing it done = )

Samantha

Old 2008-08-19, 11:16am
Borovangelist

Anyone else notice the giant spelling error on the front page of bigwindowvideo's site?

"GET DESCOVERED"

|
|
Old 2008-08-19, 12:37pm

Default speeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by menty666 View Post
Anyone else notice the giant spelling error on the front page of bigwindowvideo's site?

"GET DESCOVERED"
I can't believe I didn't notice that, I guess I didn't stay long enough to.