Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-12-10, 8:45am

Default can i paint glass???????????

I bought candices ornament tutorial yesterday and its is kick butt!! I sat with a cuppa cocoa last night reading and had to try the icicle emediately cause i had boro clear but not the tubing yet....i made a cow on top of the icicle and since i didnt have the right boro colors was wondering if i could paint on the details with like model paint? will it stay on? is this possible??? Im pretty sure my local hobby store will have model paint but not sure they will carry glass paints..............ohh i really want to run to arnies craft store right now....lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-12-10, 9:22am

You can by glass paint. It works just like paint. You paint it on, wait 24 hours and if you want the item dishwasher safe, you bake it at I think 325 for 10 min. or so. Works great. They have it at craft stores like Michael's.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-12-10, 9:43am
Born Facing Left

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassactcc View Post
You can by glass paint. It works just like paint. You paint it on, wait 24 hours and if you want the item dishwasher safe, you bake it at I think 325 for 10 min. or so. Works great. They have it at craft stores like Michael's.
Yep. The stuff you want is called Pebeo. Excellent product, comes in a wicked assortment of colors, some transparent, some opaque. I used to paint wine sets and martini glasses, etc. with Pebeo for an independent studio in Vancouver. We sold our stuff all over the world.

I know a lot about using this stuff, email me with any questions!

http://en.pebeo.com/Creative-leisure...ces/Vitrea-160

Last edited by Sherry; 2010-12-10 at 9:48am. Reason: Added link
Old 2010-12-10, 5:05pm

i will have to order some pebeo paints....i thought i had some somewhere but since the move lord only knows where it is...lol

local craft store was gone when i got to town i mean empty shut down gone...sniff sniff

thank you sherry i may take you up on the questions email

Old 2010-12-10, 5:06pm

cynthia, going to michaels on monday will check there too always need something in there..lol

Old 2010-12-10, 5:37pm

Boy, your not kidding. I have to look into this Pebeo kind too. Thanks Sherry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecrowartglass View Post
cynthia, going to michaels on monday will check there too always need something in there..lol

Old 2010-12-11, 9:59am
Born Facing Left

When I get a chance, I'll take a picture of some martini glasses that I painted; the design didn't go into production because it couldnt' be easily repeated, but I like them, lol.

Old 2010-12-11, 10:42am
Gimme that silver glass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
Yep. The stuff you want is called Pebeo. Excellent product, comes in a wicked assortment of colors, some transparent, some opaque. I used to paint wine sets and martini glasses, etc. with Pebeo for an independent studio in Vancouver. We sold our stuff all over the world.

I know a lot about using this stuff, email me with any questions!

http://en.pebeo.com/Creative-leisure...ces/Vitrea-160
Wow, that looks awesome! I can use this on top of my 104 coe beads too?

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2010-12-11, 10:58am
Born Facing Left

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll Lover View Post
Wow, that looks awesome! I can use this on top of my 104 coe beads too?
Yep.

Old 2010-12-12, 11:40am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
When I get a chance, I'll take a picture of some martini glasses that I painted; the design didn't go into production because it couldnt' be easily repeated, but I like them, lol.
Please please do show us your glasses.
Old 2010-12-12, 12:21pm

This is another variation on painting on glass. I sandblasted the areas to be painted and applied oil paints. I then removed almost all of the oil paint and allowed it to dry. I have a bouquet of these.

Steve

Old 2010-12-12, 12:44pm
Sorry for party rockin'

I use the pebeo products and liquitex glossies to paint on glass.
Like Cynthia said, after I paint, I'll let it dry overnight and then bake it in the oven at 325 for about a half an hour to heat set.

I got my Liquitex paints from dickblick.com.

Old 2010-12-13, 3:37pm
Newfoundland lover!

Do you have to etch or sandblast first or can you just paint on it?
Great info thanks!

Lynx, tanked propane, M-10 oxy and refurb oxy -5.
Old 2010-12-13, 3:56pm
http://youtu.be/nGt9jAkWi

You can just paint right on the glass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merigypsy View Post
Do you have to etch or sandblast first or can you just paint on it?
Great info thanks!

Vivian

-

Old 2010-12-13, 6:18pm
Newfoundland lover!

Thanks Vivian, This is exciting. What a cool thing to try.

Old 2010-12-13, 6:23pm
Newfoundland lover!

I am hoping this is what everyone means, but I found it on a Michael's website & thought I'd share it;
http://www.michaels.com/Glass-Painti...efault,pg.html