Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2011-03-24, 7:12pm
Boro Boy

Default Complete Guide to Flameworked Reticello

This comprehensive eBook teaches the reader everything they'll need to make Flameworked Reticello marbles and jewelry.

Purchase your copy today and get full access to: Step-by-Step Tutorials, Complete Projects, Reticello Gallery, History of the Reticello and more!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~

Old 2011-03-24, 8:26pm
Hobby Junkie

Just purchased. I can definitely use some help with this technique. Reasonably priced tut. You may wish to list your price in this thread. I think more people will check it out if you do.

Old 2011-03-24, 8:44pm
Boro Boy

Thank you BellaBean. I just sent your copy of the book. I hope it helps Good call on listing the price...

The eBook is only $8.99 everyone. I wanted to keep the price as reasonable as possible.

If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

~

~

Old 2011-03-24, 10:01pm
Hobby Junkie

Got it. Thanks! I did a quick read through. I'll read it more thoroughly before giving it a try. I'm sure I'll have questions. . I haven't worked with boro tubing much. I guess it's time to pull the tubing out of the corner (I stuffed it there because it intimidates me.).

Old 2011-03-24, 10:12pm
I speak Murrini!

Wow, looks beautiful!

But.................is this a "boro" technique exclusively? I mean, since Cori is mentioning tubing, I'm wondering if maybe it's a technique that requires the "stiffness" of boro, tubing (which definitely isn't easy to acquire in 104), etc. Also, some of us are on Hot Heads; is this a technique that requires a oxy/fuel torch (meaning serious heat)?

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2011-03-24, 10:25pm
Boro Boy

Cool! I'm sure you'll do great. Tubing is lot's of fun to work with. No need to be intimidated

and to glasszone's question...The glass is borosilicate and I would suggest a oxy/propane bench burner and not a Hot Head for this technique. Good question! Serious heat needed

~

~

Old 2011-03-24, 10:56pm
I speak Murrini!

Okie! Thanks for the prompt and straight-up reply! Of course I'm a little disappointed I can't play with this since I'm pretty much a 104 girl for now, but you never know! Maybe someday...it sure looks GORGEOUS!

Best of luck to you on this and all future endeavors!

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2011-03-25, 4:31am
Glassmangler

DeAnne -

You can make soft glass retti pendants as well.
Old 2011-03-25, 5:18am
Hobby Junkie

De- I have some 104 thicker rod. After I try it with boro, I'll try it with the 104 rod and see what the differences are and let you know.

Old 2011-03-25, 6:21am
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterGlass View Post
DeAnne -

You can make soft glass retti pendants as well.
Yep. You can't do everything with soft glass that you can do with boro, but most techniques can be adapted.

Old 2011-03-25, 10:03am
Boro Boy

Thanks all. I look forward to seeing peoples results with boro and soft glass!

~

~

Old 2011-03-29, 12:29pm
Formerly Deesigned Beads

What a beautiful looking tut! I have not bought it, just looked at the page you showed. It screams professional. Might have to seriously think about getting it

Old 2011-03-29, 1:52pm
Boro Boy

Thank you Diana. With this eBook I was able to combine my graphic design/publishing experience with my passion for glass. It was a marriage made in heaven

I'm new to Lampwork etc. and I have to say...I'm blown away by all the support. People have been emailing me left and right with positive comments about the eBook...It means a lot!

P.S. - I set a goal to sell 100 copies in the first year and I'm only a few copies away from reaching that goal! How cool is that? Thanks all

~

~

Old 2011-03-29, 3:39pm

Hi, just bought this, it look great, thanks.
Old 2011-03-29, 3:44pm
Hobby Junkie

LE is a very supportive community. There are squabbles here and there (just like any group of people) but we take care of our own.

Glad to hear that your tutorial is doing so well! I hope to try it this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashi View Post
Thank you Diana. With this eBook I was able to combine my graphic design/publishing experience with my passion for glass. It was a marriage made in heaven

I'm new to Lampwork etc. and I have to say...I'm blown away by all the support. People have been emailing me left and right with positive comments about the eBook...It means a lot!

P.S. - I set a goal to sell 100 copies in the first year and I'm only a few copies away from reaching that goal! How cool is that? Thanks all

Old 2011-03-29, 7:24pm
Boro Boy

Thanks JKC! Good luck with the tutorials. Let me know if you have any questions.

Bella...The glass community never ceases to amaze me. Although I'm new on this forum, I've witnessed lots of sharing and caring in our community over the years. It's great when people can come together over a shared interest.

~

~

Old 2011-03-30, 6:06pm
Flame Dame

Do you show the technique with only tubing? And can it be done with boro rods? I ask because I only have rods.

Thanks!
Leah

Etsy ID: leahbeads
Old 2011-03-30, 6:53pm
Boro Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahBeads View Post
Do you show the technique with only tubing? And can it be done with boro rods? I ask because I only have rods.

Thanks!
Leah
Hi Leah. One of the tutorials is a marble made with rod. However, the rest of the book focuses on using tubing.

~

~

Old 2011-04-04, 10:52am
Boro Boy

Nice! I just reached my goal of selling a 100 copies! Thanks all

~

~