LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2012-01-02, 6:20pm
birdergirl ~o~

Talking Tutorials and Kindle accounts

I realize I may be posting something everyone already knows and I just found out but here goes:
If you have purchased a tutorial and receive it by email ( or if you take a tutorial you own) you can take your email username (whatever comes before the "@" and send the tutorial by email to "yourusername"@kindle.com the tutorial will be sent to your itouch, iPad, kindle or wherever you have a kindle account and will live in the cloud, accessible whenever you want it!
Added: This will work with any PDF file.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~

Last edited by cadia; 2012-01-02 at 6:53pm. Reason: Added
Old 2012-01-02, 6:24pm

I just figured that out this weekend! It's awesome.
Old 2012-01-02, 10:21pm
dances with ideas...

I was just wondering about this. Thanks!

Old 2012-01-03, 8:30pm

Thanks for posting this information. I had no idea this could be done but just tried it and it worked beautifully. I also just learned about the Amazon cloud and downloaded some of my tutorials to the cloud so I can access them anywhere.

I just love learning something new each day ....

Deb
Old 2012-01-05, 9:27am
Always Improving

Another great thing about having it sent to your kindle is that if you have the Kindle APP on your I pad you can then have the Tutorial in the kindle app and not have to re-download the tutorial every time you want to read it on the I pad.
Old 2012-01-09, 7:18pm
Bad Cat Glass

On an iPad, also works to drag the tutorial or any PDF file into your "Books" app, so you can access it anywhere.
Old 2012-01-09, 7:50pm
http://youtu.be/nGt9jAkWi

We use the dropbox app. Just add that app & you can put all your tutorials there at once, then they will show up on your reader.

Vivian

-

Old 2012-01-11, 11:23am
Always Improving

Drop box is the best. We use it for work, photos and tuts.

And it is FREE
Old 2012-01-11, 11:29am
Jacqueline Parkes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Ryder View Post
Drop box is the best. We use it for work, photos and tuts.

And it is FREE
I love dropbox too . Yes it is free until you run out of space. I am trying to find an alternative. Anyone know of one?

Old 2012-01-11, 1:02pm
Queen Bee

I've been trying to figure out how to get my tutorials onto my ipad - I'm so challanged with technology I can't even figure out how to drag stuff - ugh. Think I'll have to go to the apple store and have them show me how to use the darn thing! But I'll try sending it to kindle.com and see what happens! Thanks!!

Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry
Old 2012-01-11, 5:56pm

I downloaded an app to my Kindle (can't remember the name) for .99. I then can move anything from my laptop to my kindle such as pictures and tutorials. It connects them thru the internet some kind of way. Or you can use an USB cable to connect them.

"People can be the wind beneath your wings or the anchor on your boat" John Maxwell
Old 2012-01-11, 7:42pm
Queen Bee

Yeah, that's the thing about an ipad - no usb. I did figure out how to email them to myself and put them in my ibooks today - a pretty big accomplishment for me, lol.

Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry
Old 2012-01-12, 2:55pm
Flame Dame

I just got an email from Amazon and it now has a download so that you can right click on a document and send it directly to you kindle.

Here's the link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000719931

Leah

Etsy ID: leahbeads
Old 2012-01-13, 9:43am
dances with ideas...

One alternative to dropbox is box.com. That's what DH and I use for business stuff. Our account is not free, but maybe they have a free option.

Old 2012-01-14, 9:53am

Thanks Leah, the "Send to Kindle" app works great!

Old 2012-01-14, 10:01am
birdergirl ~o~

The Kindle app is free and with unlimited storage as far as I know. Also very easy to use! A one step ( the email with file) process!
It looks like the "App" is for windows type computers, you don't need this with a Mac, just email it.

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Last edited by cadia; 2012-01-14 at 10:02am. Reason: add
Old 2012-01-20, 8:07pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahBeads View Post
I just got an email from Amazon and it now has a download so that you can right click on a document and send it directly to you kindle.

Here's the link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000719931

Leah

I downloaded and tried sending twice. It says successful but it's not showing up on my Kindle. I looked at troubleshooting but there's no option for "everything worked as diagrammed but nothing ever showed up."

"People can be the wind beneath your wings or the anchor on your boat" John Maxwell
Old 2012-01-22, 1:16pm
Lover of all things color

Just in case anyone has a Nook, I finally figured out how to move my tutorials over to it. If there is anyone out there that has one and wants to know how, let me know...

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2012-01-22, 4:40pm

I'd like to know how to do it with nook. I was going to go to 2epub.com and upload them into it and see if they converted right.. but haven't done it yet..

I keep thinking I should have gotten an iPad but it so damn expensive. LOL

Facebook

Blogger
Old 2012-01-22, 5:37pm
Lover of all things color

Arlene, just plug the Nook into your computer using the USB port, (pull it out of the plug end). The Nook will come up as a separate drive, there is a folder called "My Files" and in that one that says "My Documents", copy and paste them there.

When you turn on your Nook you go to the Library and on the far left is the "My Files" drop down.

I love the Nook, if you have the color one it does pretty much all that the iPad does, games and the internet. Although I don't use it for that, it is there.

Hope this helps.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2012-01-26, 3:57pm
Run Free Sweet Boy

I just copy them to my nook's files section

"It's not what you have, it's who you are."
Old 2012-01-30, 12:29pm
Flame Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna T. View Post
I downloaded and tried sending twice. It says successful but it's not showing up on my Kindle. I looked at troubleshooting but there's no option for "everything worked as diagrammed but nothing ever showed up."
Did you try syncing your Kindle? Sometimes I have to do that in order to get it to respond.

Leah

Etsy ID: leahbeads
Old 2012-02-06, 7:43am

I have a Kindle Fire and I sent my tutorials to my @kindle address used the word convert in the mailing subject and then just attached my file.
Now when I'm out and have time to read I just open up a tutorial as they are now on the carousel when I turn the kindle on.
Old 2012-02-06, 9:35am
birdergirl ~o~

I do that too Raven~ it's so great having ALL my reading material in one spot and love being able to read the tuts anywhere!

Old 2012-02-24, 2:57am
To bead Yeah! ;)

Great Info!

_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!
HOLLOW BEAD, 3D SQUARES for hollow beads, Rose Murrini and Multi Murrini tut, JETZT alle in DEUTSCH erhältlich!
Old 2012-02-25, 7:51pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahBeads View Post
Did you try syncing your Kindle? Sometimes I have to do that in order to get it to respond.

Leah
This app works great. Any pdf file I find on the internet that I want to save for later (recipe, publix grocery list) anything I want to take with me for later I just hit "print" then "send to kindle". Sometimes it's really fast and then sometimes it takes several minutes to show up.