Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2011-11-05, 10:10pm

Playing with Christmas marble ideas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#C-151
Old 2011-11-06, 9:41am

I successfully put together some wine glasses together.
Attached Images

Old 2011-11-06, 9:53am

cool Deb

#C-151
Old 2011-11-06, 3:13pm
Your Royal Fritness

Wow I Love them all!

I've been stuck on implosion rings and buttons. I think I will attempt a few marbles this week. You all have inspired me
Attached Images

Old 2011-11-06, 6:57pm

new marble today

#C-151
Old 2011-11-06, 7:01pm

Nice marble Morgan very festive, speaking of festive marbles how about joining our marble exchange Dawn your flower implosions' are great. New marble makers are welcome.

Old 2011-11-06, 7:28pm
senior citizen lampworker

you did a good job on your goblets there deb. I like em

A YouTube video I made:
Old 2011-11-06, 11:13pm

Thanks glassdog I have two more I did today I like them too. I am working on the join spot in making it smoother and I was thinking today that maybe I heat to much of each side and then I get a bulge. So I have been trying to disguise it by making the whole stem bulbie (bulbie-its a new word for bulges)lol. Any tips.

Old 2011-11-07, 5:46am
Pyromaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb tarry View Post
I am working on the join spot in making it smoother and I was thinking today that maybe I heat to much of each side and then I get a bulge.
There's a trick to that. I haven't mastered it, but I practice it with rods of clear. Just cut and rejoin. Once you've mastered that (I haven't) for more realism you can blow bubbles in tubing and pretend they're goblets. Or use real goblet bits. For now, I like bulbie too. Or maybe bulgie

Fortune Cookie say, "When things go wrong, don't go with them!"

Current Glass-Melting Apparatus:
GTT Lynx powered by 2 5 LPM Oxycons and
a sexy Barracuda running pure tanked Oxy
Old 2011-11-07, 6:29am

Deb, I set up a lathe system for mine. It is just a set of two rollers that I can put my claw holders in, making it easier to connect the two halves in a more precise manner. If you get my drift. Anyway I think they are great and enjoy seeing what you are doing with them. Keep it up.
Mike

ps...the rollers make it easier to make the tops and bottoms yourself too.

A YouTube video I made:
Old 2011-11-07, 8:33am

Yes rollers would be nice.

Old 2011-11-07, 9:53am

Default Botched Reticello

I'll be glad to take any suggestions on how to do reticello. I know i'm doing something wrong with the second set of lines, but what that is, is beyond me.
Anyway, this a one of my attempts, I'll file it under pleasant mistakes.
Dave
Attached Images

Old 2011-11-07, 10:22am

thank you so much for the compliments.

I love using bezel and twisted wire around the boro cabs. I like it so much better then seeing stone cabs.
deb, I love your flowers! Especially the goblets!

Totally awesome eyes.. I think I must look up that article I remember from flow. The dragons are so creative.

Justin, nice frit pendants. I like the way you do the loops on the top.
So many beautiful and creative pieces!

Dave, that pendant is fantastic even though it is not what you had planned

Viking knit End Caps for sale:
[/url]https://heatherferman.etsy.com[/url]

Last edited by Dasi; 2011-11-07 at 10:46am.
Old 2011-11-07, 6:28pm

Default Back to lampwork going to the dogs

I made a few more dogs today. The dogs on these are about an inch tall. The boxer is soft glass,,the rest are boro. All of them are signed. Hope yall like em.
Attached Images

A YouTube video I made:
Old 2011-11-07, 7:01pm

For a tut on retichello check this link out http://www.etsy.com/listing/63685003...ng-flameworked this helped me out big time. let me know if this link doesn't work.

Old 2011-11-07, 11:50pm

Dave, your pendant looks like a mysterious plant. Beautiful!!
Old 2011-11-08, 1:38am
Evil Glass Enabler

I love this! It looks like a kaleidoscope to me. Angelique

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlando1 View Post
I'll be glad to take any suggestions on how to do reticello. I know i'm doing something wrong with the second set of lines, but what that is, is beyond me.
Anyway, this a one of my attempts, I'll file it under pleasant mistakes.
Dave

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2011-11-08, 8:36am

Someone asked about the red I was using in my poinsettia's it's poppy (i think ns) encased in torbo amethyst then pulled into a stringer.

Old 2011-11-08, 6:07pm
The Crazy One

Some real nice work here! I'm finally out of the flame off mode and back to work! Here's mine and Kevin Bumble's Glassroots piece.

Old 2011-11-10, 5:03pm
Always learnin' & yearnin

I didn't want to ruin the thread going after the master LOCO! your stuff is AMAZING!!!!

Everyone here is just OMG good! I WILL be there one day!

Here is my lame attempt.
Name:  dragon 001.jpg
Views: 796
Size:  24.9 KB

Name:  dragon 002.jpg
Views: 789
Size:  20.6 KB

Name:  dragon 003.jpg
Views: 790
Size:  19.2 KB

Old 2011-11-10, 6:02pm

Great job Steven I know how it feels to post after some of these artists. They seem to have everything perfectly lined up and their colours, well lets not go there. But what you are doing is showing your progress which is important to you and everyone else. People chime in and give you pointers to keep you going as well as compliments. Cause we all need a pat on the back sometimes.

Old 2011-11-10, 6:16pm

Nice, Loco. Beautiful work. Would love to see some close up detail shots.
Old 2011-11-10, 6:36pm

Thanks Deb Tarry! I have been working with that style for a bit and I WILL master it...lol

Old 2011-11-10, 8:27pm

I Like the dragon Steve besides it is nice to see other mortals post among the gods

#C-151
Old 2011-11-10, 8:31pm

lol I know right!!! Thanks baywinger!

Old 2011-11-12, 3:11pm

Default Just back from a show

Sue and Bootsie
Old 2011-11-12, 7:52pm
Gay rights R human rights

some more orphans..

bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2011-11-13, 8:42am
Pyromaniac

A couple of little bud vases that have indentations around the perimeter.
They are about 3 and 4 inches across.

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2011-11-13, 3:39pm

Everything is great yall. It keeps inspiring me. Here is my latest. Joseph is about 4 inches tall
Attached Images

A YouTube video I made:
Old 2011-11-14, 8:05am
Serenity Now!

Incredible work here folks! Beautiful stuff. I haven't posted any pics here in ages - here's a bangle bracelet I just finished up, which also features some fine silver links, a drop, and toggle.

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here: