LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2009-10-01, 7:52am
Queen Bee

I snagged a kit - there were 2 left and I really had to make myself not take the two. I wanted to...........but left the last one for someone else. Being nice is so hard sometimes........

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Donna

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry
Old 2009-10-01, 11:21pm

My first champagne bead!!

Old 2009-10-01, 11:30pm
Tonbodama Murrini maker

OMG Lisa, that bead is awsome. You really used the technique and gave it your own twist!!! And what a great job you did!

Currently on a Knight Bullet and 2 oxycons and tanked oxy

|
|
|
|
|
|
Old 2009-10-02, 8:57am
Dangerous Woman

OMG!!!! Lisa that bead is unbelievably beautiful!!! Damn. I have to wait till payday.

Must not use credit card.
Must not use credit card.

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2009-10-02, 9:15am

Thank you!! I can hardly wait to get home from work today to make more!

Old 2009-10-02, 9:29am

Wow, Lisa, unbelievable!! I can't wait to get my kit now X 2.

lol
Old 2009-10-02, 9:39am
Tonbodama Murrini maker

Carol, you really behaved by just getting 2. Somebody else snatched all 5.

I will be listing some more today. But than i have to wait till my stock for the Sparkle Balls arrives. so even i have to wait before i can play again. I just have a teeny weeny bit left.

Lisa, i could not find the bead on etsy??? Will you be keeping this one for yourself, or will you be listing it

Can't wait what you will all be making with this technique. Let's have a Big BALLS invasion after the weekend ROFL

|
|
|
|
|
|
Old 2009-10-02, 9:43am

Christina, I must confess that I did multiply $7 X 7 (that's how many kits there were when I bought mine) and figured I had better limit myself to 2. That was before anyone said anything about controlling ourselves, as I am sure the same thing happened with the person who bought 5 of them. We just figured you would have an endless supply, that's all!

I can't wait till Monday to see the results of the invasion .

Carol
Old 2009-10-02, 10:19pm
Ad astra per aspera

I'm worried there's a snag somewhere. I don't have the ISP's you mentioned, but I paid for a tut on Etsy on 9/30 (plus one of the kits) and only got the Paypal confirmation. I get to play on Sunday.

Old 2009-10-02, 11:19pm
Bead Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDreamer View Post
I'm worried there's a snag somewhere. I don't have the ISP's you mentioned, but I paid for a tut on Etsy on 9/30 (plus one of the kits) and only got the Paypal confirmation. I get to play on Sunday.
Karen, check you e-mail's spam inbox, that's where mine was!

Old 2009-10-02, 11:22pm
Tonbodama Murrini maker

Karen, if you would have contacted me by pm or e-mail, i could have send it again to you days a go.

However i think your etsy name is Meiko5454 and you have a Yahoo account. and that is de issue as i metnioned in this thread, Yahoo and comcast are blocking the e-mail in 90% of the time.

I will pm you.

|
|
|
|
|
|
Old 2009-10-02, 11:27pm
Ad astra per aspera

That's not me. Checking my PM's.

Old 2009-10-02, 11:34pm
Tonbodama Murrini maker

heheheh, i just have seen i have 2 Sherwoods who purchased it
I did send it to the addy mentioned in the comfirmation.

But i think it will all work out now

|
|
|
|
|
|
Old 2009-10-02, 11:36pm
Ad astra per aspera

All better for the tut! Can't wait to get my kit and play for real!

It's a great tut, excellent pix, and great explanations. A+++!

P.S. Chrissy....I had to laugh about your stories of throwing the brass across the room! The first time I ever used dichro strips, I did the same thing. The scumming and all the disappointment made me lose my temper. Glad to know I'm not alone.

Last edited by DesertDreamer; 2009-10-02 at 11:39pm.
Old 2009-10-03, 4:16am
Knob Creek Glass

I just want one kit, although I would love a lot of them, so I can visualize what is in it. thanks. Looking forward to it.
Old 2009-10-03, 7:09am

lisa your bead is amazing.
Old 2009-10-03, 9:23am

Thank you Carol and Yellowbird. I am anxious to see what others do with these techniques and supplies.

Old 2009-10-03, 11:09am

I just bought mine.........Can't wait to read it.
Chrissy I thank you so much for doing this Tut.
Old 2009-10-04, 8:52am
Lover of Life

Just purchased mine. Your beads are so delicious, Chrissy! Can't wait to try!

"Your dreams are waiting for you to come true."
Old 2009-10-06, 1:13am
Resident hippie

I'd love to see more beads made with Chrissy's Tutorial.

Have FUN!!!!! It's not about perfection..... Leslie - [not so] Crazy Woman

Old 2009-10-06, 4:14am
Knob Creek Glass

I have been unable to find brass sheet at .05 mm. Does anyone know where to buy it? Or is the .05mm an error?
Old 2009-10-06, 7:28am
Resident hippie

Barbara and Carmen - please read De's post - #11 above.

Have FUN!!!!! It's not about perfection..... Leslie - [not so] Crazy Woman

Old 2009-10-06, 6:39pm
Knob Creek Glass

I did read it and I did pm!
Old 2009-10-06, 8:21pm

So did I but got no clarification. Both sizes are still in my tutorial and I have the amended copy. I have asked around in NY and still can't find the correct size according to the "figure" given in the tutorial.
Old 2009-10-06, 8:41pm

I love making these.

I don't know how you do that but I might just purchase some of it.
Attached Images

Old 2009-10-06, 9:06pm

Pat those are spectacular and well, my first thought was heavenly so I'll go ahead and say it.

Those are heavenly!

Would milling it be similar to what people do with the polymer clay in the pasta machines?
Old 2009-10-06, 9:18pm

Pat those are great!!
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-10-06, 9:19pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaracollins View Post
I have been unable to find brass sheet at .05 mm. Does anyone know where to buy it? Or is the .05mm an error?
http://www.kitkraft.biz/product.php?...cat=232&page=1

So far this is the one place I found it. USA doesn't list the thickness in millimeters, we use fractional inches. Look for Brass Sheet .002" thickness and you have the right stuff. (25 mm to an inch * .002" = .05 mm)

I'm sure there are others. This is just the one that I found and liked and bookmarked to. Haven't ordered any yet.

Laura
Old 2009-10-07, 12:11am
Tonbodama Murrini maker

Thank you Beadanna, for bringing De's earlier posting up again!

I think if you google for the key ingredients you would get a list of suppliers that sell it.

I am based in the Netherlands and i am not familiar with stores in the US, Canada or Australia for that matter.

But i did do a test search on google when i wrote my E-book and got lots of sites who actually carrie a hole variaty in thickness that i would envy all of you for having so many options.

I would prefer and suggest that you do not post questions with such refeling info on what you need to make my beads in the public thread. As suggested by me and others before and also written in my E-book. Please e-mail or PM me.

And please keep in mind i live in the Netherlands and there is a time differece. Sometimes you will have to wait a couple of hours before i will reply. So give me some time instead of giving me second and third pm's/e-mails to let me know you contacted me 5 hours ago and still have no reply.

As people said before it is not fair to me and all the work i did, but i also do not think it is fair to all of them who purchased teh E-book.

I am swamped with pm's and e-mails and i try to answer all of them as fast as possible. But i also have a bussiness to take care of and a family and husband who is in and out of the hospital. I just can't get them all replied as fast as i would like.

If you can not find any base ingredients, you can always ask me if i could sell some to you. Just like i did with the mini kits.

Which i will be offering again as soon as i have my new supply, cause i am totally out of dust & powder stuff.

Thanks for your understanding.
Chrissy

PAT: Girl, You have some AWSOME balls!

|
|
|
|
|
|
Old 2009-10-07, 2:05am
Lover of all things color

I think I mentioned before that I ordered mine from Dick Blick. It didn't mention the thickness but I was able to get plenty of bubbles from my little test bead.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con