LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2009-11-29, 1:26pm
I speak Murrini!

Oooo, what a good idea Karen! Hope it's OK with you Laura...I'm gonna start one in the Gallery! I'm over the moon with my first try from last night! See you there! Oh, but first, here's a "teaser":

(Evil~De)

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2009-11-29, 2:46pm

Great idea Karen and De, the bead is *wonderful*!

Over to the gallery I go .....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
•
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
•
Old 2009-11-29, 4:59pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Did anyone try this tute with boro?
I wonder if it would work. I've tried a few other
soft glass tutorials with boro glass, and didn't really have
great success . Let me know!

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2009-11-30, 6:42pm

I love this tutorial!

I've just posted my first rolys in the gallery.

Thanks again for the tut and what a bargain price too!!!

Rob.
Old 2009-12-01, 3:01am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbo View Post
I love this tutorial!

I've just posted my first rolys in the gallery.

Thanks again for the tut and what a bargain price too!!!

Rob.
Rob - just seen your Rolys and they're marvellous. I love the multicoloured ones.

Glad you like the tut!

•
•
Old 2009-12-01, 3:59am
Cherine Perrin Glass

OMG - I have been admiring those beads for a while now. So glad that you decided to do a tutorial. I just bought one but just wanted to add my email addy here because I forgot to put it in the comments. It's cdperrin1@aol.com

Thanks!

My Etsy shop: https://
face="Verdana">Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/CherinePerrinLampwork/
Old 2009-12-01, 4:46am

Cheers Cherine! Have sent your PDF so you should have it by now.

Thanks!

•
•
Old 2009-12-01, 9:32pm

Just ordered mine! Thanks for sharing Laura.

Michelle

Old 2009-12-02, 1:33am

Cheers Michelle. Tut should be with you now!

•
•
Old 2009-12-02, 1:25pm

woo hoo....just got my copy. What quick delivery....

Minor
Old 2009-12-02, 3:33pm
Formerly Icarus Beads :)

These look like so much fun.
Just ordered my copy. Thanks for sharing Laura!

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2009-12-02, 8:44pm

I got it, looks great Laura!

Michelle

Old 2009-12-03, 4:00am

Have fun, everyone! And don't forget to post pics of your Roly Polys over in the Roly Poly thread in the Gallery.

•
•
Old 2010-01-16, 9:56am
Heal with Steel

I just bought mine, can't wait to give it a try Laura!

Thanks so much,
eli
Old 2010-01-16, 8:06pm
Burning Fingers!

Just bought mine - now I can't wait for you to get up Laura, as I'm sure you are in bed right now.

/
/
/

Old 2010-01-30, 11:48am
The Andrea Half

I'm eagerly waiting for mine, too.

Old 2010-01-30, 12:07pm

I just ordered this tutorial and can't wait to try it.

What beautiful beads!
Old 2010-01-30, 12:28pm

Wow, that was fast, the first time I checked my email there it was!

Thanks!
Old 2010-01-30, 1:57pm

These are so much fun, I love rolying and polying .
Old 2010-01-30, 10:22pm
The Andrea Half

Got it, andmay i say that Laura has AMAZING customer service.

Old 2010-01-30, 11:04pm

I can't wait to see the beads from this tutorial in the morning. I just couldn't stop till my kiln was full of the roly poly's.
Old 2010-01-30, 11:19pm
I speak Murrini!

Just a reminder...I have this thread going in Gallery to show your Roly Poly Beads! I love this tutorial!

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ight=roly+poly

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2010-01-31, 8:06am

The first 5 I did were really bad, sad to say but normal for me.

The next 7 or 8 don't look like roly poly's at all but they are still pretty so all is not lost.

I think I need to stick to the formulas given in the tutorial and try again. No pics yet!
Old 2010-01-31, 9:31am
The Andrea Half

I know! I haven't had a chance to try but maybe tonight. This is a lovely tut--it takes a known technique and gives it a twist that I wouldn't have thought of myself; thank you, Laura!

As an academic, there was something else I really appreciated about this tut: clear language, and thoroughly proofread for grammar and spelling. I have seen tuts (NOBODY on this board, I should add) that had over 34 spelling, punctuation, and layout errors in the first four pages alone. Others do very well but have one or two punctuation quirks, such as over- or under-used apostrophes or homonym confusion. (I *hate* it when people use apostrophes when they mean to use a plural and vice "worsa". You know: plural's, bead's, apostrophe's, scream's of sheer exasperated infuriation. Or using "there" when they mean "they're" or "their".) Most of the time writing problems do not confuse the tutorial's meanings, but they do break my concentration! Laura's tutorial was a model of good writing, good punctuation, and good grammar.

Old 2010-01-31, 9:55am

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourTailsLampwork View Post
I know! I haven't had a chance to try but maybe tonight. This is a lovely tut--it takes a known technique and gives it a twist that I wouldn't have thought of myself; thank you, Laura!

As an academic, there was something else I really appreciated about this tut: clear language, and thoroughly proofread for grammar and spelling. I have seen tuts (NOBODY on this board, I should add) that had over 34 spelling, punctuation, and layout errors in the first four pages alone. Others do very well but have one or two punctuation quirks, such as over- or under-used apostrophes or homonym confusion. (I *hate* it when people use apostrophes when they mean to use a plural and vice "worsa". You know: plural's, bead's, apostrophe's, scream's of sheer exasperated infuriation. Or using "there" when they mean "they're" or "their".) Most of the time writing problems do not confuse the tutorial's meanings, but they do break my concentration! Laura's tutorial was a model of good writing, good punctuation, and good grammar.

I always notice mistakes and depending on my mood, I either shake my head or giggle at them.

I am studying this tutorial again to see where I am going wrong.

What I love about this tutorial, besides all the things you point out here, is the price .
Old 2010-01-31, 10:08am

Ok, I found my HUGE mistake and I have hope for success the next time I torch.

I can't believe I missed this one thing!

Well, yes I can. It's just me.
Old 2010-01-31, 5:16pm

I just ordered a copy. Looking forward to trying them!!

Old 2010-02-01, 2:01am

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourTailsLampwork View Post

Thank you so much. That means a lot to me. I think that if you're selling something then the least you can do is make sure it's not riddled with spelling mistakes and bad grammar.

Oh and don't even get me started on the apostrophe issue .....

•
•
Old 2010-02-01, 7:35am

I've done this a couple times "by mistake" with silver glass & I the look--I'm going to have to buy the tutorial to figure out HOW I did it!

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2010-02-01, 8:45am

If a tutorial is done by someone in another country, I overlook spelling issues because sometimes the same word is spelled differently.

I hate to admit that I have corrected some people's spelling and found out that the spelling is correct to them.

I am usually so thrilled getting the techniques that I don't care that much really if they make little errors in spelling or punctuation because their generosity far outweighs their oversights.