No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-10-09, 7:44am
Carolyn

Default Enamel decals and moretti

Can you use enamel decals on beads that are made with moretti soft glass?
Thanks, Carolyn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by CC Design; 2012-10-09 at 3:16pm. Reason: got answer
Old 2012-10-10, 2:26am
More ideas than talent

I've been wondering this too

Old 2012-10-10, 4:17am
~ a.k.a. Sharlee22 ~

Yes, you can!
But you need to use the low fire ones. That is very important.
You put the bead back in the cold kiln, run another annealing process and you're done!

Here's a bead made with a decal.

Old 2012-10-10, 4:24am
~ a.k.a. Sharlee22 ~

http://www.aaeglass.com/fusingdecals.html

Old 2012-10-10, 6:15am
Somewhat out there!

Thank you for the link. It looks very interesting.

Julianne
Old 2012-10-10, 2:54pm
Carolyn

Thanks for the information Elizabeth, I've really wanted to try this. Your bead is simply beautiful. Thanks for the link.
Carolyn

Old 2012-10-10, 5:08pm
Happy Inner Dragon

Wow. Just wow!

rusticalsfreestyle on Instagram

SRA# P107
Old 2012-10-11, 9:44am
tweetysweetie

That bead is awesome...woot, woot!

Old 2012-10-11, 1:27pm

Where does one get the decals?
Oh never mind I googled it.
Lovely tree, Liz!

Last edited by truegem; 2012-10-11 at 1:29pm.
Old 2012-10-11, 1:48pm

Default decals

you say you can just run them on an annealing schedule and they are good to go..

Sounds interesting.
Thanks.
Cher

please forgive my rudeness. The bead is wonderful. I love the colors together with the decal looks awsome.

Last edited by Cherri; 2012-10-11 at 2:35pm.
Old 2012-10-12, 10:40am

Hoping someone can shed some light on dong these. Sounds like and interesting and fun tech.
Cher
Old 2012-10-12, 11:09am
~ a.k.a. Sharlee22 ~

Hi Cherri!

The process for these decals is very easy. You just cut the decals according to the shape of your bead (not hot beads but beads that have been annealed) and you apply it on the bead. You let it dry for about an hour. You place the bead in the COLD kiln. Then, you run another ''regular'' annealing schedule. The decals will ''fuse'' in the bead during that process.

I normally put the decals beads in the kiln when I am about to torch so I will not run an annealing schedule just for the decals!

What is really important is that you make sure you buy LOW FIRE decals.

It's not a complicated process. And it's really fun to make!

Old 2012-10-12, 11:25am

Aae has the bestest decals!!!

Old 2012-10-12, 12:21pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethCreations View Post
Hi Cherri!

The process for these decals is very easy. You just cut the decals according to the shape of your bead (not hot beads but beads that have been annealed) and you apply it on the bead. You let it dry for about an hour. You place the bead in the COLD kiln. Then, you run another ''regular'' annealing schedule. The decals will ''fuse'' in the bead during that process.

I normally put the decals beads in the kiln when I am about to torch so I will not run an annealing schedule just for the decals!

What is really important is that you make sure you buy LOW FIRE decals.

It's not a complicated process. And it's really fun to make!
Thankyou

I was confused because of the temp. information on the web site for firing the low fire decals. I just needed to be sure.
I did go to the web site. I was looking for the tree of life like your bead; which I really, really love. The colors of the bead work fantastic with it.

I am thinking of Christmas presents so of course looking for things they will like; the tree of life, zebras and owls.

Thank you so very much for this information and I am going to order some to try.

Cherri

Last edited by Cherri; 2012-10-12 at 12:38pm.
Old 2012-10-14, 4:33pm
MacGalver

Is there somewhere to get low-fire decals made from your own designs? That would be so cool!

Jo

Old 2012-10-18, 2:15pm
The Harbinger of Cuteness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frit Diva View Post
Is there somewhere to get low-fire decals made from your own designs? That would be so cool!

Jo
^^^^^
This!

~
~

#M-191
Old 2012-10-18, 2:28pm

I posted these before , used the enamel low fire transfers on them. Lots of full.
Old 2012-10-18, 3:39pm
Ready to hit the road

That's one of the best things about this forum. There's always something new to revive the creative spirit. Thanks for sharing!

Old 2012-10-29, 5:06pm
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

Help! I tried this, set up 3 beads with decals; let them dry overnight and then followed the instructions that came with them. 1 came out perfect, 2 left nothing but grey ash that rubbed right off. I think I know what I did wrong - I'm guessing that I put 2 of them on the bead wrong side up. So my question is, when you slide the decal off the paper backing, which side goes down? The side that was up, or the side that was against the paper? I don't want to keep ruining the decals while I try to figure it out.

Thanks for any help!

L-111

Old 2012-10-29, 5:09pm
~ a.k.a. Sharlee22 ~

I always put the side that's against the paper on the surface of the bead. Does that make sense???
Got the grey ash the first time too...

Old 2012-10-31, 4:48am
Who me?

In answer to Frit Diva and Aimee, I found this:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/69575836...terslide-decal

These are sepia decals and I'm sure with the proper equipment, you could do it yourself, In fact, I think there is a $ tutorial by someone here for it.
Old 2012-10-31, 4:49am
Who me?

http://www.dichroicandmore.com/decal-paper.aspx

You need a laser printer and special paper....