Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2008-08-30, 5:57am

Just a note to let you know I will not be able to email "Sculpting..." if you buy it after gustav hits, for a while. I'll see if I can figure out a way from my laptop. I can, however for a couple more days...after that is iffy. We were almost a month w/o electricity last time. I will bring my laptop wherever we roam to keep in touch...any suggestions where there is glass/bead happenings? Might as well make a vacation of it. Thanks, ♥ Love and requesting your prayers, Helen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Before His throne is a sea of glass like crystal.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-08-30, 6:07am

when is Gustav expected to arrive in your parts Helen???

Do you smell something burning, or is it just me??
Old 2008-08-30, 6:23am

I'm watching the weather channel with its terrible funky elevator music, and it seems Tuesday -Thursday. Having plenty of time to batten down, take in the yard stuff, we are leaving Monday, when the highways will be clear. Doesn't St Louis have some glass stuff? Or maybe Louisville? Have you seen either? ♥

Old 2008-08-30, 4:43pm

We're going to Austin, and will call it a mini vacation. I'll bring my laptop and try to keep in touch. ♥

Old 2008-08-30, 5:26pm

Helen, I read your pms/emails this morning and am praying for you. Please be safe, I don't know what I would do if something happened to my sweet friend, Helen! It made me cry just thinking of it.
Old 2008-08-31, 4:29am

You are SO sweet, Carol. Thanks for thinking of me.
It's so funny. Chester who is usually slow and methodical is hyper like a monkey. But I who am the hyper one, in catastrophe, shut down w/ headache, dull and dumb, lacking sleep.
We have to pack and be out of here by tomorrow...no telling for how long. Hurricanes eat screens which you can't live w/o when the tropical winds bring the mosquitoes in, and you have no power, so Abraham is taking off the screens today, rather than slaying digital enemies in various games. Wonder if he'll complain?!?
I will try to pack and get out all my Beads today to be mailed from Austin...there's no church, stores, or anything open. We're refugees again, but it really is an adventure, since we did it almost exactly 3 years ago for rita. Chester is thinking hannah will be worse for us...we'll see. We will probably try to find a place closer to home so we can sneak in to check our stuff. They get freaked out about looters, army guys w/ guns pointed at you is scary, but they're ok if you are the porperty owner and can prove it. Guess we better carry real estate deed, too...didn't think of that.,,dull, I tell you.
I'll be posting to let you know how we are, and thanks again. ♥ Love, Helen

Old 2008-08-31, 11:29am
Live and Let Live

Sending prayers your way, Helen! I hope that the storms will not be as strong as they are predicting and move quickly through. Please keep in touch when you're able to.

Old 2008-08-31, 11:58am

Thanks, Lisa. I'll try to check in when that strong east wind, which has already started here, blows us to Texas.

Old 2008-09-02, 9:44am

Default where are ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by helensharvest View Post
Thanks, Lisa. I'll try to check in when that strong east wind, which has already started here, blows us to Texas.
Are we there yet?
Old 2008-09-03, 4:24pm

I'm back, w/o effect. I did get to go drop a little cash at Blue Moon and see some Beads in real life rather than online or in books. AND, my Chester wants to start making huge stained glass lights, since there was a man he watched there. Then we'll be glassmates, with twin studios we shall build, heehee. Hope his dream lasts.
Please let me know if I can help you, my gardeners of glass. I'm at your service. ♥ Love, Helen

Old 2008-09-04, 11:01am

I am extremely relieved that you are back and all is well .
Old 2008-09-05, 7:08am

You all are doing beautiful flowers. Now I'm going to look for some flower photos to have some inspiration. Have to for this is just to cool not to do.

Rose Leslie
Old 2008-09-05, 7:14am

Sure, Rose! You can google any flower you like, print it, bring it with you to the torch. Think about steps and layers before you start, and please show us your work. I have an old fashioned indexed file notebook thing, that is very thick w/ pix from google, although i throw away lots now, since it will barely hold more, & it's a lot easier to type/click/print, than thumb through a book. ♥ Love, Helen

Old 2008-09-11, 5:08am

We're planning another hurricane evacuation this weekend, so I may again lose internet. Please bear with me if you buy this ebook...I'll mail it as soon as possible. Thanks, ♥ Love, Helen

Old 2008-09-11, 10:17am

Helen,

Not again! Just want you to know you are on my heart and I'm praying for you always. My eyes are still leaking when I think of it.

Take care, please.

Love,

Last edited by Carols Glass; 2008-09-11 at 9:24pm.
Old 2008-09-11, 1:58pm

Thanks, Carol. ♥

Old 2008-09-13, 7:02pm

We're back, so am able to deliver and help you w/ your glass gardening again. Phhwweew! Second evacuation in 2 weeks, tough on the old body, not to mention my Beads. ♥ Love, Helen, soom to sleep...

Old 2008-09-13, 11:06pm
Oh No You Didn't!

Man, I would have to hit the lottery if I hope to ever be able to buy this tutorial, *sniff*

But I'm loving watching what you all are doing with it. I haven't seen a bad flower yet so the tutorial must be doing its job.

More pictures please!

My name is............. Deb

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2008-09-14, 6:34am

Thanks, Frogsong (you oughta' here them singing in MY yard when it rains!)
I am very pleased with the progress of the fruit of this ebook. The Flowers are not only lovely, but STRONG, essential to wearable glass art. When I first started glass flowering, I could make them pretty, but I cringed when they would clink, until I figured out how to fortify them. ♥ Love, Helen

Old 2008-09-16, 1:13am

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
Personally if I was going to do one (and I'm not), I would set up a private Yahoo email group. Anyone that purchased my tutorial would be a member and receive all the questions asked and my answers. In the future there will be a way to do that right here on LE even. I think by doing something along those lines that a higher tutorial price is even more justified. I think higher prices are already justified though.

I think this is a totally awesome idea...

I was just looking at these tutorials and wondering what kind of support came with them. LOL

Cost wise I look at it as what I would pay for a class and what I would learn in that class. If I pay 180 for learning 8 techniques and 3 different beads from a person, then think what it would take me to get to the class, begging time away from the husband and kids, travel, room and board.. some of that price is justifiable.

But then I don't have other people to bounce the theories and idea's off of and if I can't do it the way they do in the tutorial, now how do I find out alternative ways to try it without breaking the "code of silence"..

I'll probably find that some of these and life other major mysteries answered later in the thread.. lol

Facebook

Blogger
Old 2008-09-16, 5:26am

Hi, Arlene. I do have a Yahoo group called beadcoach, where we post pix and compare notes. I mostly answer the questions asked, because they are usually addressed to me, about techniques. But my ladies have taken off, all the Flowers different and lovely. I am VERY pleased with their work, and yearn to see more, hint, hint.
It's not easy to make this kind of flower, because there are many steps and layers, and because it takes considerable heat control and glass manipulation, it is reccomended for advanced lampworkers. It doesn't hurt to be passionate about floral botany either, as I am. Thanks, ♥ Love, Helen