LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2008-03-27, 4:58am

Otter, I'm sorry. I should post this a different day to bump it up but I'll probably forget. Someone wrote me they've had problems and I noted it in several threads. He was the only person after weeks of contact that Rich or I could get to make units. I wish I had more.

ETA: I sent George an e-mail including a link to this thread. I also told him I was removing any reference to him on my page about the unit. http://www.baublesbynancy.com/storage.htm ~if anyone wants to see the wording. He used to have that link too. I sent it to the address listed on his site. There has been no response, and nothing saying it didn't go through (yet). If (big huge if) I hear from him, I'll post the response.

Last edited by Just Nancy; 2008-03-28 at 2:01pm.
Old 2008-03-31, 1:10pm
Elphaba Lives !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly Queen View Post
Katie,
Now this is something to drool over. , but where would I put my wine? Love your organization skills.
Tink love your spread sheet. Do you mind if I borrow it?

thanx,
Inez
Thanks Inez !! And just to let you know, I keep all my wine in a wine rack in another room, you know for after the torching, LOL

Kathy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-05-12, 3:54pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskerWood View Post
I am very spoiled because I have a BF who loves to build stuff!
This is a picture of my glassrack.

I also have two more long, thin ones that he built into my studio up against the ceiling...

What materials did your BF use?

Thanks
Old 2008-05-12, 3:54pm

This is AWESOME!!!
Old 2008-05-19, 1:05am
Old to LE, new to torch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Gee View Post
My studio is almost done. Hubby says just a couple more weeks. In the meantime, here is my glass storage:

The papers taped on the side of the cabinet are my inventory "maps" telling me where everything is (listed my both name and item number).

I used a double wine cabinet, plastic hollow pickets, and plastic storm gutters !!

Each hollow picket will hold up to 1/2 lb of glass, and I use the storm gutters for those colors that I want to keep a lb or more in stock at all times.

Kathy
Just curious where one would get hollow pickets? I've tried googling this to no avail.
Old 2008-05-26, 12:08pm
MomOnAMission

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglesLegacy View Post
Just curious where one would get hollow pickets? I've tried googling this to no avail.
Go to your local fence company & dig thru the scrap pile. You can usually pick really inexpensively too
Old 2008-05-26, 12:14pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

My local Lowes carries it too.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-05-26, 5:09pm
Elphaba Lives !!

Yes, Lowe's does carry them. Half of them were given to us (my hubby is a carpenter), and the other half we got from Lowe's.

Kathy

Old 2008-05-26, 5:13pm
Elphaba Lives !!

Oh, and by the way, I have found that if I don't rubber band the glass, each picket will hold 3/4 to 1 lb. of glass (instead of the 1/2 lb. that I originally stated).

Kathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Gee View Post
My studio is almost done. Hubby says just a couple more weeks. In the meantime, here is my glass storage:

The papers taped on the side of the cabinet are my inventory "maps" telling me where everything is (listed my both name and item number).

I used a double wine cabinet, plastic hollow pickets, and plastic storm gutters !!

Each hollow picket will hold up to 1/2 lb of glass, and I use the storm gutters for those colors that I want to keep a lb or more in stock at all times.

Kathy

Old 2008-05-27, 4:23am
Old to LE, new to torch

Cool! Thanks for the tips!! I'll go in search of these pickets.
Old 2008-05-31, 8:46am
Passion for Glassion

Default vertical glass storage

Hi Kikki,

You probably saw my post a few threads down the page from this.. so
I will keep this a bit short. I love my vertical " transparent" storage.
I have friends with the horizontal - only see the ends of the rods- in the
shelves situation .. Anyway I think something really great could be built
in this fashion. My Mesh shoe storage over the door unit is holding up
beautifully ($20)... I recommend trying at least one of these for awhile..
The link is on the other thread.. Here is a picture

Suz

"Things are beautiful if you love them. "
Quote by Jean Anouilh

Old 2008-05-31, 8:52am
Passion for Glassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by easytoentertain View Post
saw this and thought i would chip in with my newbie way to store my glass, i don't have much at all...and the flower pot i was using just wasn't doing it for me. also i lampwork out in my shed and though i have a table, hubby likes to set things on it...breaking my glass...GRRR...and it gets COLD out there as i live in western washington state...yeah...well here it is!

and it rolls up!

- jessica
Hi Jessica,

I have a couple of these - they work great for traveling with glass, I found
these sturdy canvas rolls including a plethora of paint brushes for $3.00
at Aaron Bros in Bellevue WA (Bellevue Art & Frame was selling the same
thing for $10.00) Yours is much prettier though.

Suz

"Things are beautiful if you love them. "
Quote by Jean Anouilh

Old 2008-05-31, 3:18pm
Borovangelist

I finally got the fencing from my local Grossmans. I put it into milk crates but the only problem is that the rods were so long it was front heavy and tipped. So, I cut all the rods in half to stick them in. The bottom one's all boro, the top one is mostly 104 except for my BE in the lower left corner. Right now the boxes are heavy enough to hold all the clear tubing and rod to the left in place, but I'm planning to put in a board on the table to help brace the boxes so they can't shift.

Just a tip, if you make a map, do it once you get the boxes where you want them to live. I did mine as I filled it with the boxes on their back. It's not the same standing up

Oh, and I find if I can't get my fingers in the hole to get glass out, the tweezers work just fine to help extract them. Since the bench is right behind me when I took this photo, they're handy.

|
|
Old 2008-06-06, 1:09am

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnette View Post
Plastic stackable storage container purchased at Walmart for $15. Use the 6" fencing material for the glass:

open

closed
I absolutely love this storage container & how it closes. Has anyone seen any of these lately? Or something like it?
Old 2008-06-06, 4:05am

I got the shelving units at Sam's and then the fencing at lowes

Viking knit End Caps for sale:
[/url]https://heatherferman.etsy.com[/url]
Old 2008-06-07, 5:44am
Lover of all things color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi View Post
I absolutely love this storage container & how it closes. Has anyone seen any of these lately? Or something like it?
I just saw one of these at my local Walmart in Lawrenceville, GA.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2008-06-07, 5:47am
Lover of all things color

So many great idea. For now I have an old cabinet filled with the pvc pipes but they don't hold enough and take up so much room. I'm going to head to Lowes and get some fence post or the pickets. Whatever I can find to get more rods in there.

I had been looking at shoe cubbies this morning and they are just so expensive. Then I was going to have my woodworking hubby build one until I saw the fence post idea. Now he can just build a box for them to sit in.

thanks for the great idea,

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2008-06-12, 3:53pm
I speak Murrini!

Default $30.00 + PVC buys you this!!!

Check it - I bought this tea cart from Big Lots ($19.99) screwed on these two square plastic crates ($4.99 each), and added my already cut PVC pipe in there - it rolls, won't tip (without a lot of effort) and was cheap as heck! I think I need a bumper sticker that reads "My OTHER car is a Tea Cart"!!!

DeAnne

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2008-06-12, 4:28pm

Deanne

Nice idea!

Viking knit End Caps for sale:
[/url]https://heatherferman.etsy.com[/url]
Old 2011-05-07, 8:45pm
That which you are given

bump this is an old thread would love to see whats new in storage

Old 2011-05-09, 6:53pm

I have one of these: http://www.staples.com/Sandusky-Delu...Area=home_box1

I bought it because it can handle the weight and you can lock it. I keep the doors closed, keeping my glass dust-free. DH cut a bunch of PVC pieces in various diameters to stack on the shelves. It's been great.