Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2009-11-19, 1:33am
Master Procrastinator

Default Boro Color Help Needed...please!

Long story.....

So I spent the day with a friend who makes jewelry. She asked me to bring my beads because she wanted to buy some to use in her designs. One of them was a set of boro beads that I had up on my etsy shop. Now I know that there are some people on here that list the same beads/sets on both etsy & artfire, but I'm not one of them cause I'm always afraid that they'll sell at the same time. So when my friend picked this set of beads, for an instant I thought I should check my etsy to make sure they didn't sell, but then I thought, what was the likelihood of THAT happenening?!?? Plus I didn't have my laptop with me.

Well, the unlikely happened! When I came home I realized that the set had indeed sold earlier that day. I contacted the buyer, fessed up & offered to make her a replacement set, to which she agreed....thank you God!

Now, here's the thing, I don't recall what frit I used to make these. Can someone PLEASE LMK what color(s) you think it might be. Tomorrow I can try some of the combinations out tp see which is the closest match. Here's a pic of the beads:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-11-19, 9:18am
Attack of the Snuggie!

What color frits did you have to choose from. Might narrow down the choices.

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

...Stephen F Roberts
Old 2009-11-19, 9:24am
Master Procrastinator

Um...no. I have LOADS of frit. How I wish it were that easy.

Old 2009-11-19, 10:14am
Marbles, dude, Marbles

What color was your base?

Old 2009-11-19, 10:17am
Master Procrastinator

I'm so bad about taking notes when I work....guess I will be more careful next time. Anyway, I believe it was either caramel or butterscotch.

Old 2009-11-19, 5:57pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Is there some sparkle in the greens, Lea?

Old 2009-11-19, 6:38pm
Master Procrastinator

I'm not sure Lisa. I played with some colors today that I think work. Will see tomorrow when they come out of the kiln.

Old 2009-11-20, 5:00pm
ManBearPig

I see a lot of what looks like butterscotch or caramel or silver strike with clear frit over it...

Old 2009-11-20, 11:52pm
Master Procrastinator

Sorry. Forgot to post that I found the right combo. I thought originally it was a blend, but none of the ones I had looked anything like it. So I played around with some individual colors & Voila!

Old 2009-11-21, 12:21am
Formerly Fireflyartglass

Come on tell us what it was then? My guess was caramel or butterscotch with silver creek on top?
Old 2009-11-21, 12:28am
Master Procrastinator

It was caramel with fine clear, DAP & 1 of the WYSIWYG turquoise or teal colors. I can't remember exactly & I'm not home to check. I still have a hard time with predicting boro colors so I'm glad I was able to remember. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Old 2009-11-22, 2:57pm
Pyromaniac

Looks like Aqua Azul in there for the turquoise color.

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2009-11-26, 3:37pm

Can I suggest that when you put something on Etsy you move it to a different container so that you don't have this happen again? I'm thinking about putting some of my glass up on Etsy, but I've already assigned a plastic case to hold the items once I photograph them and put them on the site.

I use a lot of "failed" glass implosions or things I decided I didn't like very much and remelt them into something else, so I wouldn't have a chance in million of identifying the colors I use for many of my pieces. Until I quit sharing my workspace with my son, I haven't bothered to keep track of any of the colors I use to make things. Hopefully, that will end in mid-Jan. next year when they move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAJ View Post
I'm so bad about taking notes when I work....guess I will be more careful next time. Anyway, I believe it was either caramel or butterscotch.