Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-07-02, 3:08pm

Default good banner software

i notice that most of you have great banners, i made one and put it on etsy but it's blurry..any suggestions would be appreciated..my etsy site is
www.rverk47.etsy.com thx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-07-02, 4:05pm
Smooches!

looks a little blurry cause you probably started out with a smaller version & blew it up?

As I understand it, any photo editing software can do it, but I am certainly not expert.

cocktail napkins available at:

Now running my Cheetah on 2 Regalia's - pure heaven!

Old 2008-07-02, 7:53pm
Glass-aholic

I made mine in a powerpoint drawing type software, then exported to PDF and Jpeg formats.

I found some clipart to use somewhere and modified it, and added text.

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2008-07-05, 12:07am

What resolution is your banner?
Old 2008-07-05, 4:11am
Lover of all things color

The instructions in Etsy say that the banner should be 760 pixels wide by 100 pixels high.

If you don't have graphics software to create your banner in I would be happy to help you. Just send me a PM if you would like help.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2008-07-05, 4:13am
Lover of all things color

I just went and looked at your banner. It doesn't look that bad.

If you have graphics software start with a page that is the size I mentioned above. That way when you save it as a .jpg it will fit perfectly and not be resized by Etsy to fit.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2008-07-06, 10:10am

thanks for all the help, what do ya think??? i am still making some small changes..

Old 2008-07-06, 12:13pm

Renee,

I think the main problem is that you have jpg artifacts from too much compression. That is what you are seeing as a disturbed area around the letters.

When you save it, go for a higher number with less compression. You will increase your load time, but the image will be sharper.

Steve