Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2014-09-29, 7:22pm

Default Mosaic Green - suggestions

I picked up some Moretti Mosaic Green and I'm having a very confusing time with it. I got one very pretty bead MG dots on either white or ivory (can't remember which base I used). On most everything else it seems to rapidly bleed or create a bunch of brown. I've seen other people's bead that look like malachite, but as a base color I get an almost black dark green.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Wayne
Old 2014-09-29, 8:08pm

You are not the first to ask. Click on this thread and is information (and links!) that you may find useful.

http://lampworketc.com/forums/showth...t=mosaic+green

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2014-09-29, 8:17pm

Sue, thank you so much!
Old 2014-09-29, 8:21pm

Glad to help. Someone else would have jumped in but I guess I saw your post first.

I love mosaic green. Then again, I also love EDP and Anice White... just sayin'! lol

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2014-10-09, 8:05pm

Ok, i read the post, been playing, read as much as I can find. I'm getting REALLY inconsistent results. Over a lot of colors it spreads like wildfire. It seems with sulfur colors it's a spread brown mess. The only color it seems to play well with is opaque sage green.

Any other suggestions? Thanks

Wayne
Old 2014-10-09, 8:16pm

I like to use it in twisties. Just a very thin stringer stripe is plenty so it bleeds out and feathers. Pretty nice on opal yellow.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-10-09, 8:45pm

Thanks for the suggestion, Rebecca. I did try it as a stringer with one of the purples (not EDP). On white it was very delicate/pastel-y. On ivory, some stayed green and some turned brown. looked almost like a layered stone. very masculine
Old 2014-10-10, 2:00pm

Sounds nice Wayne! You know you're going to have to take some pictures soon right? It's pretty much a requirement here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-10-10, 8:18pm

grumble grumble. so my test beads were very small. I made another stringer and some larger beads. the ivory looks better in person

Old 2014-10-11, 12:25am
Slogan Challenged...

I've got some but I've never played with it. You weren't kidding about the strong reactions.

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2014-10-11, 9:39am

Yeah Kristin, it borders on poisonous. on sulfur colors i've tried, not much and it seems cover and brown most of the bead. cooking it more doesn't seem to help.

this is mosaic on ivory (can't remember light or dark) with REALLY gentle heat. still started to brown

Old 2014-10-13, 1:20am

That's pretty cool! I wonder how it looks on CiM dirty martini - I think it should spread but not go brown on that.

|
|
|
|
Old 2014-10-13, 4:35am
Slogan Challenged...

That reaction should be useful for something, for sure.

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2014-10-13, 5:16am
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

I ADORE Mosaic Green, one of my all-time favorite colors, but I pretty much ONLY use it smashed into frit. It makes amazing leaves when you make a bead with a transparent green, roll in frit, then press with a leaf masher.

L-111

Old 2014-10-13, 1:10pm
wiz

Its magic with Copper Green.

Handblown Beads and Lampworking Tools --
Old 2014-10-13, 1:37pm
I like to melt things

I love using Mosaic Green in the stripes for my vine cane. I encase my cane, so it pretty much stays put under the encasement layer, and it is a nice, dark, dense green that doesn't disappear when I pull the cane out.

-
-
Old 2014-10-13, 2:25pm

Kalorlo, don't have CIM Dirty martini, but made some color test beads. Shawn you're right about copper green.

top left to right: some Moretti light green, light turquoise, copper green,
bottom left to right: sage green (opaque), silver pink, sunset.

pic doesn't do it justice. the copper is really deeply segmented and sunset has some wonderful pink/red streaking.

still a very strange color.

Old 2014-10-13, 2:26pm

And Melanie, SO love your blog!

Last edited by AlwaysLearning; 2014-10-13 at 2:36pm.
Old 2014-10-13, 3:47pm
I like to melt things

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysLearning View Post
And Melanie, SO love your blog!
Thanks so much! I love hearing that people find the information useful

-
-
Old 2014-10-13, 6:17pm
**Fuzzy Logic**

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysLearning View Post
grumble grumble. so my test beads were very small. I made another stringer and some larger beads. the ivory looks better in person

The ivory looks beautiful! I'm going to have to get some of the mosaic green to try! And thank you for posting the color combos. The copper green looks so promising.