Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2006-01-31, 9:52pm
Space Cadet

Default new web site critique

Hey everyone,
Not sure if I needed to put this somewhere else so if it needs to be moved, mods go right ahead.

I'm still in the process of adding items but this gives a general idea of where I'm going with the web site. I would love to hear what you think of it.

http://www.bloominbeads.com

Any and all feedback appreciated.

cheers
Sally
Old 2006-01-31, 9:55pm

Hi Sally, Love the header/logo, Love the color (I'm a lavander nut!) & Love your beads!

Only criticism from an old girl like me who's losing her eyesight is that the text is to teeny tiny for me. You want to keep the customers interest.

shari

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-01-31, 10:35pm
Space Cadet

Thanks Shari,
I'll get to work on the text tonight. I'm making changes as the suggestions come in but it's way easier if I leave it 'til after the kids are in bed. LOL.

Thanks again.

Sally
Old 2006-01-31, 11:45pm
Maria B @ Indone6ix

Its nice and organize, one thing I dont like is scrolling down to much. But overall the site is nice and organize and your beads are beautiful!

I like to make my own button for the links, example:
I can make the buttons for you if you are interested. Just PM me!

Old 2006-02-01, 1:00am
Life in MA is *wicked!*

Hi Sally!

Love your site - your beads are gorgeous!! My suggestions have to do with the text on your site as well. I agree that it is too small - and too "wispy" - not bold enough. You could probably use that same font, but make it bolder, right? Also, the page titles are hard to see - for example, it took me a minute to figure out how to navigate the site. How do I get to the page with the beads, you know?

I would make your categories - Focals, Sets, Jewlery, and Specials easier to see and distinguish. Perhaps make them into buttons? Also, the lettering for each item in the categories is hard to read as well. So, to sum up, I would just make your fonts bigger, bolder, easier to read. But wow - your beads are incredible!! Hope I was helpful!

Smiles,
Erika

Old 2006-02-01, 8:51am
Space Cadet

Thanks Edna and Erika,
I played around with font sizes tonight so I hope that's made it a little easier to see. Headings are now in bold and they do stand out more, just hope it's enough.
Thanks for the offer of the buttons Edna, but I tried a few styles last week and none of them seemed to look right. For me I guess it's one of those " I'll know it when I see it " type things. LOL.

So far I haven't even been able to get on a different monitor to have a look at it so I really appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Anyhoo, it's 3am and I'm off to bed. My DD has her first day of kindergarten tomorrow and I think I'm more nervous than she is. LOL.

Thanks again.

cheers
Sally
Old 2006-02-01, 9:15am
Sombody's Mom

Great start!! My only suggestion would be to make your bead pages 4 columns wide rather then 5 so people wont have to scroll to the right to see the last one.

Joce
Old 2006-02-01, 9:19am
Just Jamie

Very nice, inviting colors. Beautiful beads. I agree with the scrolling comment. I don't like to scroll and scroll to see everything. Maybe put such items as payment and shipping on their own page. And seperate the links, beads, sets, jewelry a little more. I thought they were all one link. Your individual pages with images are wonderful. Well set up and organized.

Jamie
Old 2006-02-03, 8:46pm
Space Cadet

Thanks Joce and Jamie,
Sorry I didn't respond to your comments sooner. I've been trying to figure out how to do the headings so I'd be happy with them. Still working on the scrolling issue with the home page but I think I've solved it with the focals. It's not quite right yet, just a few more tweaks, but I'm getting there.

Thanks again for the suggestions, I think the site is going to be much better for it.

cheers
Sally
Old 2006-03-26, 9:24am

I love it, can't think of anything I'd change.