LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2006-04-10, 9:27am
In search of her path....

Default Questions about Shows and Products Disclaimers...

Do you put a disclaimer with your beads that you sell at shows? Like not intended for small children, you are not responsible if the person that buys your bead gets cut, this type of thing?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Prints for sale in my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Old 2006-04-10, 11:45am

I have been using an insert with business cards in each bag for purchases. On one side there is a thank you, web address, custom order explanation if you do them, etc. Then on the other side I print a disclaimer. It is all on a 1/2 page letter sized color paper, so I fold the inserts in 1/2 with the disclaimer on the inside and the thank you on the outside. I didn't want to draw attention to the disclaimer, but still wanted to have one included. I am new at this show thing, so my way might be the wrong way. I am interested in what others do.

Good luck,
Lisa

Old 2006-04-10, 11:52am
In search of her path....

Thanks Lisa! Thats a good idea! Cant wait to hear what else others may do!

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2006-04-12, 9:03pm
a pox upon an idiot :..

I don't, in my opinion using a disclaimer, (well at least for jewelry), somehow makes your product sound kind of inferior, like you "expect" something to be wrong or that you've had problems in the past and you want to protect yourself. I have always had product liability insurance, but that was just because it was required by some shows. I've been doing shows since the middle 80's and never had a problem or new of any one that did. Now..... if you were selling something like handmade children's toys, I'd have my whole booth wallpapered with disclaimers! LOL
Edie
Old 2006-07-29, 1:52pm

I put a "caution: choking hazard/small parts, not for children under 5" line on the card stock I use for my childrens bracelets (but people buy them for babies/toddlers anyway). Everything I make has an "ingredients" list on it (required by law anyway), so that's just one more line--not like it adds a huge "warning, warning" sort of thing to it

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies