Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Calls for Entries, etc.

Calls for Entries, etc. -- Calls for Entries, Contests, Exhibits, etc.

Old 2009-05-29, 8:13am
Sparkle Strumpet

Default Lampwork Jewelry Contest

The contest is open.

Starting today and until there are 50 entrants who have followed the very few directions for entry, your pictures can be sent to

ContestEntries@LaurieByrneSmith.com

any information you need is available at

www.LaurieByrneSmith.com

I am so excited about this project. For years, I've wanted to showcase the beautiful jewelry that is created with our beads and other glass. It took a while to think of a contest, but I realized that it would be a fun way to show what do with our work.

The more jewelry designers who discover lampwork, the larger our markets becomes.... and how can that be bad? Plus I want to showcase artist made beads.

Please, go read the rules and guidelines and see how easy it it to enter....

Spread the word, too, please.....thanks!

Kindle Edition by Laurie Byrne-Smith
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-05-29, 8:29am
Etched Metal Rocks...

One entry per designer? It's so hard to choose...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-05-29, 9:17am
Sparkle Strumpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Joolz View Post
One entry per designer? It's so hard to choose...
there will be a total of five contests.....and they will be repeated if the first round is successful and fun....so, you will be able to enter a lot!

thanks!

Old 2009-05-30, 5:48am
Sparkle Strumpet

Entries are coming in....slower than I'd hoped, but they are coming in....

Please enter and enjoy the fun with us!

Old 2009-05-31, 6:20am
Sparkle Strumpet

25 entries! Wow...I'm happy...but would love 25 or 50 more! Please, keep them coming!

Old 2009-06-11, 5:34pm
Lavender Dawn

You're doing great!
Old 2009-06-11, 10:04pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Okay, looks like I missed the boat for this one...
I'll keep an eye out for your next contest

Old 2009-06-12, 11:23am
Etched Metal Rocks...

Rats...I missed the Necklace one. Too busy having fun in TN!

Old 2009-06-13, 2:52pm
Ruebennesqueness Queenie

damn, those are cool pics.
too bad I missed it.

Giving
a try!
Old 2009-06-15, 4:48pm
Lavender Dawn

When will you stop voting and 'declare' a winner?
Old 2009-07-06, 4:54pm
Lavender Dawn

Hmmm, what is going on with this contest? Just curious.
Old 2009-07-06, 5:12pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I think Laura Bracken won both the bracelet and the necklace contests... not sure, but just from looking at the way the pages are set up...

Old 2009-07-07, 6:02am
Lavender Dawn

oh, ok - congrats to Laura - cool. Strange that the voting is still open though.
Old 2009-07-10, 11:34am

I was thinking it fizzled, since the necklaces never went to a semi-final like the bracelets and it doesn't look like votes have registered in a long time, no winner on the winner pages...nothing..I think she must have abandoned the competition for some reason after the bracelets, and before anything was completed on the necklace competition. The additional competitions she had announced earlier never materialized either. Maybe she didn't have enough traffic to make it worthwhile or just lost interest? Got sick...had an emergency?

Rickie

Last edited by rickie; 2009-07-10 at 3:49pm.
Old 2009-07-10, 2:29pm
Lavender Dawn

Thanks Rickie - that must be the case. Darn - I was in the lead, I think. Bummer.
Old 2009-10-12, 8:50pm

Too bad this fell though! I sent in some entries, but too late I guess. Wish someone would do something like this for real! It would be so much fun!

Old 2009-10-13, 5:37pm
Lavender Dawn

Sad that it didn't pan out.