Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2009-07-27, 10:43am
And silence is golden

Default Striker Yellow

I have one old rod of an Effetre/Moretti "striker yellow" in my stash that appears to be extinct these days. It starts out as a transparent "very lemony" yellow and then strikes into a beautiful semi-opaque yellow. It's just one of those colors that was probably meant to strike to a transparent bright yellow, but I get mine to go semi-op, and I love it.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

As I shop around for this color, I get suggestions to purchase Electric Yellow 069. That one just strikes to the bright "transparent" yellow. Not what I'm looking for. Directing me to a vendor who can supply this color would be greatly appreciated!

Aleta

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Shrimp; 2009-07-27 at 10:59am.
Old 2009-07-27, 10:58am
SCIENCE Teacher!

It looks like an older batch. I am in process of moving or I would offer to trade some. You might just ask in the garage sale section.
Old 2009-07-27, 11:14am
And silence is golden

Is anybody familiar with this one: 1978 Striking Transparent Green. Strikes to neon yellow.
Old 2009-07-27, 11:19am
And silence is golden

I'm going to wait until I see if the glass might be available through one of the vendors. If it isn't, then I may post in the Garage Sale. Good suggestion Robin.
Old 2009-07-27, 11:42am
One Crazy Mama

in rod form does it have a faint line of yellow running down the center? i loved that color and do believe that I have some. It is really really old though...good luck finding some! that is a pretty color!

i have some of the green and i personally think it stinks. don't care for it at all, if you want a rod or half rod o try out let me know and I will send it to you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-07-27, 3:13pm
Bracelet Ho

978 is an odd lot Vetrofond called Crystal Green. There were two batches, one struck a neon yellow and the other tried to. 978 Crystal Green is still available at Frantz and lots of vendors but I think you will just have to ask if it is the first batch that strikes. It was not an expensive color and was actually around 60% off at Frantz for quite awhile. I don't have any left otherwise I would have sent it to you. Hope this helps.

Old 2009-07-27, 3:18pm
Bracelet Ho

Going back to your yellow, I have used Vetrofond odd lot 910 Transluscent Yellow. It appears transparent on the rod but when struck in the flame will go an opaque. Could this be what you have? It was also an inexpensive easily available color that you will probably still be able to get.

Old 2009-07-27, 6:43pm
And silence is golden

Quote:
In rod form does it have a faint line of yellow running down the center?"
Hi Sondra - There is no line running through the center of the rod. It's just a plain transparent yellow glass.

Quote:
978 is an odd lot Vetrofond called Crystal Green.
Hi Miss G - I have the Vetrofond Crystal Green 988. I haven't tried it yet, but I do believe that it is just a pale green transparent. I also have the Vetrofond Translucent Yellow 910. It doesn't quite have the same result as this yellow.

Years ago, I got on a yellow kick and made all of my "Blazing Bananas" bead sets out of it. They were a good selling item at the time. Needless to say, I went through almost all of that yellow. It even melts into beautiful donut shapes with ease.

Last edited by Shrimp; 2009-07-27 at 6:45pm.
Old 2009-07-27, 9:55pm
And silence is golden

After doing lots of research on this, I found that it could possibly be Electric Yellow 069, Translucent Yellow 409 or Transparent Yellow Moretti. In order to get the translucent effect that I am after, the glass needs to be super heated.
Old 2009-07-28, 11:13am
Bracelet Ho

Quote:
Hi Sondra - There is no line running through the center of the rod. It's just a plain transparent yellow glass.

Hi Miss G - I have the Vetrofond Crystal Green 988. I haven't tried it yet, but I do believe that it is just a pale green transparent. I also have the Vetrofond Translucent Yellow 910. It doesn't quite have the same result as this yellow.
Aleta, the 988 is the 2nd batch of Crystal Green, but the 978 is the one that strikes the neon yellow. Moretti 409 does go opaque for me also but it is much harder to find now. I rarely use 069 so I don't know if it goes more opaque.
Carol

Old 2009-07-28, 11:35am
I speak Murrini!

Aleta~

I love that color too! I've had some sitting around for several years (like 3, but it was old when I bought it) - it does the opaque thing too, like you mentioned, and I think you're on track with looking for the "Striking Yellow"...it's just quite an older version. I finally made a few beads with it a couple weeks ago - here's how they went "opaque":

And with lots of Goldstone Frit in there, too:

Hope you find what you're looking for!

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2009-07-28, 12:09pm
And silence is golden

Oh De that is so pretty!
Old 2009-08-03, 12:46pm
Frit frit and more frit!

Reichenbach's mystic yellow has that transparent/opaque thing going on...
Old 2009-08-10, 10:04pm
And silence is golden

Thanks Sam. I'll have to find a vendor that carries it now.

Quote:
Reichenbach's mystic yellow has that transparent/opaque thing going on...