Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2008-10-08, 9:24am
Mary Lockwood

Thanks, Annie!

Lynn, have fun with the jellyfish tutorial. Yep...I'd be lost without my color wheel, at least in the beginning. You do learn it though, as you go and don't have to rely on tools as much. They are a nice thing to have when you don't know where to start.

Even now, I get stuck in a rut. I noticed one time when I clicked on my etsy shop EVERY single thing in it was a combination of blue and green. Sighs. LOL That is when I pull out the color wheel again and start looking for something fresh.

~~Mary

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-10-08, 9:42am

very cool Mary. I've been making these for a couple of weeks in both boro and soft glass because I wanted to have all kinds for every bead I could think of. They are a bit addictive...

Again, great tutorial Mary. Thank you so much for your contributions!

Old 2008-10-12, 4:57pm

Hey Mary! This is the first time I've seen this. Yippee! I was thinking of you and your bead stands the other day, when an acquaintance of mine was trying to take a picture of my bead and it kept rolling around. I told him I needed to make a bead stand, out of glass. I didn't tell him I didn't know how. LOL!

I'm just getting comfortable manipulating glass and working outside of the bead on a mandrel "box". It's so much fun I can't wait to try this. I'm SO glad you decided to do this tutorial even if it seemed easy enough to you, because it really didn't for me.

I see you have the cane recipes for sale too. You can bet I'll be buying that tutorial also.
Thanks a bunch!
Angela

Old 2008-10-13, 7:21am
Mary Lockwood

Hi Angela!

You were one of the major reasons I made this tutorial! Sorry it took ya so long to find it...if I had known you didn't see it I would have PM'd ya!

Good luck with it...hope you have fun making them. They really come in handy.

~~Mary

Old 2008-10-13, 5:27pm
Step away from the bubble

Thank you so much!! I did one of these today :0)
Ileana

Old 2008-10-14, 8:24am
Celebrating Passion

hey, I make those too!
I love how they look so elegant with the beads.
And, I can get ge the beads to be parallel with my camera; it picks the bead up just enough. I use boro for the stands.
Cool!

Old 2008-10-14, 1:52pm
Ad astra per aspera

Thank you, Mary! You're so generous with your tut's, it's really wonderful of you!

Old 2008-10-21, 1:29pm

oops. sorry. I didn't realize I already posted. I know...my brain is not working quite right. LOL

Old 2008-10-21, 8:35pm
Mary Lockwood

That's ok, Rachel. Mine isn't so hot either so we match.

Old 2008-12-31, 1:11pm
reaction junkie

Oh, I made one of these by accident once, and then recently when my beads started getting larger, it started tipping over, so I made a flat pancake out of poly clay, stuck my stand in it, baked it, and now it works great again! Here is a quick shot of it, nothing special, but it works!

/
/
/
Old 2008-12-31, 10:35pm
Mary Lockwood

Pam, that is totally excellent. I am all of a sudden imagining little clay scenes with the glass post up the center almost like little dioramas to display beads.

There could be aquatic reefy ones for fish beads, some foresty ones for frogs, mushrooms or even birds.

Awesome! Yours starts out as practical but could really go crazy!

Thanks for sharing that. I love to mix different materials together. You can use the best attributes of each medium.

~~Mary

Old 2009-01-01, 9:49am

Mary, Thank you very much for a great tutorial!! I really need a good way to photograph my beads and Viola! I find your post.
Thanks
Old 2009-01-01, 10:12am
reaction junkie

Mary, yes! You could make a whole diorama for each style of beads! LOL, how fun

/
/
/
Old 2014-05-19, 7:49am
Lifelong Student

Any way the link to this tutorial could be refreshed? I have been wanting to make done if these
Old 2014-05-19, 8:01am
Loving learning

http://marylockwood.com/yahoo_site_a...al.8123521.pdf
Old 2014-05-19, 8:32am
Lifelong Student

Thanks Eileen