Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2011-02-04, 1:33pm
Professional Troublemaker

Default Lori & Kim's Murrini ROCKS MY WORLD!

I just got my newest package of Lori & Kim's murrini, and sat there looking at all those lovely, colorful little chips of glass with the amazing patterns on them!!! I thought, Wow! I have got to tell someone! I have always loved their murrini, but they just keep getting better and better! (I should know - I have QUITE the collection!)

I love that they have a wonderful color sense, and each new series is slightly different, but a lovely combination of colors that always work well together.

I love how crisp the detail is in each of their shape/ pattern murrini - hearts, turtles, checkerboards, etc.

I think I am most in awe because I've tried my hand at murrini making, and it's HARD! I always end up with muddy colors that just end up looking wrong together, and really wonky patterns.

Just had to give a shout out to Lori & Kim. You gals make wonderful murrini! Now, stop making new series so often.... you know I can't resist, and there are bills to pay! (Just kidding - go ahead - make more!)

Schermo
(Not related to, employed by, or sleeping with Lori & Kim. Just a very happy little murrini collector!!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-02-04, 7:39pm

Isn't it the best! I love it too.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2011-02-05, 11:38am
Certified Glassaholic!

And....their murrini make fantastic cabs!!!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Yee

Old 2011-02-07, 1:41am

I've said it before and I'll say it again- THEY ARE DAMNED ENABLERS. I like to think of them as the crack dealers of the murrini world. You start out just getting a bag and then, before you know it, every newsletter costs a fortune because you 'just have to have a few of that one'. Yes, that's right, you start out just buying one of a pattern, then you get anxious.....what if I run out....I'd better get 2........or 3......at least... of this pattern.
I take comfort in the fact having trillions of murrini is far more healthy than getting a crack habit (but possibly not cheaper!)

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)

Old 2011-02-07, 2:27am
Happy Beadmaker!

I agree, Lori&Kim collaborations are always so happy & harmonious & eversofun!!!!

~
~
~
Old 2011-02-07, 6:22am

Alas, I seem to have a murrini impairment. I have drooled over Lori&kim's etsy shop many times (last night being the most recent) and even ordered a small sampling but using them is a disaster. The backgrounds I use never seem to compliment the murrini of choice. I smear them. They look too big or out of place to the bead. I love to look at other artists use of murrini but for now I'm on the sidelines of the murrini world.

"People can be the wind beneath your wings or the anchor on your boat" John Maxwell
Old 2011-02-10, 9:59pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

A
thanks you guys! I just feel so lucky!!! Schermo, my love, you are such a sweetheart! Thank you so much. But, remember, there was that one time...at band camp...
!

Donna, I will PM you and we will either get you on the way to murrini success or we will refund your order.

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2011-02-12, 6:49pm

Lori I got your pm but I wanted to say here publicly that I in no way meant to imply that I was unhappy with your murrini and wanted a refund. It was strictly user error. I read the JetAge tutorial you sent and figured out I am using too much heat, too much pressure and I need to slow down.

"People can be the wind beneath your wings or the anchor on your boat" John Maxwell
Old 2011-02-12, 8:26pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

I'm so glad Renee's tutorial helped you! I think it really covers the subject well and is just beautiful to look at, too. I hope you will give murrini another try (mostly because we need more murrini addicts.
)

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2011-02-14, 12:29pm
reaction junkie

Pure crack, those little round colorful pieces of joy are! So pretty I almost can't bring myself to use them most of the time.

Yee, how do you get it so big?

/
/
/
Old 2011-02-15, 12:43am
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Thank you Pam!

We make the fused glass murrini cabs out of the murrini ends.

*f

Old 2011-02-15, 8:43am
Certified Glassaholic!

I love those murrini ends!! I'm hoarding...like I know I should make something out of all the cabs I have but they're so gorgeous just to ogle

Old 2011-02-15, 12:18pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

I LOVE that ring, Yee!

*f

Old 2011-02-17, 8:04pm

I received my package of frit today and CANNOT WAIT until the weekend to torch! The colors are absolutely yummy! Thanks ladies!

Old 2011-03-01, 8:26pm
Forever P~P~P :0)

I totally agree. Each blend of murrini's are little works of art!! Excellent customer service.

Sandy
No hurry ~ no worries ~ unless its hot & drippy..!

Hot Head & big BBQ tank of propane!

awesome banner by Knatty Dreadz!! WE MISS YOU!

Last edited by sansan239s; 2011-03-01 at 8:27pm. Reason: needed to add
Old 2011-03-07, 6:31am
Certified Glassaholic!

Here's another ring with a Lori & Kim cab

-Yee

Old 2011-03-07, 8:24pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Ooooh, love that one, too, Yee!!! Your silver work is wonderful!

*f

Old 2011-03-31, 11:03am

I have to agree! I just got my order today and I can't wait to play with it. The colors are amazing!
Old 2011-03-31, 11:35am

Quote:
I have always loved their murrini, but they just keep getting better and better! (I should know - I have QUITE the collection!)
I know this to be a fact!

Although I haven't ordered any in awhile (but will soon again) I too love their murrini.

Hello, my name is Erin and I'm a Lori & Kim murrini addict.....
Old 2011-03-31, 4:35pm
Ad astra per aspera

I'm addicted, too! I'm so glad I'm finally getting good enough to be worthy of their little masterpieces.

Old 2011-04-02, 5:10am
Heal with Steel

I am a recent addict! I love Lori and Kim murrini, so full of fun, bright colors. Every time I play with them they make me smile ;o)
Old 2011-04-03, 9:08pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Thank you all so much! I was having a bummer of a day and you totally made me feel better.

*f

Old 2011-04-03, 9:15pm

I'm totally in love with the rose murrini. Love, I tell you.

Love love love love....

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2011-05-08, 11:01am
Certified Glassaholic!

Another ring with Lori's fabulous cabs!!!

Old 2011-05-08, 4:31pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Ooooooh so pretty, Yee!!!

*f

Old 2011-05-13, 10:26am

I just got (yet) another shipment of murrini from these lovely ladies. I just can't get enough...it's so cute and colorful. I adore it!

Can't wait to see what's next, it just keeps getting better and better!
Old 2011-05-13, 11:39am
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Thank you so much Dena!!!

*f

Old 2011-05-23, 5:44pm

So I think I also have a new addiction, "Lori and Kims Murrini"
I find myself just ogling on there website everyday looking at murrini mixes over and over and then I'll order a few. Get them in the mail 2 days later and I find myself back on there site the next day trying to figure out which ones to buy now. I should just get them all at once but for some reason I like getting little packages beautifully wrapped in a cute little striped bags. I guess what I'm trying to say is Lori and kims murrini rocks my world too!
Old 2011-05-23, 5:54pm

Don't forget to check their Etsy, too.

It's wickedly fun, even before you melt it.

~:
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2011-05-23, 7:12pm

Lori and Kim are Crackini artists, for sure! Love it!!

leebeads.etsy.com, leebeads.artfire.com