Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Sale Rack

Sale Rack -- Sales, Promotions, Giveaways, Specials, Etc.
Only LE Vendors may start threads, but anyone may reply.

Old 2018-01-30, 7:57am

Default Copper Greens available, no shortage

Over the past few days we have gotten a larger amount of orders for 591219 Copper Green and 591229 Red Copper Green.

We were told that there was a story going around where these two colors might no longer be available. We received word from Effetre that there is no shortage of these two colors.

If there is ever a shortage of any colors from Effetre, we will be the first to let you know.

My question is if you heard this "Fake Glass News" about shortages of these colors, I would like to know where this story originated from.

Mike Frantz

Frantz Art Glass Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Torch Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2018-01-30, 12:00pm

Thank you Mike for the clarification. I figured you would know. I first saw this rumor in the Facebook group "Lampwork Tips, Techniques and Questions" that started with a member, having just been to Hot Glass Color in Seattle, and she had understood that they weren't going to carry 104 anymore and that most of the manufacturers had stopped making it. I understand that it's true that HGC isn't going to carry 104 anymore, but the other part isn't true, correct (aside from most colors from Vetrofond)? I'm sure we would have heard about it from reliable sources like you!

See you at Glasscraft, and at the shop. I'm moving to southern Washington and can visit more often!

My Facebook business page:

GTT Bobcat or Carlisle Lucio on an Integra 10
(and sometimes I pull out my HotHead!)
Old 2018-01-30, 1:26pm
Slogan Challenged...

So Mike, what about Striped pink & Sedona? Those colors were also mentioned. Are those still in production, pls? Thanks for being our go-to glass guy
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2018-01-31, 8:09am

Default Effetre Handpulled Colors are Available

I was contacted by the production manager at Effetre and was told that if any color is going out of production, I will be one of the first to hear about it.

And you can be sure that if they tell me something like that, I will pass that on to everyone.

Effetre continues to produce Copper Green, Sedona and Striped Pink.

At Frantz Art Glass we have all of the above for sale, no need to rush and buy some (but I would be ok with that).

Mike Frantz

The Torch Website:

Old 2018-01-31, 11:19am
Slogan Challenged...

Thank you Mike, that is a relief. I hated how the EDP thing snuck up on us.

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2018-02-01, 7:25am

Default Edp 591254

I just wanted to update everyone on the status of Effetre producing 591254 once again. I am told by Effetre that they are very close to offering this color once again.

I have an order with them that as soon as they have produced the new 591254 to airfreight it to me.

I will be ready to offer this color once again very soon.

Mike

The Torch Website:

Old 2018-02-03, 2:16pm

Default Fuxia, Sedona and Striped Pink

Fuxia 591254 is used to make Sedona and Striped Pink, thus these three colors are not being produced presently, but no need to worry, we have hundreds of pounds of Sedona and Striped Pink, but none of the 254, but....

As soon as Effetre can make a 254, they will airfreight me in enough to take care of everyone's needs.

On to other things....

As I clean up my office and other areas I am gathering misc. glass to sort into 4 piles:

1. Price and Pack for Vegas
2. Price and Pack for Mini Bash
3. Price and put out into our store on our $5 per bundle tables
4. Toss into Trash

And while cleaning I found a few pounds of EDP254 in 3 to 4mm.
I also have some in 5-6mm and still a large amount of 11-14mm. I also have some that are the end pulls.

The problem is I do not have enough to put on line, I might have 5 or 6 pounds.

I will have EDP for sale in Vegas and at the Mini Bash at Frantz.

And there will be limits (only on the 254)

Mike

The Torch Website:

Old 2018-02-03, 5:51pm

...trash glass? Be still my beading heart...

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2018-02-03, 9:26pm
Loving learning

I also heard that all the greens will be out of production. Can I take it that it is also just a rumor?
Old 2018-02-04, 10:32am

Default Where have all the Green Glass Gone?

Quote:
I also heard that all the greens will be out of production. Can I take it that it is also just a rumor?
This is just a subversive plan by one of the other glass manufacture's to move lampworkers off coe 104 and move to their coe.

The first I heard of this was on Fax News, just another case of FAKE GLASS NEWS!

COE104 glass is stronger than ever!

The Torch Website:

Old 2018-02-04, 2:00pm

Default Trash Glass Poem

Quote:
...trash glass? Be still my beading heart...
If shipping were free
I would send you a ton
Glass that has issues
Will not be fun

Mike Frantz

The Torch Website:

Old 2018-02-04, 2:11pm
Loving learning

Exciting and fun, just not productive maybe
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2018-02-12, 2:33am
and your little dog too

Quote:
Fuxia 591254 is used to make Sedona and Striped Pink, thus these three colors are not being produced presently, but no need to worry, we have hundreds of pounds of Sedona and Striped Pink, but none of the 254, but....

As soon as Effetre can make a 254, they will airfreight me in enough to take care of everyone's needs.

On to other things....

As I clean up my office and other areas I am gathering misc. glass to sort into 4 piles:

1. Price and Pack for Vegas
2. Price and Pack for Mini Bash
3. Price and put out into our store on our $5 per bundle tables
4. Toss into Trash

And while cleaning I found a few pounds of EDP254 in 3 to 4mm.
I also have some in 5-6mm and still a large amount of 11-14mm. I also have some that are the end pulls.

The problem is I do not have enough to put on line, I might have 5 or 6 pounds.

I will have EDP for sale in Vegas and at the Mini Bash at Frantz.

And there will be limits (only on the 254)

Mike
is it also used to make calico and mou? They're close to sedona, just not the pink tone of sedona, I'm guessing no, just curious.

Old 2018-02-13, 10:36pm

Mike will the formula be the same or slightly different?

Thanks
Caroline
Old 2018-02-14, 4:07pm

Ordered some... Just in case... Glad it will hang around
Old 2018-02-14, 8:24pm

Quote:
Mike will the formula be the same or slightly different?

Thanks
Caroline

I am not a chemist, but one of the products used in the production is no longer allowed, so a substitution is required.

I think in the next week or two we are going to offer on our website single sticks of EDP254. I only have 60 pieces, they are about 3 to 4mm in diameter and about 13 inches long.

On a brighter note there is over a dozen new colors soon from Creation is Messy. I am hoping they arrive just in time to ship to Vegas, if not I will be shipping my clothes to Vegas and packing the glass on the flight.

MIKE

The Torch Website:

Old 2018-04-03, 6:49pm

Originally Posted by Eileen

Originally Posted by Mike Frantz
This is just a subversive plan by one of the other glass manufacture's to move lampworkers off coe 104 and move to their coe.

The first I heard of this was on Fax News, just another case of FAKE GLASS NEWS!

COE104 glass is stronger than ever!

could the green glass rumor be based on the emission problems Bullseye was having which caused them to not be able to make chromium-containing green glass until they upgraded their bag houses? From what I hear, the upgrades are done, they have been inspected and certified and back to making glass

would be stupid to get rid of CoE104 glass...it's the gateway to lampworking....

Last edited by DPete1104; 2018-04-03 at 6:52pm.
Old 2018-04-06, 11:51am

Quote:
If shipping were free
I would send you a ton
Glass that has issues
Will not be fun

Mike Frantz
Catch my breath, a literal ton?
The lottery I would have won,
With issues or not,
I'd melt it like it's hot.

~:
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2018-04-08, 9:08pm

Was the free stick of 251 offered at the gathering the 'new' edp, or are they getting closer? While that is a very pretty pink, it just isn't edp!
Old 2018-04-08, 9:15pm
Loving learning

Oooo, you made me go look it up, and it is a new pink, not yet in production sounds like.
I hope they do it though.
Old 2018-04-08, 9:18pm

It was mentioned that it was an attempt to remelt edp.
Old 2018-04-09, 3:05pm
Loving learning

Interesting!
Old 2018-04-11, 7:41am

Hello everyone, the sample Frantz Art Glass was giving away in Las Vegas was an attempt to make EDP. It is not EDP, but a new pink. If lampworkers like this new pink 591251, we will order more.

Mike F.

The Torch Website: