No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-03-02, 1:01pm
Chrissy

Unhappy Bummed...

I guess I am just being impatient, but I really feel like I am being put off. I ordered my oxycon almost 2 weeks ago! Ulimited told me he would have it out in no time and now he is telling me that he wont have it out till the end of this week. He just told me that last week!!!!! We had so problems with him and his credit card machine or something... Someone had bought so stuff from him fraudulently(spelling??) and the bank is holding all payments of that machine. He said he would still honor it, but the longer time passes the more I start to feel like im being screwed! I paid my money, and im really sorry what happened to him, but I need my oxycon! Any advice??
Old 2009-03-02, 1:23pm
Fancy Mammal

Ask him if he can cancel your first payment and do a second one now? Not sure the bank can work with that, but worth a try.
Old 2009-03-02, 1:31pm
Chrissy

I paid in full and supposidly the bank took it! From the fraud! Thats why he said he would honor it... But still no machine!
Old 2009-03-02, 6:54pm
In spite of it all!

I hate paying in full when I don't have an expensive item I ordered. I do have to say though that Jack is a top notch guy and I am sure if you call him and ask him to figure this out with you he will. (I am assuming you spoke with Jack)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us. ~ Stephen Covey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-03-02, 7:19pm
Critter Mom

Usually when I buy something using a CC they don't bill my card till the item is ready to ship. I'd check my on-line statement, look at any items that are pending, and if the charge is on my card then I'd be on the phone. If it takes more than a couple of days after the purchase is charged to my account for them to ship it out then I get nervous. You can always dispute a charge and have it removed if you didn't receive the item, but it sure is frustrating.

Old 2009-03-02, 8:50pm

call him, hes been pretty honest with me
Old 2009-03-02, 10:36pm
Chrissy

Thanks guys! I just thought that item would be shipped since my card got charged a week ago! He seems like a really nice guy, but I have known plenty of "nice guys" I hope this gutt feeling is wrong. It really sucks thought cuz I have been waiting like a kid for a new toy for 2 weeks! Now I have to wait another one before it even ships! I wanna play with my new toys!
Old 2009-03-02, 10:38pm
Chrissy

Setting up my first studio! Lisi has been teaching me at her house with her hh! I ordered a hotpink cricket from gtt and a paragon fusion from clay king. I have glass and tools and everything you could need! All I need is O2!
Old 2009-03-02, 10:45pm
Chrissy

Goodnight everyone! GTG to bed...
Old 2009-03-07, 8:57pm
Flamewoman

Hey Chrissy ~
Did you resolve this? Get your money back? Keep us posted.

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2009-03-07, 9:23pm
Chrissy

I talked to Jewel on thursday about it. Jewel works for him I guess. She was such a sweetheart and understanding. She swore he was gonna have it out friday. Another reliable source told me that he was a good guy, he just takes a while sometimes, he used to sell his machines...
Old 2009-03-07, 9:24pm
Chrissy

The unnamed source used to sell his machines that is.

I hope he is right because I am having serious flame withdrawl!!!!!!
Old 2009-03-07, 9:30pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyGlass View Post
I talked to Jewel on thursday about it. Jewel works for him I guess. She was such a sweetheart and understanding. She swore he was gonna have it out friday. Another reliable source told me that he was a good guy, he just takes a while sometimes, he used to sell his machines...
Jewel is Jack's sister. And yes, they are all good people

Malcolm

Email:

Phone:+1.408.288.7978
Old 2009-03-07, 9:34pm
Chrissy

They seem really great on the phone. I am really glad to hear it. This world is running short of really great people.

You all have been great too keeping me busy while I have sat here for the last 3 weeks with no fire!!
Old 2009-03-07, 9:43pm
Chrissy

Im exausted! I will chat with you all tomorrow! Goodnight....
Old 2009-03-09, 2:56am
one day at a time

Hey everybody, I'm just as impatiently waiting for Chrissy to get her stuff about as much as she is! LOL!!! Even though it's been more than 5 years since I was new and getting all the big goodies in the mail, I still remember that excitement, and yep, this brings me back to that!

We're going to have so much fun!

I never thought this would happen to me, but my very first nearby glass buddy is right around the corner from my house! All these years I complained about not knowing a single soul around who worked hot glass.
Old 2009-03-09, 5:45pm
Chrissy

Still no O2!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is almost like glass rehab! And I didn't want to quit!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2009-03-11, 6:59pm
Chrissy

For those of you wondering.... I am still WAITING!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2009-03-11, 7:27pm
Happiness is....

cmon Jack!!!! chanting, ship it.. ship it..ship it today!!!

A Crickett and 2 5lp oxycons
Old 2009-03-11, 11:43pm
I need more boro stuff

Maybe you should post this in customer kiosk area so he can see it? Just a suggestion if you haven't done it already.

Old 2009-03-11, 11:50pm

By the end of the week there will be post about this! I'll pretty much guarantee it!

Old 2009-03-12, 8:54am
Chrissy

I am sure... I talked to him... Tried to weed through the shit! He seems really nice a genuine. He just needs to be straight with people. Don't tell someone it will be out in a week if its gonna take a month! I would have paid a little extra and got it from someone else.
Old 2009-03-12, 1:59pm
Chrissy

And the count begins!!! Day 24 no O2. I am about to make my own
"wilson" ball!
Old 2009-03-12, 2:14pm

File a claim! I had to

Old 2009-03-12, 4:23pm
Chrissy

I hate filing claims...
Old 2009-03-12, 4:35pm

I would ask for my money back ASAP and find another vendor who will actually send you an oxycon in a timely manner. When I was setting up my studio I had to do this with my kiln order, after waiting and waiting and being told next week one to many times I demanded a refund. That very day I ordered a kiln from a different vendor and had it within a week.

I don't understand how vendors get away with this kind of crap, yeah they may be nice people but their business practices are anything but nice! If it's going to take a month or more say so up front and DONT charge for it until it actually ships.

I'm sorry this happened to you....get your money back!

Old 2009-03-14, 7:40am
Flamewoman

Quote:
I hate filing claims...
Hate to file claims? Ok then....send me some money, & I won't send you back anything in return. I could use some "money for nothin' & checks for free" lol.
The longer you wait, the harder it will be to recover your loss. Usually it's 30 days, you're getting close. And by the way, sometimes people will tell you what they think you want to hear, and not necessarily the truth. "Nice" people do nice things. And they don't have to be pressured into doing what is right either. It's not right to take someone's money and not deliver as promised.

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2009-03-14, 7:50am
Glass n00b

Oh man... I was so hopeful to see this had resolved itself for all involved. I'm sorry you are still waiting.

Just make sure it's not a manufacturer issue, something the seller had no control over (but should have told you up front), as if you order from someone else, you may be waiting for a while too.....
Old 2009-03-14, 4:02pm

Quote:
I hate filing claims...
Hi Chrissy, Im sorry. I had no idea it would take this long for me to get money in. Your unit has been done but I have had problems coming up with shipping money. I did get a check today so I will be shipping units on Monday. I am going to refund you 100.00 for the wait. I know it dont make up for the wait but my way of saying Im sorry. jack

866-955-0200
3 year warranty & Life Time Support
PayPal address
Old 2009-03-14, 4:07pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elleth View Post
I would ask for my money back ASAP and find another vendor who will actually send you an oxycon in a timely manner. When I was setting up my studio I had to do this with my kiln order, after waiting and waiting and being told next week one to many times I demanded a refund. That very day I ordered a kiln from a different vendor and had it within a week.

I don't understand how vendors get away with this kind of crap, yeah they may be nice people but their business practices are anything but nice! If it's going to take a month or more say so up front and DONT charge for it until it actually ships.

I'm sorry this happened to you....get your money back!
That is a practice I want to get in to. Not charging till the item actually ships. Only thing is, right now I use the payment to build the unit when it is ordered. When I get ahead, I will have units in stock and there will be no wait. I am very sorry for my slow operations. jack

866-955-0200
3 year warranty & Life Time Support
PayPal address