LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-02-28, 3:09pm
1 Martini Shy of Nirvana!

Default Creation Station - who makes them???

I am opening a teaching/retail studio and I hear everybody raving about them. I have not tried them yet but I think I want to outfit the studio torches with them.

Any thoughts?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-02-28, 3:43pm
moth to the flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobiebeads
I am opening a teaching/retail studio and I hear everybody raving about them. I have not tried them yet but I think I want to outfit the studio torches with them.

Any thoughts?
I know Moilly @ Hetitage Glass has them. Maybe she could steer you in the right direction. She teaches too.
Her email is
molly@heritageglass.com
HTH

May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care.
Old 2006-02-28, 3:45pm
Covered in glitter

I use them at Mari's and it's great!

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2006-02-28, 3:46pm

Those are those arm rests right? Not to take any buisness away from the makers of the creation station but I know she makes a different kind here...

http://www.emeraldartistry.com/TheTo...eIndex_asp.asp

The Creation station looks great but the way my table is set up I my not have room for that type of set up... These are portable.
Old 2006-02-28, 3:48pm

Hey Michelle!!!!!! When are you coming for a visit again?????? Hey Jim at Blue Moon Glass in Austin is a distributor!

http://www.austinbluemoon.com/

take care,
Andrea

Old 2006-02-28, 4:20pm
1 Martini Shy of Nirvana!

Thanks everybody! Andrea I was coming down this past weekend but I bought a house. When is Lisa teaching??? Thanks I will contact Jim!

Old 2006-02-28, 4:44pm

We haven't set the date yet........ i will let you know as soon as i do!!!!!!!!!

andrea

Old 2006-02-28, 5:19pm
Detail G-Mama!

Yep, contact Jim and he can set you up!!!

Old 2006-02-28, 8:23pm
Dichro Addict

And there is a new Creation~Station called the "Butterfly". All the same features of the original, plus now stainless steel top, portable, lightweight, can easily be attached with a clamp (or screws), and folds small enough to fit into a briefcase. Weighs less than 5# to save on shipping cost. Ask Jim at Blue Moon about'em.
Vicki

Old 2006-03-01, 5:50am

Vicki Harrison (Art Card Number 31) is the one who created the creation station.
www.victoriagail.com

Ron Jr.
Old 2006-03-01, 9:27am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparklelover
And there is a new Creation~Station called the "Butterfly". All the same features of the original, plus now stainless steel top, portable, lightweight, can easily be attached with a clamp (or screws), and folds small enough to fit into a briefcase. Weighs less than 5# to save on shipping cost. Ask Jim at Blue Moon about'em.
Vicki
Would love to see a picture of the "Butterfly"
Old 2006-03-01, 10:24am

I am so excited that I re-read this post today. I was in Pam Dugger's class at Southern Flames in Atlanta and she had one of the "Butterfly" Creation Stations. I fell in love with it and have been trying to find out how to order one. I saw this post...called Blue Moon...and now my "butterfly" is on the way to me.
Happy! Happy!
Kim
Old 2006-03-04, 7:21am

There is a picture of it right here: http://www.austinbluemoon.com/cstation.html

Good product! Outstanding design. Excellent quality. If your shoulders, upper arms, and back are getting fatigued, this is just the ticket! You will become a believer very quickly.

Few suggestions:
-- Lean your elbows on the 'wings', but that's all. They are attached only at the pivot points. They will not bear much weight.
-- Mine came with these thin black foam triangular elbow pads on the wings. The instant a small hot shard of glass hits one, the shard melts itself on and becomes a little tiny razor, just waiting for your bare elbow to come within striking distance. Same thing with the rubber/plastic foam pads on the wrist rests. Hot glass adheres instantly. In reality, however, I’m not sure what other material they could have selected. Does anyone have any idea as to what would be as comfortable but wouldn’t melt so readily? I guess the leather is a good choice.
-- The whole set-up is supposed to be bolted onto your table top. Four bolt holes are provided in the central stainless steel-covered section, as you can see in the pic. But if you have a ceramic-tiled table top or a metal table, drilling the appropriate holes will be a project. You can use big strong C-clamps, placed just inside the wings (and use one of them to get the gas hoses out of your lap), but this is not nearly as structurally sound as using the four bolt holes. You will trade some stability for ease of set-up.

JanMD
Old 2006-03-04, 8:04am
Detail G-Mama!

That picture is not a picture of the Butterfly. Hopefully Vicki can get a pic of it up here!

Old 2006-03-04, 1:07pm
Dichro Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne Ricketts
That picture is not a picture of the Butterfly. Hopefully Vicki can get a pic of it up here!
Here it is.

Can be easily clamped with a 2" c-clamp to the table (see clamp curved recess behind torch). Folds up quickly to fit in a tote bag (weighs less than 5#).
Vicki

Last edited by Sparklelover; 2006-03-04 at 1:10pm.
Old 2006-03-13, 5:12pm
PyronamixK

I just bought a Butterfly at GlassCraft the other day. I really like it! I did not have problems with my back or wrists, but I wanted a little more support (to be more steady) for doing stringer work - I can only rest one hand/wrist on my torch at a time. With the Butterfly, I can steady both hands at the same time. I have mine bolted to the table. It was easy to set up.