Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-06-26, 7:53am
Bigger, longer, and uncut

I've learned to love the Vetrofond light turquoise, dark turquoise, and light violet pastels. Their tone is brighter compared to their Effetre counterparts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-06-26, 9:18am
aka Deborah Spence

OH! SIS... lol - it just wasn't translating in my brain... I too love Marble Avacado.

Patti..I think it was probably the batch of black you had. One of the last, if not the last, batch of Vetrofond Black was off... Frantz ended up selling it as Gunmetal because of the devit/sheen it produced. But all the other batches I've had over the years have been very nice.

Old 2012-06-26, 4:52pm
Lampworkaholic!

Yes the older batches of black are lovely. And the ivories, beautiful.

Pajama blue is a baby blue shade like flannel pajamas. It's really just an alternate shade of blue that isn't found in the 104 palette. Messy Zachary is fairly close, slightly more toward Periwinkle, while Pajama is closer to slate gray. Which is another cool blue-gray Vetrofond pastel.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox

Last edited by Elizabeth Beads; 2012-06-26 at 5:19pm.
Old 2012-07-01, 5:40am

I love Vetrofond and will also miss it very much. I love the Tangerine Sparkle and have found it to be consistant and so very bright. I also love Fossill, Black, Petrified Wood and River Rock and Painted Desert. Great for organics!
Old 2012-07-01, 10:09am
Salt Box Beads

I heard that another company may buy the Vetrofond recipes and will continue to make the rods.

Can't remember which thread I saw that in but it was here on LE. A glimmer of hope!
Old 2012-07-01, 11:23am
aka Deborah Spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgglass View Post
I love Vetrofond and will also miss it very much. I love the Tangerine Sparkle and have found it to be consistant and so very bright. I also love Fossill, Black, Petrified Wood and River Rock and Painted Desert. Great for organics!
Can't help with the others but Fossil is an Effetre color which so far is a returning production color...

Old 2012-07-02, 8:29pm

Oh wait! Seashell swirl...is that Vetrofond? No, say it isn't so! So I lied, I have purchased Vetrofond lately...I forgot this was Vetrofond. I will really miss this color.