Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2009-07-29, 9:16am
Yup.

Default Join the Excellent Enamel Adventure! 7 Tutorials from MZ & JC

Margaret and I are super happy to announce that the Excellent Enamel Adventure Tutorial package is finally, officially, available! The tutorial package is available at www.jcherrell.com and on Etsy for just $37. This most excellent package of seven tutorials includes 66 pages full of hundreds of photographs and diagrams designed to thrill and entice you into the wonderful world of enamels! We focus on color fades, texture effects, coverage, application and all the special needs of enamels in addition to some bead basics like shaping, and bonuses like stringer work, among others!

The package includes the following tutorials:

-Enamel properties and safety (6 pages of what you NEED to know, file size, 597 KB)
-MZ’s rolled spacers (8 pages of rolled spacer considerations and options, 14 steps with 22 photos, 2.37 MB)
-JC’s sifted spacers (8 pages of construction notes, 8 steps with 13 photographs, 3.24 MB)
-MZ’s aventurine enamel bead (12 pages of fabulous effects, 28 steps with 32 photos, 3.07 MB)
-JC’s faded draft bead (13 pages of sifted fade fun, 28 steps with 37 photos, 5.98 MB)
-MZ’s flower pick up (12 pages of exploration featuring the Powder Vibe tool, 24 steps with 29 photos, 8 photos 13.03 MB)
-JC’s speckled data bead (12 pages of sifting and stringer work, 23 steps with 27 photos, 4.87 MB)

But that’s not all!!! Each tutorial includes:

-Candid, clever, informational, and insightful introductions to each bead. You’ll definitely be stoked to get working on the beads after reading these sections!
-Detailed step by step instructions focusing on efficiency, skill building, base formation, heat control, stringer work, and OF COUSE so many of the ways MZ & JC love to use enamel.
-Photo index note pages for each tutorial. These are designed to be easy to use while at the torch, and with plenty of space for your own notes.
-A “Choose You Own Adventure” section with variations and ideas to help you keep your adventure going strong.
-And a heavy dose of JC and MZ at every turn… (Watch out for fun and entertainment!)

Margaret and I are super excited to share our enamel adventure with you. We met and became friends at the Kansas City ISGB Gathering. And it hasn’t been the same for either of us since (thank goodness!) We found our love for enamel is the same, yet oh so different. MZ loves the cool effects and the opportunities to create texture and muted colors using enamels. And I can’t get enough of those bright colors and fades. In these tutorials you’ll have an intimate look at why and how we do what we do, proving yet again there are infinite ways to work with the same medium.

In these tutorials we use Effetre glass and Thompson’s 9000 series of enamels, however you could use any COE soft glass and Thompson’s compatible line of enamels (check out ThompsonEnamel.com to see their complete and impressive product line). We also use standard shaping tools such as graphite marvers, knives, razors, and picks, as well as the Poweder Vibe tool from Bearfoot Arts for a really cool floral pick up. (While that tutorial can still be completed without the PowderVibe, it’s a super fun addition to any tool collection.) JC also uses the JC sifter available from Arrow Springs, but with a little bit of caution to prevent melting, those little red plastic sifters can be used, too.

The tutorial package is available at www.jcherrell.com, www.mzglass.com and on Etsy for just $37. Once payment is received you’ll get an email in 24-72 hours with a link to a page where each document can be downloaded at your convenience. They are delivered in PDF format, so they’re super easy to download and view. The documents are not automatically emailed as they come together to make a pretty nice sized collection. This way, you can save the documents to the location of your choice at the time of your liking without having to worry about large files clogging up your inbox. (Refunds on digital information are not available.)

PS - Margaret Zinser and I (JC Herrell) own the intellectual rights and copyrights to the content of these tutorials. It is not OK to share or copy and distribute these files. Once purchased by you, they are for your personal use only. Any other use is BAD. Margaret and I worked really hard to make these tutorials the very best that we can. Thank you for supporting our hard work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~

Last edited by JCHerrellGlass; 2009-08-01 at 11:25am.
Old 2009-07-29, 9:34am
Did someone say SALE?

Just bought mine!!!
Old 2009-07-29, 9:46am
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

Oooh definitely on my list of future purchases!!!

Old 2009-07-29, 9:50am
Gimme that silver glass!

I agree, this will be bought soon . Thanks for the work ladies!

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2009-07-29, 10:04am
Yup.

WOOT thanks, Beth and Amber! Let us know what you think... and show us the beads, please!!!!!

~
~
Old 2009-07-29, 10:56am
FatCat Mama

I jumped on this one, fer sure!

Teri P

ps... JC, I love love love the bead I bought from you a month or so ago.

Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.
Albert Einstein

Orange Cricket with 10L oxycon and NG
Old 2009-07-30, 11:29am

Talking

It's the best tutorial and so much info~ you won't be disappointed! Plus have you ever heard of MZ making a flower bead?! It's awesome!

Thank you JC & MZ for sharing so much valuable information.

May the love of animals inspire you, teach you & heal you...
Old 2009-07-31, 10:35am

I just purchased mine. Will check it out this evening when I get home. I'll let you know...wooohooo! I can't wait!

Thanks to you both!

Barb
Old 2009-07-31, 11:06am
Yup.

Rock you guys!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

As a side note, we sold out of the first Etsy listing so I added another (like I said... THANK YOU!) You can get to the new Etsy listing here.

And if you tried though my website but encountered errors, you're all set now. My site got a little confused with more traffic and such, but it's all better now.

Rock you and your enamel adventures! We really, really want to see what you make... please?

~
~
Old 2009-08-01, 11:21am
Yup.

OK... had a duh moment (watch my education, live!). Super shout out to TJ for showing me the way! Of course you want to see a big picture of the beads! And maybe a picture of the pages. And silly me, I really didn't put one here or on my website... though somehow I thought about it on Etsy! But it's all better now. I added a couple of pictures to my original post. And check my website for more pictures, too.

~
~
Old 2009-08-02, 2:19am
Knob Creek Glass

The tutorials are great!!! Thank you JC and Margaret!
Old 2009-08-02, 6:26am
Meet Molly

Your tutorial looks and sounds great! But, I have 2 questions: Does the tutorial include instructions for your Star Draft Beads and Mendhi Beads, specifically? Also, do you offer yet for sale your Enamel Sifter "Hammer?"

Cinnamon
Old 2009-08-03, 2:08pm
Yup.

Thanks, Barb!!!! Yay!

Hi, Cinnamon! My tutorials are not for star draft or rainbow beads specifically but I chose to do the faded draft bead and the data bead because they are how I taught myself sifted fades and stringer work. Those are the two components of most of my beads including the star draft and the rainbow. The info for those beads that's not covered by these tutorials would be the egg shape and use of 96 Coe to make silvery dots. Hope that helps!

As for the sifter, give Arrow Springs a call. I'm not sure if they have them back in stock yet or not, but I'm sure you can back order, if not. They have 4 sizes and a cute little cone sifters for $12.95-$15.95 (I think). I'm holding onto the few that I have for my students this weekend...

~
~
Old 2009-08-03, 3:16pm

I'm sooooooooo looking foward to having the funds to get this!
ginger
Old 2009-08-26, 3:59pm

These are my first beads from the MZ/JC tut. And while it will take practice the stringer control needs alot of work.
Attached Images

Old 2009-08-27, 10:52am

Pat~ those are wonderful!!!

Here are my 1st JC inspired beads- they need work but it's a start.

and a few MZ enamel beads I made in class with them... the 1st one is HUGE!

Old 2009-08-27, 6:22pm

I got one too...not had a chace to torch yet but soon. It's really really informative. Thanks so much you two for putting all your efforts together for a terrific tutorial!! Ya'll
ROCK!!
Old 2009-08-27, 8:16pm

Thankyou Karina. Your beads are very nice. the first set has a rather oriental feel.
Old 2009-09-03, 4:29pm
Yup.

WORD!!!!! Pat and Karen, those are AWESOME BEADS!!! I'm so impressed. Thank you so much for showing us. (I just texted MZ about them!)

~
~
Old 2009-12-02, 4:25pm
Formerly Icarus Beads :)

Just ordered mine. Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge!

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2009-12-04, 5:02pm

Talking

Wow, thanks Pat and JC ~ I thought you had seen these already (didn't post them on FB)

I'm working on more next week! Can't stop reading the huge tutorial! Thank goodness I printed it out!