LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2009-11-15, 1:15pm
pammigwynn

If you still need someone to take over your business, please email me and we can discuss the details.
Thank you,
Pam
Old 2009-12-03, 1:50pm
Creatrixie

Wondering if anyone has tried out the tut and has some eyes to show us?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~Mary

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

There's always something new to learn!
COE 104
Old 2009-12-03, 3:32pm
Wendy

I saw someone that had them in his etsy store today... he did a great job with them and even had a cool piece to show them being used in.

Quote:
... Although that's probably part of what makes an artist a true artist.. you create things that you like and then wonder if anyone else could possibly like them without having seen the rest of the story that's still in your head. ~Me
Old 2009-12-03, 4:06pm
Creatrixie

Got a link, Wendy?

~Mary

COE 104
Old 2009-12-03, 4:41pm
Otter

Hey Mary maybe that was me. I made some and have them in my etsy shop.

John

Link http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=32702493

Murrini for Sale

#R124
Old 2009-12-04, 6:19am
Wendy

It was Otter. I stalk his etsy store every now and again to see what he's been up to.

Quote:
... Although that's probably part of what makes an artist a true artist.. you create things that you like and then wonder if anyone else could possibly like them without having seen the rest of the story that's still in your head. ~Me
Old 2009-12-04, 7:42am

Sorry! I haven't been here for a while. Had the flu which triggered a sinus infection and am still sick. There are only a couple people that I know of trying the eyes, so I hope more people will! I've been advertising on a miniaturist list about once a month--directing people to my page and the list of eye makers.

Please let me know if you want me to list your eyes on my site.
Old 2009-12-04, 9:31am
Creatrixie

I love your work, John!

I hope that you're feeling better now, Jane. I went and looked at those links yesterday and it seemed like only two of them (John being one of them) actually mentioned that they were making the doll eyes or had photos of them... I just think it would be good if the others who say they're doing it, showed it. (my 2 cents)

~Mary

COE 104

Last edited by MerryFool; 2009-12-04 at 9:34am. Reason: more
Old 2009-12-06, 11:26pm
as in the state

Otter, those are awesome!!

You should consider going to Lauscha and taking some classes on making eyes there! I had a great time with that! =) I want to go again this August!

I haven't been able to torch yet, but I plan to try this SOON!

-amy
Old 2009-12-07, 12:37am
don't burn your fingers!

I will try some within the next few days, we will see how I do! I will post pictures when I get them done!
Old 2009-12-09, 1:49pm

Mary--I agree that they should have info and images if they want to get customers.

All Folks---Even if you make eyes without using my tutorial, I will list you on my site. Just send me a link.

I just found out I have MRSA in my sinus! Eeuww! The super-duper antibiotic seems to be making headway against it without making me horribly sick, but I don't know how long it will take or if it will really zap it all. Trying not to freak out...
Old 2009-12-09, 2:42pm
Creatrixie

I'm afraid to ask...what's a MRSA? Ugh. HOpe that antibiotic does the trick and you're back on your feet again soon, Jane!

~Mary

COE 104
Old 2009-12-10, 4:18am

MRSA:

"MRSA stands for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. The term is used to describe a number of strains of the bacteria, Staphylococcus aureus, that are resistant to a number of antibiotics, including methicillin.

Why is MRSA a concern?
Problems occur if Staphyloccocus aureus bacteria are able to enter the body through a cut or wound.

Most healthy people have strong immune systems and are able to fight off a Staphylococcus aureus infection themselves and have only mild symptoms. However, people with weakened immune systems (for example due to other illnesses) or who have undergone surgery (for example heart surgery or hip replacement) can develop more serious problems. In more vulnerable people, Staphyloccocus aureus bacteria have been known to cause boils, abscesses, impetigo, septic wounds, heart-valve problems and toxic shock syndrome. In extreme cases, it can result in death.

People with weakened immune systems who have been infected with Staphylococcus aureus require treatment with antibiotics to help clear the infection. The concern with MRSA strains of bacteria is that they are resistant to a number of the antibiotics that are normally used to treat Staphylococcus aureus infections."

medicalnewstoday
Old 2009-12-10, 7:44am
Creatrixie

Yikes! Thanks for the info, Jane....

~Mary

COE 104
Old 2010-02-01, 7:36am

MY WEBSITE IS DOWN 02/01/10 hope to have it back this week.
Old 2010-02-01, 8:49am
The Andrea Half

I'm only getting redirected to a site with a lot of pop-ups ... ? ..ah, never mind, silly me didn't look at the end of the thread. Never mind! *returning to my normal state of idiocy!*

Old 2010-02-01, 9:34am
Life is good

I may sound completely ignorant, but i cant figure out how to see the tut.

Old 2010-02-02, 9:40am

As I posted at both the beginning and the end of this thread--my site is down, totally down! I had hoped it would be back by now. My brother owns the domain and he messed up the renewal process. He assures me that once the process is completed, my site will be back.
Old 2010-02-02, 11:34am
Creatrixie

Woah, that's rough! Crossing my fingers that it will all work out for you soon, Jane!

~Mary

COE 104
Old 2010-02-03, 4:12pm

It is back!
Old 2010-02-24, 5:51pm
as in the state

Just a couple of questions as I read through this tut getting ready to try some of my own this week or next...

And what yellow and browns were you using? All opaque glass, I assume. The instructions for the green color kind of scare me. Is that something that will make sense as I do it?

I think that's about it. Eager to try this (still) and hoping new propane hose comes in SOON so I can get cranking!! (And get motivated to get out to my studio to get the heater going so I don't freeze to death while I wait for summer!!)

-Amy
Old 2010-02-25, 5:31am

PM'd you!

Barb
Old 2010-02-25, 7:34am

Regarding colors--yes opaque except the pupil color which is the black that is actually very dark trans. purple. It has been 2 years and I don't recall exactly which colors I used. I got them from Frantz Bead Co (I used MAPP gas and a Hot Head, so most of you folks are way ahead of me right from the start!). I used the soft glass,not boro, and I know that Frantz sometimes changed the colors themselves when their suppliers made changes. Sorry that I can't be more help! I no longer need the knowledge, so it has gone right out of my head! Green can be really frustrating--I suggest experimenting with tiny amounts of glass and taking notes on the results continuously.
Old 2010-02-25, 11:55am
Creatrixie

yes, green can creep like a real monster...you might try encasing it with something before you do the white.

~Mary

COE 104