Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2009-05-20, 4:12am

Default Question on the Technique of an Artist's Bead...

Hi everyone. I don't know if it's correct to ask this question here, but I was wondering if anyone knows how to make the beads Anastasia makes that has the bubble with the beautiful flowers with stamens in the middle? They are gorgeous and I'm always awestruck by them and wonder how the heck does she do that?

I don't even know what the technique or method is called. But on some of her beads, she will have big glass bubbles with different colored flowers and they have perfect stamens. Is this done off mandrel and then applied to the bead or what? I've never seen anything like it before.

I've tried the on mandrel implosion before and this isn't it...or if it is, I sure can't figure it out.

She has some of these beads posted on ebay now for sale. Of course, I can never get my hands on one because I'm always outbid. It's no wonder I never have any money, because I'm always buying other artist's beads! I just love them.

I hope I wasn't out of line asking this question. If I was...I apologize in advance.

Thank you.

Barb
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-05-20, 4:33am
Pyromaniac

I think the best thing to do is to message her and see if she will talk about her technique with you. Ana is a really nice person and really does some amazing things with glass, doesn't she?

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-05-20, 6:18am
Rose colored glasses…√

Her glass artistry is nothing short of amazing...and she is very nice.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2009-05-20, 6:38am

That's the truth! Her work is absolutely amazing. I suppose I could send her an email. I didn't want to bother her. I was just hoping someone out there would know what the technique is. I've been looking and looking for a tutorial, but can't find one anywhere. I've also gone through all of my books and found nothing.

I've tried to figure it out...but I've come no where close to the conclusion!!!

If anyone would like to guess, please reply and tell me how you think it might be done.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Do you really think she'd mind if I sent her an email to ask?

Barb
Old 2009-05-20, 6:41am
I fart diamonds

Similar technique:

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=125580

Old 2009-05-20, 6:44am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

I don't feel comfortable guessing how she makes her beads, and I think many others will feel the same. Unafortunatly there have been a few incidences where someones unique design was picked apart.

I think asking Ana yourself is your best option since it were here beads you are asking about here

Good luck

Old 2009-05-20, 7:49am

Thank you, Shawnette! You are the bomb, girl! That link really helped me get my mind around it and helped me to understand it better. Thanks so much!

I will send Anastasia an email. I don’t want to be a copy cat…but I suppose anyone who has ever made a bead has copied someone….somebody had to come up with the “dot.”

I just think Anastasia’s beads are beautiful and I’d love to own one someday. And while I’ve never sold ONE of my beads yet in my entire life...it doesn’t appear I’ll become some fast and famous glass artist anytime soon…or ever. So I’m sure she or anyone else doesn't have anything to worry about.

Thanks again for everyone's kind assistance. How do I close this thread now?

Barb