Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-03-03, 1:11pm

Default Double Helix Glass update? please

I wrote to them 2 or 3 days ago and never got any kind of a response...I am sure they are busy filling orders but...

after a year I still have some gaia that I love and still loves me...some for the glass that looks like cobalt and one that is clear...anion?

So what is new and what do I need to buy...I NEED new glass... I have glass...I want more glass...what an addiction!

Gaia is working beautifully for me...but I would like to try some new one's ...
DH please... I am very happy with their customer service and products
thanks in advance....pictures would be helpful...

I have sat here and scanned posts for 45 minutes but really would like something more concentrated please

Beads galore at my ebay store!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Minor with a REGALIA heavenly!
Old 2008-03-03, 1:28pm
Formerly known as LT

Gaia, Nyx and Psyche are my favorites right now. If you have not heard back from them, give them a call. They answer phones monday - friday and are almost allways there throughout the day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-03-03, 1:39pm
Life is change. Love it

You have Gaia, Nyx and Aion. I would order some Kronos 2, it is different from the others, opaque and a wonderful base. Psyche is a must try and the new glass Khaos is apparently wonderful, I haven't tried it yet.

Old 2008-03-03, 1:47pm
Glass-A-Holic ^..^

Yes, there glass is wonderful!

They just released a new glass Khaos (which I hope to get some before they run out) so they are probably super busy.

I would definately get the Kronos 2 and Nyx. They are lovely and easy to work (from a raku challenged person).

Alaina

Old 2008-03-03, 2:20pm
Sorry for party rockin'

It's not new, but try Nyx!! I've had one rod sitting in my stash forever and decided to use it the other day and I love it! It's a beautiful creamy blue that reduces very easily to a metallic sheen.

Old 2008-03-03, 3:04pm
I poop flowers.

Are these new glasses 104 COE? I haven`t worked with any silver glasses yet, although I have a few rods of them. When I get my ventilation in I`m going to give it a try, but from the colors I`ve seen of some of them I really LIKEY.
Might have to try and get some before it`s gone for good.

Velvet

"There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate." ---Charles Dickens
Old 2008-03-04, 12:19am
Gravity is at 6 o'clock

are the batches of psyche consistent? i'm down to a 1" piece of psyche that i bought at the gathering, i want to order some more but i'm so afraid to find out it's different and get dissapointed, i want to be prepared...

so, did anyone use psyche of different batches and can tell me it's all ok?

I
NY
Old 2008-03-04, 6:27am
Life is change. Love it

Psyche is consistent as far as I can tell, I've had three orders of it now.

Yes, they are all 104, and it's unlikely they'll be gone for good, DH is a pretty thriving business I would guess!

Old 2008-03-04, 7:02am
ninja thread killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by !ngridh View Post
So what is new and what do I need to buy...I NEED new glass... I have glass...I want more glass...what an addiction!
I don't know what's new but I have what's old! This is going back at least two, maybe three-ish years, when they were first getting out there and listing small, various batches on eBay. Before they made their move to making glass full time. I'd contacted them back then and bought one rod of everything they had at the time -nine in all.

Sugar Plum
Purple Nebula
Nebula
Dark Star
Passion Flower
Pacific Mist
Northern Lights
Rhubarb
River Rock (yes, a DH glass, full of silver)

Did anyone else ever buy from DH back then, or tried any of these?
Old 2008-03-04, 7:14am
I poop flowers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn M View Post
Psyche is consistent as far as I can tell, I've had three orders of it now.

Yes, they are all 104, and it's unlikely they'll be gone for good, DH is a pretty thriving business I would guess!
I meant the colors I liked, not the business itself, lol!

Velvet

"There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate." ---Charles Dickens
Old 2008-03-04, 10:07am
Wild at Heart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keewin View Post
I don't know what's new but I have what's old! This is going back at least two, maybe three-ish years, when they were first getting out there and listing small, various batches on eBay. Before they made their move to making glass full time. I'd contacted them back then and bought one rod of everything they had at the time -nine in all.

Sugar Plum
Purple Nebula
Nebula
Dark Star
Passion Flower
Pacific Mist
Northern Lights
Rhubarb
River Rock (yes, a DH glass, full of silver)

Did anyone else ever buy from DH back then, or tried any of these?

I LOVE Northern Lights, Dark Star, Nebula and Rhubarb!!!! I still have some left. I'm afraid to use it because I know i can't get it anymore

??
Old 2008-03-04, 10:23am
ninja thread killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiB View Post
I LOVE Northern Lights, Dark Star, Nebula and Rhubarb!!!! I still have some left. I'm afraid to use it because I know i can't get it anymore
I'd really love to see some pics! Rhubarb, in particular, I couldn't figure out. There was really only one that I'd liked, and do you think I could remember which one? The color was totally different depending on the lighting you're in. Baby blue-ish then more purple-ish. I did ask DH at one time if they were going to bring any of these back but it didn't seem as if they would. Probably only if there was a strong enough uprising, hehe!
Old 2008-03-04, 10:36am
Wild at Heart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keewin View Post
I'd really love to see some pics! Rhubarb, in particular, I couldn't figure out. There was really only one that I'd liked, and do you think I could remember which one? The color was totally different depending on the lighting you're in. Baby blue-ish then more purple-ish. I did ask DH at one time if they were going to bring any of these back but it didn't seem as if they would. Probably only if there was a strong enough uprising, hehe!
I don't have any of the beads left. they were either traded or given away or sold I think the only thing I have pictures of may be the Dark Star or the Nebula but none of my beads had purple in them..

I'm torching this week. I'll dig out the Rhubarb and see what I get this time

??
Old 2008-03-04, 10:39am
ninja thread killer

Even if it's only one little beadie Thanks!
Old 2008-03-04, 10:46am
Dazed and Confused!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meitali View Post
are the batches of psyche consistent? i'm down to a 1" piece of psyche that i bought at the gathering, i want to order some more but i'm so afraid to find out it's different and get dissapointed, i want to be prepared...

so, did anyone use psyche of different batches and can tell me it's all ok?
Just from making shards with it...Psyche is very consistent.
Old 2008-03-04, 11:05am
Glass-aholic

I love the psyche!! I also got psyche light that i LOVE LOVE!!!! Its sooo pretty!

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.: