Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2013-09-10, 3:12pm

sorry to thread jack, but someone can probably answer this question w/o me starting an ew thread....
i rec'd some dh glass that i ordered...and it came with an "orphan" rod of glass lol. other then it being labeled Orphan....is there a way to tell what it is (striking/reducing)? i can't find any info on DH's website....
Old 2013-09-10, 3:17pm
Senior Moment

I got a couple of those orphans in my last order too! One I know is Clio, the other is most likely Helios. I have some Clio and its the same, the Helios I melted a little to see what it does, and it's def the right color when reduced and doesn't seem to strike. Why not do a small melt on em and see what they do? Then you can compare at the site. And don't forget, all the test batches are still reviewable even if they aren't for sale.

Btw, if anyone hasn't checked yet, they're baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

Yay!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I never finish anything. I have a black belt in partial arts.

Last edited by allicat; 2013-09-10 at 3:21pm.
Old 2013-09-10, 3:22pm
Tweedle Dumb

is it a pale blue rod that reduces? I want pounds of it, but I don't know what it is. I hope they consider making it a production color, if it's not already.

Quote:
sorry to thread jack, but someone can probably answer this question w/o me starting an ew thread....
i rec'd some dh glass that i ordered...and it came with an "orphan" rod of glass lol. other then it being labeled Orphan....is there a way to tell what it is (striking/reducing)? i can't find any info on DH's website....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<Click For My Latest Murrini!

<Click! For Pandora Style Beads!
Old 2013-09-11, 3:28am

nope the orphan rod i rec'd was brownish in rod, goes clear when heated and seems to be a striking color. i made a small paddle (half orphan rod half clear) and twisted it up, seems it will be a fun color. i just wish i knew what it was.

believe me i was hoping for clio...have not had the pleasure to try it yet.
Old 2013-09-11, 9:10pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Quote:
Someone needs to do a bulk buy for those ammonite tools
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I would love the ammonite tool too. Is Bavarian the only one that carries that press?

Patsy

Ebay:
Old 2013-09-12, 10:17am

Smile

I'd like to participate in a bulk buy for the ammonite toos also. Lydia
Old 2013-09-12, 10:46am

Here's the ammonite mother lode...

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-09-12, 10:48am
Master Procrastinator

I ordered one last week & it got here in 6 days! Better timing then the USPS!
Now to find the time to play.

Old 2013-09-14, 2:02am

Location: Loving Bermuda, dreaming of Africa and looking forward to Maine!

Lea, which one did you get?

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got." Janis Joplin
Old 2013-09-14, 7:14pm
Catnip Pusher

Quote:
I ordered one last week & it got here in 6 days! Better timing then the USPS!
Now to find the time to play.
I ordered mine end of August and I'm still waiting.
I hate DHL.

Aimee

Old 2013-09-15, 1:45pm

Quote:
I ordered mine end of August and I'm still waiting.
I hate DHL.

Aimee

Hi Aimee,

we are so sorry that you haven`t received your tool yet. We sent it out on the 3rd.September. We have now experienced that the postage to the US by DHL takes about 8 to 15 Days. So hopefully it will arrive in the next few days. Please keep us posted.
Best regards,
graphitejunge

Old 2013-09-15, 2:15pm
Catnip Pusher

Quote:
Hi Aimee,

we are so sorry that you haven`t received your tool yet. We sent it out on the 3rd.September. We have now experienced that the postage to the US by DHL takes about 8 to 15 Days. So hopefully it will arrive in the next few days. Please keep us posted.
Best regards,
graphitejunge

I know it's not your fault! DHL is notoriously inefficient here in the US. I'm just eager to try these cool tools!!

Aimee

Old 2013-09-26, 10:34am

Quote:
I know it's not your fault! DHL is notoriously inefficient here in the US. I'm just eager to try these cool tools!!

Aimee

I hope finaly you received your tool, Aimee?

Strange, sometimes it takes only 5 to 7 days, sometimes almost 16...?!
Is it a "Eastcoast" - "Westcoast" thing?

Would you generally prefer shipping by UPS or any other logistic comp., even if it´s more expensive?

Best regards from the "Ahrtal" one of the best wine-areas in germany, we have a lot of "Spätburgunder" here... ( Pinot noir ) which is almost ready...

If you like wine and you see "Ahrwein", go for it!! you will be "content" with it

Cheers

Jancsi

...der Graphitjunge
Old 2013-09-26, 11:57am
Catnip Pusher

Yes! I received it on the 19th - sent an email to you (but maybe it ended up in spam...?)

I have to take pictures of what I've done with it. Combined with some fab-o Double Helix lustre glass it is a knockout!!

Aimee

Old 2013-09-26, 1:52pm

wow, that sounds good!
Can´t wait to see those pictures.

good night,

Jancsi
Old 2013-10-14, 5:45am
Certified Glassaholic!

I'm planning to pick up a couple of tools including the ammonite press if anyone is interested in piggybacking to save on shipping? It's not an official bulk buy just would be shipped to me and then out to you. You would pay a portion of shipping from Germany to the US and then actual shipping from me to you.

Old 2013-10-14, 1:44pm
Gay rights R human rights

I might be...when are you ordering?

bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2013-10-14, 10:23pm

Quote:
I might be...when are you ordering?
Ditto

My Facebook business page:

GTT Bobcat or Carlisle Lucio on an Integra 10
(and sometimes I pull out my HotHead!)
Old 2013-10-18, 5:17pm

Smile

Ditto also. Lydia
Old 2013-10-20, 12:48pm

I might be interested, let me know