Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2017-02-15, 12:19pm
Obsessive Torch Disorder

Default I'm Quiting the bead-making business...

I would LOVE to sell everything in my studio in one big sale for someone just starting out...has anyone every done that? Or is it usually done piecemeal? Sigh... Can anyone give me any guidance on where the best place to sell all of my supplies (Kilns, desk, glass, torch, mandrels, presses...you name it). Craigslist?

Not nearly as many people here on LE as when I first started back in 2005-those were fun times!

Thanks for any advice!
Lynn
(formerly) Brilynn Beads

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook:

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
Old 2017-02-15, 12:45pm

There are lots of bead makers that still check in here and there's a good bit of activity in the garage sale section. There is also a lampwork destash group on Facebook that might be a good possibility.
Old 2017-02-15, 12:51pm
Obsessive Torch Disorder

Thank you, Patty!

Facebook:

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
Old 2017-02-15, 1:50pm

Your best bet is to cross post on local sale groups and hope for a bite.
Craigslist may work or you can try hanging up an ad in a local teaching studio.

In general most beginners don't have to confidence to buy a whole studio worth of stuff all at once.
destash groups on facebok and the garage sale may work but anything out of a 2 or three hour drive may need packing and shipping.

Old 2017-02-15, 2:27pm

Where are you located? I think you get the most money for selling things piece by piece.
Old 2017-02-15, 3:28pm

Your too far away for me.
Old 2017-02-15, 4:46pm
Phill

I suggest putting together pics and inventory (or at least a rough inventory ) and then covering the entire field; Craigs List, Facebook, garage sales section of al the glass forums you can find.

I also think putting all the high detail lists in Craigs List and then putting some teaser info in all the other places along with a link to the Craigs List page will be easier on you in the long run.

Don't forget to put where you are located so folks can guesstimate shipping or lugging the larger stuff.

The biggest question is how much time you want to spend getting to the end of it all.

The less you want the faster it will move.

Offering discounts on package deals will probably move quicker as well.

Don't forget to look into what ever bead stores or lampworking places you could frequent.

Good luck.

Last edited by Speedslug; 2017-02-15 at 4:49pm.
Old 2017-02-15, 9:16pm

I personally think you should figure out what you have and list it here in the Garage Sale. There has been a lot of sales activity in there lately. A LOT!

Old 2017-02-15, 11:21pm

Here inWa and interested in stuff
Old 2017-02-16, 2:02am
kinda torching....

What torches do you have?

Old 2017-02-16, 7:20am
N2Beadz

I sold my entire set up as a whole.

Do you have any lampworkers teaching in your area within a reasonable driving distant? If so, contact them and discuss the possibility of any student looking for such a purchase. I would've jumped on this back in the day. It just wasn't out there.

Think it through hard. There are times I so wish I would've let my stuff collect dust instead of get rid of it. That was my hang up. I didn't feel I was using it enough and had lost interest. I've had many moments I would've loved making some beads.

Old 2017-02-16, 7:19pm
Slogan Challenged...

Lots of good advice here! And hugs from a fellow newbie from the old days Sorry to hear it, I hope you enjoy whatever you choose to do. Don't be a stranger!

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2017-02-17, 1:25pm
Lisa Berczel

There are a couple of active Lamwork Destash pages on facebook... but one in particular is very rule-intensive about cross-posting. And I for one check the LE Garage daily....