Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2014-07-19, 4:42pm
Bernhard Riegler

my first double sided marbles
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bernhard Riegler - Bay of Islands - New Zealand

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-07-19, 8:33pm

That's just too cool and weird also.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 2014-07-20, 11:21am

Bernhard, those are incredible!
Old 2014-07-20, 5:01pm
Flamewoman

Bernhard's hot rocks rock. For sure. Your pictures are just like mine,
lots of little hairs. You have a dog? or is that you.

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2014-07-20, 5:10pm
Bernhard Riegler

Thank you Mary - I have a cat . . a persian - very very fluffy

Old 2014-07-20, 6:54pm
Flamewoman

And you know I have 2 golden retrievers, so I likely have you beat hair for hair. But...
Your marbles just take the cake.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2014-07-20, 8:53pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary K View Post
Bernhard's hot rocks rock. For sure. Your pictures are just like mine,
lots of little hairs. You have a dog? or is that you.

Hair? What hair?

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 2014-07-20, 9:38pm
Bernhard Riegler

here is my culprit . . .
Attached Images

Old 2014-07-20, 11:10pm
Bernhard Riegler

just another one - please tell me when you are sick of it - I know I am hogging it, but I got a bottle of oxy and I am hard out
Attached Images

Old 2014-07-21, 9:54pm
Bernhard Riegler

last one . . . I promise
Attached Images

Old 2014-07-21, 11:14pm

Bernhard, just to say, I'll NEVER be sick of your photos, please keep posting! Your work is truly beautiful. I'm pretty positive that many many of us feel the same way and are inspired by you, even if we don't always post and say it
Old 2014-07-21, 11:41pm
Bernhard Riegler

Wow - this is so nice - thank you! But looking at the boro room, I start feeling guilty - like I am hogging or pushing in too much. When ever I do something, I take photos of it and put it in "the box". Posting here is probably my way of showing off - and believe it or not, I am so proud of some, I just have to show them.
But I would sooooo love to see more work of all the others - especially beginners - its so nice to help others along . . . I remember my beginners days. I was shy to show, because the "others" were just so much better than I. Now I like to help and share my experience - we should grow together - I learned pretty much everything I know here in the boro room . . .and not the tut room, but from people posting here - some became very dear friends over the years.
I am not going away, just slowing down a bit ( my wife is already on my back, because I spend too much time on glass . . and the expences . . ). You all probably know what I am talking about.
Anyway, thank you and please you all out there . . POST MOORE PICS OF YOUR WORK

Old 2014-07-22, 7:14am

dont really have anything cool to share this month been lots n lots of icicles. (boring)

did make a cute unicorn...

Old 2014-07-22, 8:43am

Well, ok then. I will post my first try at boro. Hmm, let's see,yah, my first little blown vase.
Big fun!
Jo
Attached Images

- A work in progress

Old 2014-07-22, 10:08am

Jo ... lovely vase.

And Bernard ... never, ever tired of looking at your work.

Please, please, please hog all you want. We need more glassy goodies in this Show and Tell. I haven't played at all with boro recently so nothing to show from me.

Rose ... very nice unicorn. Arggh, please don't mention icicles ... I'm having issues with the working glass items for the Fall/Show season. It is too beautiful out to think of cold.

Old 2014-07-22, 1:17pm
Borosapien

The marbles rock!! do you get it
here is a perfume bottle i made.

Old 2014-07-22, 7:31pm
Flamewoman

Hey Bernhard, My husband used to complain about time spent on my glass biz, untill.....
I started really making money at it, and found a way to include him. He helps me at shows, and has become a really good salesman over time, and he strings all the little beads on the neck cords I make and sell, which is a monumental job in itself. Now he says " hey you gonna melt glass today?" I only melt glass for a few hours at a time and then we do something together with our dogs, go for a walk, or swim with the dogs in the pool.
If you had a place to sell your work, and your wife came and helped, then she would be included.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2014-07-22, 7:34pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwynd View Post
Bernhard, just to say, I'll NEVER be sick of your photos, please keep posting! Your work is truly beautiful. I'm pretty positive that many many of us feel the same way and are inspired by you, even if we don't always post and say it
I agree, and I only get to play with glass for a few hours a week, but I really enjoy it. I have a bunch of pendants and marbles laying on the table in the "Sweat Shop". I haven't taken many pictures because for some reason it seems to be a PITA to do. The actual taking of the pics isn't, but the downloading and uploading and resizing and all that just is a pain. I know I need to learn more about the photographing aspect, but just haven't done it yet.

Last edited by getdul981; 2014-07-22 at 7:45pm.
Old 2014-07-22, 9:10pm
Bernhard Riegler

Thanks guys - you are wonderful and make me very welcome. So good to see more work here - I enjoy every one, even if I don't always comment. Tela - your vase is suuuper, well worth showing. And Untamedrose - so nice to see some sculpture here - it is beautiful - and Marcel, what can I say . . I am a fan of your work for a long time and it is a treat to see your art - it is always so clean . . (and I don't mean hair) . .
WE are the boro room - WE bring it alive!

Old 2014-07-23, 7:10am

BTW Bernard ... beautiful cat.

Are you sure he/she is a Persian and not an Angora. The Persians usually have squished faces where the Angoras have the normal kitty face. (from what I know ... which isn't much)

Old 2014-07-23, 12:51pm

Newbie pendant

Elke
Old 2014-07-23, 3:39pm

Is that the silver creek? Very cool

Old 2014-07-23, 11:00pm

Thank you.............I don't know the colors name, it's half of an unlabeled rod.

Elke
Old 2014-07-23, 11:15pm
Bernhard Riegler

nice to see so many new posts - fantastic!!!

I made this marble today and I might get another one out of my oxy-bottle tomorrow. I like this one, because there is no air trapped . . woohoo!
It is the same design, but I am trying to make that "perfect" one . . well, one day
Attached Images

Old 2014-07-24, 8:26am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locococo View Post
Thank you.............I don't know the colors name, it's half of an unlabeled rod.

Elke
Could it be NS Light Blue AP

Old 2014-07-25, 8:44am

Old 2014-07-25, 5:33pm
Bernhard Riegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by getdul981 View Post
Sometimes they do.
I made about 26 of them and had no cracks, but yesterday this one cracked on me while I was working it in the flame - some part must have cooled too much and when the flame touched it again this happened . .
Attached Images

Old 2014-07-26, 7:47pm

And it sure looks like a nice one.

Old 2014-07-26, 8:22pm
Bernhard Riegler

thank you, Greg

Old 2014-07-27, 3:02am

Oh Bernhard....what a pity such a beautiful one.

Elke