Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2010-02-21, 7:43pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Default Tutorial Withdrawals

Okay I admit it. I am an addict. I love tutorials. I need them. I want them. I have to have them.

Anyone have one brewing atm? Give me a teaser please.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-02-22, 6:01am
Unmedicated since '62

sigh...me too, i allow myself one a fortnight

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2010-02-22, 10:51am
I speak Murrini!

I've got two in the works; first one will be ready Wednesday - and it's a simple one and should be quite inexpensive. It will be a "how to" on making Citrus Slices - and will be a go-with, mailed tutorial that will come with the necessary murrini to create the slices. I'm figuring it will be priced around $15 and will include 18-24 murrini slices and a step-by-step to using them. Here's some "testers" (sorry for the bead poop; I've not had a chance to clean 'em yet!)

The second (tick, tock - tick, tock) is my Skull Murrini Tutorial. I've had this in the works for a while; I've been invited to demo it for So. Cal Chapter of ISGB, and it's looking like that will take place in September 2010 in So. Cal (location to be determined). I will have it ready for publication in the next month or so, though, and here's a teaser photo from it:

Hum? What 'cha think?

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro

Last edited by theglasszone; 2010-02-22 at 11:09am.
Old 2010-02-22, 11:12am

I just bought Michael Barley's new tutorial this weekend. I love it! Been playing around with all weekend. Have you got that one?

"People can be the wind beneath your wings or the anchor on your boat" John Maxwell
Old 2010-02-22, 11:26am

There are three that I want sooo bad....
The Baleen one sigh...
I am soo tired of being broke!!!!!

granny
Old 2010-02-22, 12:09pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Yupp I do and I love it. I dare you to ask me about one I don't have.......

Okay , maybe I do have an illness.

I love information when it comes to glass..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna T. View Post
I just bought Michael Barley's new tutorial this weekend. I love it! Been playing around with all weekend. Have you got that one?

Old 2010-02-22, 12:27pm

De-- I love the citrus can't wait till its out. Ill be keeping an eye out for it!
Old 2010-02-22, 2:02pm

I think I am really excited about September - can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theglasszone View Post
I've got two in the works; first one will be ready Wednesday - and it's a simple one and should be quite inexpensive. It will be a "how to" on making Citrus Slices - and will be a go-with, mailed tutorial that will come with the necessary murrini to create the slices. I'm figuring it will be priced around $15 and will include 18-24 murrini slices and a step-by-step to using them. Here's some "testers" (sorry for the bead poop; I've not had a chance to clean 'em yet!)

The second (tick, tock - tick, tock) is my Skull Murrini Tutorial. I've had this in the works for a while; I've been invited to demo it for So. Cal Chapter of ISGB, and it's looking like that will take place in September 2010 in So. Cal (location to be determined). I will have it ready for publication in the next month or so, though, and here's a teaser photo from it:

Hum? What 'cha think?

De
Old 2010-02-22, 8:58pm
Dangerous Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemsinbloom View Post
Okay I admit it. I am an addict. I love tutorials. I need them. I want them. I have to have them.

Anyone have one brewing atm? Give me a teaser please.

I had to look twice to see if I posted that and forgot. I have tuts I haven't even tried yet and still want more!!!

Hello my name is Nancy and I am addicted to tutorials.

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2010-02-22, 9:02pm
I think my raku is broken

I may be addicted as well. In fact, I think I just told my favorite tut writer that she needed to write another one pronto because I've just about got all of hers now. There's about $20 between me and poverty right now, yet I've already got my next 3 tuts picked out. I need an intervention.

Old 2010-02-22, 10:21pm

Do you have Sarah Horniks one with Bullseye glass?
Old 2010-02-22, 10:22pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Yupp!

And I love it. I have not had a lot of time to play with it yet though. I just packed away my bullseye as I want to focus on CIM for awhile.

I can't believe I did that though........that means no florals or maybe I will try and design some florals with CIM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
Do you have Sarah Horniks one with Bullseye glass?

Old 2010-02-22, 10:24pm
Jacqueline Parkes

You certainty sound like me but I have a worse addiction because I buy jewelry tutorials too.........

Then I started seeing other tutorials on Etsy for sewing and cooking and graphics and .......................I love to learn. I have more books than you can imagine. If there was a fire, that is what I would grab first.

sigh

k
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymama View Post
I may be addicted as well. In fact, I think I just told my favorite tut writer that she needed to write another one pronto because I've just about got all of hers now. There's about $20 between me and poverty right now, yet I've already got my next 3 tuts picked out. I need an intervention.

Old 2010-02-22, 10:26pm

Holy heck you are fast. I went to get the web addy and you already answered LOL
http://www.glassbysarah.com/ebooks/mandala/ Here it is for anyone else interested.
Old 2010-02-22, 10:30pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Hehe just good timing!

Old 2010-02-23, 12:41am

I have a few in the works but I'm really enjoying making beads at the moment that I haven't had time to finish them but have all the photos taken.

What are they?

Well not sure what I'll call them yet but I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.
Attached Images

Last edited by sislonski; 2010-02-23 at 12:46am.
Old 2010-02-23, 2:08am
Resident hippie

Shari - you are one of my very favorite bead makers. Your beads and photos are stunning. When will the next one be ready?

Have FUN!!!!! It's not about perfection..... Leslie - [not so] Crazy Woman

Last edited by Beadanna; 2010-02-23 at 2:12am.
Old 2010-02-23, 2:39am

omg i could go broke here... very cool work sis. i want to be that good...
Old 2010-02-23, 3:22am
Tassie Devil

Oh my! I must get that tute when it comes out, Shari!

Today, right now, is a gift - that's why they call it the present!

Old 2010-02-23, 7:38am

PLease help these Tutorial withdrawls really hurt. WE WANT TUTS, WE WANT TUTS. Come on be brave i look at the gallery everyday and any one of you could write a tut we would buy.
Old 2010-02-23, 1:03pm
Dangerous Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemsinbloom View Post
You certainty sound like me but I have a worse addiction because I buy jewelry tutorials too.........

Then I started seeing other tutorials on Etsy for sewing and cooking and graphics and .......................I love to learn. I have more books than you can imagine. If there was a fire, that is what I would grab first.

sigh

k

Uh Oh. I didn't realize there were tuts for other things than glass and jewelry! Shows howsingle minded I am. Off to check Etsy for tuts........

Old 2010-02-23, 1:08pm
Gimme that silver glass!

I'm working on my Armadillo tutorial . In 2 shapes, the lentil and the (crunched) focal . Will be about the newest DH glass too: CL-360 aka Clio and KA-356.

Now is the time to say which other silver glass you would like me to tell about in my tutorial as well .

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2010-02-23, 1:13pm
Dangerous Woman

I think I found one tutorial I can live without.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...age=9&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

Old 2010-02-23, 1:14pm
Dangerous Woman

Oh Anouk! You are my hero!! I want to take a class from you! If I ever get overseas.....

Old 2010-02-23, 1:27pm
Serenity Now!

Gorgeous work, Shari and Anouk - looking forward to your tutes.....
<please hurry!>

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2010-02-23, 1:33pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Oh my! I love them! Okay I can't wait, bring them on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sislonski View Post
I have a few in the works but I'm really enjoying making beads at the moment that I haven't had time to finish them but have all the photos taken.

What are they?

Well not sure what I'll call them yet but I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

Old 2010-02-23, 1:33pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Oh oh, look at what I have done..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by playswithfire104 View Post
Uh Oh. I didn't realize there were tuts for other things than glass and jewelry! Shows howsingle minded I am. Off to check Etsy for tuts........

Old 2010-02-23, 1:34pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Oh wow, okay I am officially excited! woot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll Lover View Post
I'm working on my Armadillo tutorial . In 2 shapes, the lentil and the (crunched) focal . Will be about the newest DH glass too: CL-360 aka Clio and KA-356.

Now is the time to say which other silver glass you would like me to tell about in my tutorial as well .

Old 2010-02-23, 1:34pm
Jacqueline Parkes

That is just plain weird..

Quote:
Originally Posted by playswithfire104 View Post
I think I found one tutorial I can live without.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...age=9&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

Old 2010-02-24, 5:25pm

Hi Anouk! I love those beads!