Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-05-03, 2:55pm

Default Copy this!

There are 2 'C' words I can't stand. One of them is 'copied' the other is ................................

I love this article and how it relates to the hysteria some people create when someone 'copies' them! And whine about the 'injustice' that has been done to them!

http://lexiericksondesigns.wordpress...opied-my-work/

Nancy

Last edited by glasscove; 2013-05-03 at 5:49pm.
Old 2013-05-03, 3:12pm
Mr Brutus RIP

Very good and so true!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-05-03, 4:56pm
Senior Moment

I see this often at my job.

I work in a public school with elementary age kids.

I never finish anything. I have a black belt in partial arts.
Old 2013-05-03, 8:38pm

Well said!

~
~
~
~
Old 2013-05-04, 6:06am
Echo's Mother

What a great way too look at it.
Old 2013-05-04, 6:51am

someone once said to have your stuff copied is the sincerest form of flattery. so i guess its all how you take it.
Old 2013-05-07, 8:42am
Creative Spirit

Talking

You said it Nanners!

Peace Wendy
Old 2013-05-07, 11:19am

that was a fantastic blog post! thank you for sharing. I put it over on the talkglass forum too. I had recently asked for help about a certain technique I saw and got ripped a new one over there.. fun times. LOL
I think someone attempting to copy your work is flattery, and one shouldn't get upset especially if they do a tutorial/classes on the technique.
Old 2013-05-07, 1:49pm

Great read, thanks for the post. It's a moral issue for me personally. I can't control what others do but I do control what I do. As a student I copy the work of others everyday. Try as I might I can't make my work look like theirs. If I were to sell something that I've made using someone else's design I'll give credit in my description. "Inspired by, designed by etc.". When a design is published they are giving permission to use it. When I buy a tutorial it is specifically stated that it is not to be shared which makes perfect sense. The sale of the tutorial is the designers income and giving it away is stealing. I've actually seen on an LE post where someone posted a pic of a finished product after using a tutorial obtained from "a friend". Clearly this is lack of education. I had to chuckle over that one and wondered what the author thought about it. Nothing was said by her on the thread. Again, thanks for the read.
Old 2013-05-08, 10:21pm
Happy Inner Dragon

What about a free tutorial?
I have done a couple of things and sold them from a free tutorial that I found on LE. But to give credit, do you think I could find it again?? Nope. But it's haunted me ever since.

rusticalsfreestyle on Instagram

SRA# P107