Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2010-03-30, 1:26pm
www.createdfromfire.com

Yea, I have an extra under cabinet light that I'm going to mount on the inside of the hood. It's one of those little "puck" lights from lowes/home depot they come in packs of four. That's also a great idea about the mirror, I think I'm headed to get that right now. Thanks fro all the great suggestions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.com

GTT Sidewinder, two M15 oxycon's (center fire), tanked (outer fire), Glasshive kiln.
Old 2010-03-30, 2:38pm
Resident hippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheng076 View Post
With such a great setup my only suggestion is to install a mirror on the back of the hood so you can see the far side of your work easier. Very nicely done!

I didn't think of it for seeing the bead from the other side. My concern was sitting with my back to the door - not good Feng Shui - so I put a mirror at the back. http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=158596

Have FUN!!!!! It's not about perfection..... Leslie - [not so] Crazy Woman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-03-31, 4:20am

I am in the process of setting up my new exhaust too. I am torn between putting the return air in the front of the torch (by the wall) or by the torch like you have yours. My question for everyone is..."Does having the return air by your torch make your hands frozen in the winter time?" I live on the Eastern Shore and our winters are very cold and damp. I am afraid if I have my air coming in by my hands I will need mittens. I don't think that is going to work out for me...emergency room visit. JUST KIDDING. I would not do that.

Kat
Purr-Sonalities Glass Art
Old 2010-03-31, 7:05am
Flamewoman

Great set up! Only thing I would have changed is put the replacement air at the back of the hood, not for freezing hands, but so that it does not blow the flame around. It would be easy to put lights inside the hood, I know I had to. As you work in your studio, you will change things as you go, to suit your needs. My studio is always changing.
Great job!

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2011-10-22, 11:00am
www.createdfromfire.com

Sorry, haven't been on here for awhile. Mary K you are exactly right, the flame got to a point where it was constantly on the move so I took the return air off the sides and it works much better.

.com

GTT Sidewinder, two M15 oxycon's (center fire), tanked (outer fire), Glasshive kiln.
Old 2011-10-24, 7:25pm
apt to wander....

Bob, I love your set up and hood. thanks for replying to your old thread, i might not have seen it otherwise

Melissa
Old 2011-10-25, 8:16am
www.createdfromfire.com

Update: If I were to do it again I would have the hood built a bit taller and wider, probably 4ft x 4ft maybe even 4.5. No holes in the front for vent but have them in the back or coming up under the table, flame moves a bit too much. I've been getting into boro so a wider opening would be better for the longer glass. The hood is still awesome, I haven't had even a wiff of gas smell in the room or in the house. Lights wil probably go in sometime this week, really hard to see with the boro glasses on.

.com