Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2008-09-30, 11:09am
Glass-aholic

Default Internet connect issues~ HELP!

My neighbors got a wireless router and it is interfering with my connection.

I have a mac book. ATT DSL on a motorola modem, which is connected to an airport base.

My connection is GREAT. The ATT guys were just out at the house a few weeks ago, and every ping speed test is more than normal. My ATT 1.86.2blah blah connection site shows a perfect connection as well, and boots right up. BUT all my internet pages take forever to load or come up "server not found" if I wait 2 min, everything is fast for about 4 min, then it stops again.

Any clues?? I have a DCHP connection type. They told me at ATT that I needed t bridge set the modem, bit then I can not connect at all. I does say in the settings on my mac that it created a bridge.. so something is right. This did not happen until the neighbors got wireless last week... grr

help please!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2008-09-30, 1:37pm

you're on the same channel, or they don't know it but they're connecting to your router, or you're connecting to theirs.

set up the security on your router and make sure you're connecting to you. then make it so they can't connect to yours.

finally change the channel from something other than default. (default is something like 11, 7, or 3) I personally have mine set to channel 1.

in a web browser visit "\\192.168.1.1" (might be "\\192.168.0.1")
do not type anything except what is between the quotes.

if that doesn't work you'll need a mac router wiz, because Mac's make it super tricky to change anything thanks to their "we'll hold your hand" policy.

Andrew

Old 2008-09-30, 8:16pm
Glass-aholic

Thanks! I have been playing with it alot today and think my mac may have fixed itself when I ran the diagnosis...

I was looking at the channel thing. I did not know if that would work or not, I'll try it if it happens again. Thank you again!!! (oh and I do have a mac powered router that is easy to change settings in the setup admin.)

thanks again!! I you for it!!

WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2008-09-30, 8:17pm
Glass-aholic

PS I love the name!! it sooo reminds me of the pizza hut commercial!!

NO MOOCH!!!

every time i see it!! strange how our brains associate things

Old 2008-10-01, 4:16am

moch is short for moocher.... or used to be anyway.

Andrew

Old 2008-10-01, 7:34pm
ManBearPig

Glad to see you over here now Andrew....

But, yeah, what Andrew said...

Old 2008-10-01, 8:14pm

been over here for a while, just never posted... then i guess i got deleted... so now i have the RSS hooked up to google reader... and it lets me know when there's a topic i want to post on

so i guess i'm back....

Andrew