Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2008-10-02, 7:24pm
WeBeadTogether

Default Webhost that works with a mac

Does anyone have a webhost that works with a mac computer? And also isn't hard to set up & maintain?

I was looking at Homestead but it seems that their site builder software isn't compatible.

Thank you,
Paula

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-10-03, 5:55am
ManBearPig

All the hosts that I know of work with a Mac. It's the software that you use that may be the issue.

I use www.1and1.com for all my hosting, and it works fine with my Mac (and PC). I use Adobe GoLive for my software to build the site, which works both on the Mac and PC. I know Dreamweaver also works well on both platforms.

Not sure if 1and1 has their own site builder software, though. I tend to not use those types of software because they don't have a lot of the features I like, but it's worth checking out...

Old 2008-10-03, 7:17am

all web hosts work with all computers.

I think what cosmo said is probably correct, you're looking for the software that works. try asking your people if they can install an open source content management system for you. a lot of them will.

pick something easy like joomla or mombo... i personally recommend ModX... but you'll need a web developer to set that up for you.

the reason you want a content management system installed on the server is because you can update/edit it from any web browser.

Andrew

Old 2008-10-03, 8:29am
WeBeadTogether

Thank you Cosmo & Andrew.. I'll check them both out. It's frustrating with Homestead which says I can use my mac to update info but I'm not able to actually build the site with my mac so that I could update it.

Paula

Old 2008-10-04, 11:49pm
Obsessed Blogger

Also, sometimes browsers do weird things. Using the Pappashop shopping cart system I used to have problems using Safari but Firefox works.

::
Old 2008-10-05, 12:02am
WeBeadTogether

Thanks Lori.. I'll keep that in mind.

Paula