Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2008-11-13, 9:58pm
XTreme Glass Addict

Default OK, now what?

Hi All,
I have a new website that I paid a web company to do, because I am totally illiterate when it comes to this kind of thing.

Would you mind going to the site and look at the pictures that I have loaded onto it? I am open to feedback - I know that there isn't much up yet, but I want to know that I am on the right path.
And, now that I have this up and running, how do I get people to visit the site?

Thanks much.
Desa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Desa; 2008-11-13 at 10:07pm.
Old 2008-11-14, 4:23am
burnin' glass just becuz

either your web design person or your hosting comany should be able to tell you (or even better do it for you) how to have your new domain listed on search engines.

a great way to drive traffic is to open up a blog (e.g. at wordpress.com, blogger.com, etc.) they're free and simple to use. If you post regularly you'll soon develop a following. yr web design perso can easily add the link for your blog to your site

offline, regular marketing (e.g. business cards, shows, word of mouth, etc.) will also drive traffic to your site. oh and o course be sure to wear your own jewellery so when people ask you can give them a card to your site!

i only had a chnce to take a quick look but what i saw looked great - vey professional.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Give ideas away - there are new ones underneath... Diane Vreeland
Old 2008-11-14, 6:18pm

That site looks really nice & professional. There are a few things I would do...

To help search engines find you, have more text on the first page that is keyword rich. The graphic headline that says "Handmade Beads" would be good to have as text, and as h1 text at that. It would look pretty much the same.

Also, you need to feed search engines meta tags. Your developer should know what these are. You should have keywords (ex. lampwork, beads, glass, artist) & a description (a concise sentence that has keywords in it & describes your website like, "Handmade lampwork beads by Evelyn". If you have customers who may search for you by name, certainly use your full name so they can find you!

In the upper right corner with your email & phone, I'd link that to a popup or something to send you an email. (Mailto links are spam magnets & you don't want that).

Nice site & congrats on taking the big website step!

|