Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2011-12-13, 8:56am
Lampworkaholic!

Default What Did I Do?

Most of my photos look like the second one, but I'd love to know what I did to get the first one. I just took the picture like I usually do. I have a Sony DSC-W150 and I have it set to automatic. It's more than just the flash going off.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2011-12-13, 9:07am

If you can look at the exif information you can get an idea what parameters your camera used.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Old 2011-12-13, 10:10am
Mary Lockwood

For what it's worth, I like the second picture better, even though the background doesn't read as white. The beads in the first picture look a little overblown...too much light. It would only take 2 or 3 clicks in photoshop to get your background white on the second picture.

If you aren't opposed to me fiddling around with it, I'd like to give it a go.

~~Mary

Old 2011-12-13, 10:54am
Lampworkaholic!

Sure Mary. Methinks it is time for me to purchase Photoshop ...

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2011-12-13, 1:34pm
Master Lurker

I agree with Mary, I like the second one better. The colors look washed out in the first.

Old 2011-12-13, 4:17pm

first picture is obviously overexposed by a few stops. This happens on my Nikon when I use the center spot metering mode. I usually use the metering mode that takes the average of X number of spots spread across the whole frame instead.
Old 2011-12-14, 3:18pm
Mary Lockwood

Hi Liz. It could be even better with some fine tuning...but here it is fresh from photoshop where all I did was adjust the levels and take out the blue tinge from only the white area. Took 3 clicks.
Before then after:

Photoshop is so worth it. Elements is cheaper, but does what you need.
~~Mary

Old 2011-12-14, 3:46pm
Lampworkaholic!

Thanks everyone. Maybe Santa will bring me photoshop. I've been a very good girl.

Old 2011-12-23, 8:55am

I know how to adjust the levels, but how do you take the blue tinge out of the white background with photoshop?

Beth

"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by." Douglas Adams