Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2012-01-05, 7:58pm
Sarah Jane's grandma

Default Web hosting- who are you happy with?

I really need to get a website going. I keep putting it off, but now I really need to just do it. I generally do art/craft shows to sell my beads/jewelry but health issues have convinced me that I need to do this. I've read all the threads on LE about different web hosts, but am wondering if people still feel the same as they did then. For instance, inmotion hosting looks good. Cosmo do you still love it? I want to make a good choice, but know so little. So one more time please, who are you with and are you happy with them? Thanks!!! It's my goal to get a site up and running this month.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-01-05, 9:03pm

For rock bottom price there's http://asmallorange.com, which I use for my website. I don't use a CMS, so I don't know what they offer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-01-05, 9:19pm
beads....mmmm

Dreamhost.com - happy customer here!

::
Old 2012-01-07, 8:06pm
Beadawhaaaa??

Blue Host
Old 2012-01-07, 10:57pm

I looked into what they offer. They have a one click install for a bunch of stuff. They offer 3 shopping carts,
CubeCart
osCommerce
Zen Cart

they also have Wordpress and Drupal, which I am starting to try. Here is a link to a page for my element collection I designed in about 10 minutes.

http://gordonhaag.com/drupal/

They have awesome customer service. They have a 24/5 live chat and a 24/7 email help desk. They will do anything for you. I have used way more of their time than I paid for.

They only charge $25/year for 150MB of space and 4.5GB/month of bandwidth. Any overages are very reasonable.

I haven't tried any other services so I can't comment on or compare to them.

Old 2012-01-09, 10:27am
Mary Lockwood

I've used yahoo and bravenet. Bravenet I didn't like, yahoo I love.

Haven't tried any others.

~~Mary

Old 2012-01-12, 9:17pm

Godaddy.com.... 24/7 USA customer service even on Christmas day! They have everything you need and the techs are AMAZING!

Old 2012-01-12, 10:39pm

But the have high fees and they support SOPA. That's really dangerous for our electronic freedom. It is contrary to the American Governement's precedent of supporting internet freedom in censored countries.

Old 2012-01-13, 1:00am
picking Job's Tears

I still use the free account at awardspace.com. I just renewed my domain for about $45 for 3 years (and that's all I pay). I don't have a shopping cart though.
-
-
-

Palms Etc. tropical seeds and cuttings:

HotHead on bulk propane and a Glasshive kiln
Old 2012-01-13, 11:15pm

I am now in charge of

lampwork.tk
gordonhaag.tk
glassblower.tk

I can't say I own them cause I don't.
I have to get 25 hits every 90 days or they will show adds.

Old 2012-01-21, 12:12am
Flame On!

Dear God, before you even think of using Go Daddy, PLEASE go to NoDaddy.com and become informed!!!! Even without that, who wants to be associated with a pimp like Bob Parson? Homestead is excellent for ease of use and super low tech (no coding needed) pop up web sites, and they have integrated Paypal buttons, uh, yippee. They also have very nice customer service. I really liked my time with them, and their web site program was so easy to use and had a huge selection of templates. I use Arvixe now, as my host and registrar(sp?) I ADORE them, can't even say enough. I struggled a bit a first, but I learned how to code!!!!!