Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2012-03-23, 9:23am
Sheila Davis Designs

Default Finally! New website!

After almost a year...I finally got my website up and running. Let me know what you think! I love the little gallery slide show.
http://stonedesignstudio.com/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-03-23, 9:48am

It's beautiful! Great job!

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
Old 2012-03-23, 10:13am
Sheila Davis Designs

Thanks Beth!

Old 2012-03-23, 10:33am

Awesome site Sheila!

LynieG
Old 2012-03-23, 4:13pm
Sheila Davis Designs

Thanks Lynie!

Old 2012-03-27, 9:18am
shirts

Very nice work! 1 thing i thought was that you could "clean up" the home page by creating links to the words. Instead of having the whole url visible (for your blog, your Etsy shop, etc), make the word "blog", "shop", etc be the link (you do this by highlighting the word that you want to be the link, and then clicking on the chain link icon in your "dashboard" or wherever it is that you manage your website). I think that it will make the site look super spiffy and slick!! Instead of my eye being distracted by the blue url links, I will be able to focus on the content and images of your beautiful beads!!
Great work on getting your site live. I am still not ready to post mine here!! You are many steps ahead of me!!
Annie.
Old 2012-04-12, 1:58pm
sandybead

Sheila,

I like your website, specially the gallery slide show. How did you do the slide show? I have used slide.com for years and they just shut down leaving me without the opening slide show.

Sandy
Old 2012-04-12, 3:23pm
Sheila Davis Designs

Thanks for the tip Annie. I was just looking at those today and thinking the same thing. (great minds think alike, huh?)
Sandy, the slide show came with the Yahoo hosting. Really fun to put together and I think it looks so professional, for me anyway!