Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2011-11-06, 7:29am

Default new host...flash or not to flash ...iphone/pad how important?

Morning! I have had a site with Pappashop for awhile now that I really have not done much with. No fault of theirs ~ I think I have just not been excited about how it looks. 2012 my goal is to get off my ass and get my site going. I think I need a change to do so. My friend just did a site on Wix and I really liked it. I have played with their layouts and like what they have to offer both design and cost wise. HOWEVER...
Wix is not iphone/pad "friendly" as you cant see Flash on these products without some HTML (my basic understanding of it all) You can build a seperate mobile site but it is very plain.
I found Cubender which offers flash and is Apple friendly but its a bit pricey if you add the shopping cart.
Not sure how important it is to have a cart or if I have other options (zen-cart...how does that work...the whole cart thing has me a bit confused)
I could direct people to an Etsy site but I see 2 issues with this
1) now I have 2 places to update
2) do I want to drive people to another shopping site where they might leave my store and shop elsewhere and not come back?

How important is it to be iphone/pad "friendly" ? I sort of see this as an issue
because it seems everyone I know is now using an Iphone or Ipad.

sorry I know I am bringing up a lot of things here...I am very interested in others thoughts on all of this.
so....
to flash or not to flash
and do you wanna flash on apple?
Old 2011-11-14, 6:42am

I think iPad friendly is important, but I have one! I don't bother with sites that appear to have compatibility issues.

Mary
Old 2011-11-15, 2:49pm
Always Improving

I do not bother to look at Flash sites. Now that Adobe has withdrawn support fro new flash development in lieu of HTML5, I think that is the way to go.

Mike...
Old 2011-11-18, 5:31pm
RAH!

If you only provide a flash site then anybody with accessibility issues is not going to be able to view your site- screen readers, font-enlargement scripts, etc, don't work on flash. Admittedly you're probably not going to be selling a great deal of stuff to blind people from your website, making an accessible website requires maintaining both a flash and a html version of your site!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Now with stock! And useful photography!)