Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2012-02-06, 3:26pm
I'm a lilac!

Default My new website is live!

http://beadwife.com/

Comments/feedback? I did post the beta version and made some changes according to the feedback I got, but if there's anything that needs tweaking I'd love to hear it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-02-06, 8:01pm
MaximumAwesomeIdeaCount!

I love it Kalera! It has a very clean feel and is easy to use. I also like that you can see all the different sets on one page with the price and number of beads. Well done!

Use LEFRIEND as a 15% off coupon in my Etsy!

Old 2012-02-06, 8:28pm

Very Nice and easy to navigate Kalera!

Old 2012-02-06, 10:32pm

I had the same feeling too that it's clean,orderly,very professional and easy to navigate.Sometimes I see websites with too much going on and it overloads my senses,I just leave,I enjoyed looking at yours.well done!
Old 2012-02-06, 11:50pm
I'm a lilac!

Thank you so much for the feedback! I was going for clean, streamlined, and simple to navigate, and I am ecstatic to hear you say that I accomplished that.

Old 2012-02-07, 12:28am
<---RamboPatootieSuperbun

It loaded super fast on my old Blackberry. Beautiful beads!!

Old 2012-02-07, 3:58pm
I'm a lilac!

Thanks Kelly!

Old 2012-02-07, 5:11pm
I think I could be a bead

I liked it, too! I love the ease of navigation the most. It was really easy to see your beautiful beads and sets! Congratulations!

Old 2012-02-07, 11:42pm
I'm a lilac!

Yay, thank you Mallory!

Old 2012-02-08, 1:42am
Cat Winx

Kalera.. I really love it.

It's classy and clean and shows off your work magnificently.

Good job!

~Rachel

Old 2012-02-09, 12:40am
professional gimme fiver

Great job, Kalera!

Old 2012-02-09, 9:47am

Very well done. Love the clean look. Very easy to navigate.
Old 2012-02-10, 2:40pm
I'm a lilac!

Thanks you guys! I was anticipating there being some flaws/bugs... all the positive feedback has me tickled pink!

Old 2012-02-12, 6:12pm

Default Really really a welldone site!

I am so impressed with the new site that I was planning to comment on it in the family room and then thought I ought to come to this section of LE. It has perfect navigation as far as I can tell on my old computer - one of the fastest sites that I've ever visited! The look is very clean and streamlined and consistent throughout. I don't usually rave about so much white, but it really shows off your work. The only thing I feel like I'd like to see is a little more emphasis on your name - maybe a light gray fill in the font (which I love BTW), but then again, I'd have to see it and might not like it that way. All in all - a VERY classy site and everyone should take note of a perfect example of how a site should function. The search function is a nice addition too. Congratulations!

Last edited by Vicki B.; 2012-02-12 at 6:15pm.
Old 2012-02-13, 1:26pm
I'm a lilac!

Thank you Vicki! Maybe I can make the outline a bit heavier on my name... I'll ask my programmer.

Old 2012-02-13, 3:16pm

Probably the thicker outline will detract from the look of the font. I think half of the outline comes out of the inside and half out of the outside of the letters. it's a very nice font - probably best left alone....
Old 2012-02-13, 6:06pm
I'm a lilac!

I may mess with it a bit... or I may make the "Lampwork Glass Beads" a little more delicate so it stands out more by contrast. Thanks for the feedback!

Old 2012-03-05, 8:38am
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreeaMarshal View Post
why are you putting those products there if they`re not for sale?
The ones in the Galleries section?

Those are there because many of my customers like to see my past work. Those are beads which have already sold; the ones that are currently available are in the "Shop" section.

Old 2012-03-10, 3:26am

Looks great, I really like the layout. I think it's really important to make your site as easy to navigate as possible, and I'd say you nailed that!

Old 2012-03-10, 9:22am
I'm a lilac!

Thank you Amir!

Old 2012-03-19, 6:48am

Love your website! Just thought I would let you know that some of your links on your links page go to websites that are no longer there. (the glass haven, glass talk radio, sooz beads, lampwork glass beads)

Old 2012-03-20, 7:22am
I'm a lilac!

Oh, thanks! I haven't updated my links in YEARS... I forgot to even check them!