LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2008-11-08, 11:47pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I would be interested but it will depend on whether it is Bullseye COE 90 or is it Uroboros 90?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-11-09, 12:12am
MacGalver

Squid, I have the general impression that it's Bullseye. He has been using it to make large fused panels. I looked on the Bullseye web site and it looks like the cheapest frit colors they list are $19.65 for a 1 lb. jar. That makes the per oz price about $1.20 an oz.? What does it usually go for in the Garage sale? Any idea?

I was totally going to pass it by because I use only 104, then I realized we're all going to need a bunch of frit to practice Candice's tutorial....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Frit Diva; 2008-11-09 at 12:26am.
Old 2008-11-09, 12:20am

I don't see it often in the garage sale (frit that is). On Howaco it's around that price (at least the last time I bought).

If you buy direct from Bullseye they have their tiered pricing so that a large enough order is 50% off.
Old 2008-11-09, 1:19am
MacGalver

Thanks Lynda for the feedback. So what price would make it attractive for a bulk buy in assorted colors? I mean, like you don't get to order by specific color number, but 2 oz bags are X price a piece, buy as many as you want... so everybody could try a variety of colors.

Dunno if anybody would even want to buy that way... I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth pursuing with this guy, and what kind of price I should be trying to get from him.

Jo

Old 2008-11-09, 6:27am
Run Free Sweet Boy

hmmmmmmmmmmm

I recently gor some bullseye frits to try out. I was not impressed. There is not much saturation in the colors and you will find that you have to add MANY layers of the color. The white burns and the reds I tried did not come out well. Mind you the colors I tried were all transparents, the opaques might be better. But.. the rods I have tried are nice.

If you want to use frit and do a bulk buy I suggest riechenbach and kugler for the best results.

Candice

"It's not what you have, it's who you are."
Old 2008-11-09, 6:41am
Does it come in Purple???

Candice, glad your procedure is over and you are back on your way to feeling better. Health and family always should come first. This is your baby and we all know incubating a baby takes a long time
I'm so excited about this. I plan on giving this a shot with boro first. Now I'm scared - if Shawnette was struggling . . . . .

Shawnette, any recent pics of the little guy?

~~

Bloodletting, mayhem and massacre first thing in the morning is the best way to start the day
Old 2008-11-09, 9:09am
Newfoundland lover!

Anyone find a cheap source for reichenbach frit? I saw olympic has great selection but very expensive.

Lynx, tanked propane, M-10 oxy and refurb oxy -5.
Old 2008-11-09, 9:12am
Butterfly Rancher

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrlartist View Post
I have a question for the group. Somebody offered me a large stash of 90 c.o.e. frit today for what seems like a good price. Is anybody interested in a possible group buy of 90 c.o.e. frit? This guy is getting out of the business and has a pretty good-sized stash he wants to sell. Can somebody tell me what a reasonable per oz. price is, so I can see if it's even worth doing? Thanks!

Jo
Quote:
Thanks Lynda for the feedback. So what price would make it attractive for a bulk buy in assorted colors? I mean, like you don't get to order by specific color number, but 2 oz bags are X price a piece, buy as many as you want... so everybody could try a variety of colors.

Dunno if anybody would even want to buy that way... I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth pursuing with this guy, and what kind of price I should be trying to get from him.

Jo
I'd buy Bullseye frit -- not necessarily to use for the ornaments -- but because I'm using more and more Bullseye for everything. I think Bridgetown was selling 2 oz for $2.15... maybe $2.05.

May 2014 -- Good-bye Florida and Hello Colorado
Old 2008-11-09, 9:20am
Newfoundland lover!

For the Riechenbach frit-
Paula has some at Flame dance, larger portions.

Pheonix art supplies sell them by the 2 0z
http://phoenixartsupplies.com/products.php?cat=47

Old 2008-11-09, 9:36am
MacGalver

Thanks everybody for the feedback on the Bullseye frit. The more I think about it the more it sound to me like he wants too much for it, and I would have to buy his entire stash (over 100lbs. of frit) which probably just doesn't make sense. Especially if Candice thinks it may not be good for the ornaments. I'm always a bargain hunter, but that may just be a little over the top!

Jo

Old 2008-11-09, 11:58am
Run Free Sweet Boy

update.. I did all th3e corrections on the tut last night and sent them to my computer gAL. i AM EXPECTING THE pdf BACK SOMETIME TODAY.

Candice

Old 2008-11-09, 12:05pm
Chrissy

Oh boy!!!!! I'll keep stalking the thread off and on today!!! I'll be out back making glass beads.... You rock Candice and I'm glad you are doing good after your procedure. But we can all wait ..don't over do it!!!

Old 2008-11-09, 12:25pm
Fancy Mammal

Quote:
Originally Posted by merigypsy View Post
Anyone find a cheap source for reichenbach frit? I saw olympic has great selection but very expensive.
That frit girl on Esty has a pretty good selection and is open to adding things that are requested. (I don't have a link handy... that's her name here too, I think you could find a link the vendors section)
Old 2008-11-09, 12:55pm
Newfoundland lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by parisgal View Post
That frit girl on Esty has a pretty good selection and is open to adding things that are requested. (I don't have a link handy... that's her name here too, I think you could find a link the vendors section)

Thanks, here is a link;
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id...ion_id=5303709
LOTS of great colors.

Jo thanks for offering up the bullseye anyway!

Candice- that up date sounds exciting!
thanks
Merilee

Old 2008-11-09, 1:03pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:

Jo
I might be interested in some BE if the price was about .40 an ounce. For me, it would have to be a better price than what I get from BE.

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-11-09, 1:25pm
MacGalver

Squid, I am talking to him tonight.. I bought a display shelf from him and I'm picking it up at the show he's in. If what he has sounds good after all, I'll let everybody, but I think I'm probably just gonna tell him to list it himself in the Garage Sale and stay out of it!

Jo

Old 2008-11-09, 2:40pm

cool candice

Old 2008-11-09, 3:50pm
Dangerous Woman

Where is that smilie tapping his feet?

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2008-11-09, 3:59pm
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuskinDesigns View Post
...Shawnette, any recent pics of the little guy?
Of course!! He just turned 4 in September:

Old 2008-11-09, 4:32pm
I speak Murrini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by playswithfire104 View Post
Where is that smilie tapping his feet?
You mean this one?

(We're just kidding with you, Candice - swear!!!)

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2008-11-09, 4:37pm
Run Free Sweet Boy

thats ok Squid.,,, tap your fot because.... ITS DONE!!!!!!!!

I got the pdf back a few minutes ago. It compressed a 15 meg file down to 3.3 megs. I have just emailed it off to my web page guy, so hop tonight or tomorrow he has that all sorted out.

But for those of you who can accept a 3.3 meg file by email.. go ahead and pay pal me and I will meail the file to you NOW. my paypal is patienthand@cfl.rr.com

I will start to do my notify list when the web page is ready to go, but for you impatient folks.. I can email now.

let the games begin... WHEW giving birth to this thing has taken forever.

Candice

Old 2008-11-09, 4:53pm

Woohoo! Glad I logged back in after dinner. Paypal sent.
Lynda
Old 2008-11-09, 5:20pm
Ezzy

I just got my copy, I it. It's beautiful, Candice, I can tell you put a lot of hard work into it. And the photos are some of the best.
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.
Old 2008-11-09, 5:27pm

Candice, Sent paypal. Can't wait to get it and get started. Thanks for all of your hard work at a time when I know it must have been difficult with the health issues.

Thanks, Glenda
Old 2008-11-09, 5:32pm
Newfoundland lover!

I just paypal sent it, thanks Candice!
woo-hoo baby's born

Old 2008-11-09, 5:34pm
Oooooh Sparkly!

I sent mine also, thanks again !!!
Old 2008-11-09, 5:34pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Just sent payment

Oh and it wasn't me tapping my foot - not so you could see it anyway

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-11-09, 5:51pm
The Torch Be With You

YAY!!! Paypal payment just sent! Can't wait!!
Old 2008-11-09, 5:52pm
Tinder Bloom Studio

Payment sent! even though my oxycons dead but I may just have to fill my old tanks!!

Thank you!!!!

Old 2008-11-09, 5:55pm
Chrissy

Sent paypal to you..Thanks again Candice