LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Old 2012-04-01, 4:33am
To bead Yeah! ;)

Default Hollow Bead Tutorial - Astrid Riedel

It's out and for sale on my Etsy, hope you will all have fun with it
Come and share some pics here when you have some ready to show!

Astrid

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!
HOLLOW BEAD, 3D SQUARES for hollow beads, Rose Murrini and Multi Murrini tut, JETZT alle in DEUTSCH erhältlich!
Old 2012-04-01, 2:07pm

Default hollow bead

Man oh man, this is not an easy bead to make! I have my first two in the kiln after struggling with cracking issues....you really have to pay attention while you work. I suggest starting pretty small, like 1 1/2" in length and getting all your skills up to speed.

The tutorial is very well done, but I don't expect to be making hollow beads anything like the quality of Astrid's any time soon...PPP.....lots of it!

Don't be discouraged, though. Astrid gives a lot of exciting new techniques for us to apply in our work, and a new venue for much of what we have learned from other tutorials and our own experimenting. The fact that these beads area addicting means we will get better at them. Now I really appreciate Astrid's hollow beads. She is a true glass artist!

Xiola

Old 2012-04-02, 5:39am
Who me?

Just read through the tutorial...GENIUS! Can't wait to try it...thinking already of some of my own ideas to try with it.
Old 2012-04-02, 5:48am

Just read through the tutorial and can't wait to get home to try it! Thanks Astrid!!!!
Old 2012-04-02, 12:30pm
Companion

I couldn't resist...DH always rolls his eyes when i buy another tut...
Don't you cry no more
Old 2012-04-02, 10:26pm
To bead Yeah! ;)

I love a good challenge, it keeps making beads interesting

I am glad to get some nice responses on the tut

_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!
HOLLOW BEAD, 3D SQUARES for hollow beads, Rose Murrini and Multi Murrini tut, JETZT alle in DEUTSCH erhältlich!
Old 2012-04-04, 9:08pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Wanted to check out your tutorial, but there are none in your Etsy shop.

Ebay:
Old 2012-04-05, 6:26am

I've read through the tutorial several times now and can't wait to get in front of a torch to try it.

My mind is already spinning with all the variations I want to try.
Old 2012-04-05, 9:33am
To bead Yeah! ;)

Stocked it up on Etsy again

_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!
Old 2012-08-07, 8:34am
I speak Murrini!

Just shot you a Etsy Convo...wondering if you think I can pull this off on a Hot Head? I'm dying to see how it's done! Your beads are SO gorgeous

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2012-08-07, 8:03pm
I speak Murrini!

Anyone have pictures of their beads to share? I wanna see...

Also, anyone out there try this on a Hot Head? I'm seriously hoping it's not Hot Head "unfriendly"...

Holler!!!

Old 2012-08-07, 8:48pm
Marble Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by theglasszone View Post

Anyone have pictures of their beads to share? I wanna see...
^^^^ This ^^^^

I followed this thread when it first came out and then forgot about it. Result pics would be awesome.

-BEP
Old 2012-08-15, 10:08pm
No Longer an LE Member

yes show us da money
Old 2012-10-09, 6:14am

This is a great tutorial, if anyone is in any doubt about buying it don't be it is so clearly written and such fun to play with. I have added my own twist to them and will definately be doing more. Thank you Astrid!
Attached Images

Jennie Lamb, Raspberry Rings ~ New FEATHER SWIRL Bead Tutorial available in my Etsy Shop today!

Old 2012-10-09, 12:03pm

I am with De, can this tutorial be used with a hothead?

thanks,

Cherri
Old 2012-10-09, 4:44pm
Melody of Glass

De, after seeing what you can do on a hothead, I can't imagine there's a tut out there that you couldn't adapt!

I was not sure if I was buying the tut until I saw Jennie's photos...now I must have it! Off to order.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

Old 2012-10-15, 6:37am
Your Royal Fritness

I've been working off mandrel for awhile now and this caught my eye. They are fun to make and will with PPP improve your heat control skills. Here are my 1st 5 attempts using Glass Diversions newest frit blends This has so many possibilities, well done Astrid!
Attached Images

Last edited by Mustang Dawn; 2012-10-15 at 6:39am. Reason: spelling
Old 2012-10-15, 7:42am
Resident hippie

Wow Jennie and Dawn - fabulous! What wonderful beads.
Astrid your tutorial looks great but I really MuSt use my myriad others before I get another new one...

Have FUN!!!!! It's not about perfection..... Leslie - [not so] Crazy Woman

Old 2012-10-16, 2:09am
Naysayer

Awesome Jenny and Dawn, but are those hollow? They look so cool!
Old 2012-10-16, 3:45am
Your Royal Fritness

Yes mine are, if you look close you can see the bubble. It is hard to see in the pictures but in person it adds a lot of pop to the beads.

Old 2012-10-29, 11:40am
To bead Yeah! ;)

Goodness, I missed these, they are wonderful Jennie and Dawn. It does not matter if they end up not being all that hollow, this creates wonderful implosion effects. The possibilities are endless

Attention Hothead users!
I have some good news, Cindy Jenkins,Creator of the Hothead has made the hollow beads on her Hothead, so go for it guys, she says it is no problem with the amount of heat needed and the fact that it is a softer flame makes it easier to keep it all more evenly heated through and less likely to shock the glass.
Hopefully she will show some of her work here

@ De... no more excuses!

_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!
Old 2012-10-29, 8:11pm

Now that I know is possible on HH, (ugh, lol), will save my pennies.. Have one in the cart right now. They are neat. I hope you will keep doing different tech. with them.
Cher
Old 2012-10-29, 10:29pm
To bead Yeah! ;)

Yes, I think another tutorial for the next technique should come soon!

So start PPP the basic tech

_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!
Old 2012-11-05, 9:53pm
I speak Murrini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrid Riedel View Post
...Attention Hothead users!

@ De... no more excuses!
Who? Me? Pfffttt! You KNOW I'm dying to try this...just need to save up a little longer for it! Thanks so much for letting us H-Headers know!

Woot!

Old 2012-11-05, 11:31pm
To bead Yeah! ;)

Yes, you lady Christmas is coming soon, present time

_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!
Old 2014-05-18, 1:31pm
Melody of Glass

Any plans to come out with any more add-on tutorials for the hollow bead tut, Astrid?

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

Old 2014-05-18, 8:57pm
To bead Yeah! ;)

I have no time to make tutorials at the moment, but yes, if there is interest I would make some add-on tut Later this year.

_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!