Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2011-01-19, 1:13am
Tonbodama Murrini maker

Quote:
As far as paypal is concerned, if a customer does not receive their product, the merchant must refund their money. So any company, international or not, can make any policy they want, but paypal sees it only one way. No product for customer, no pay for customer. Insurance really is to help the seller recoup the money if an order is lost, etc. The customer gets reimbursed regardless. Why would a customer agree to take a loss of their money if they never received the product? Under these conditions, a paypal dispute opened will reimburse the customer every time. Non delivery is non delivery.

Can you ship with Endicia? I ship internationally all week long, and I insure through them as well to cover myself in case of lost packages. That way the seller is covered for the loss, as the customer is entitled to a replacement or refund.

With so many issues and strikes in the Netherlands, perhaps it's time to evaluate how your product is shipped. Maybe you could keep stock in the USA and have it shipped from here? That could eliviate a lot of problems in the future?
I had an evaluationj before. I even had a thread up here
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
And i changed the shipping options accordingly.

Just for the record it is not like every order from the Netherlands goes missing, gets torned etc. it is maybe 1% of all my parcels that I ship. Which in my opinion is not a reason to find a reseller or a stockign option in the USA. Which is not as easily done as said.

Quote:
Chrissy,

Just so you know, I will continue to be one of your loyal customers! I've been very happy with the service and your frit blends are the bomb. I'm almost out of one of my favorites, so soon I will be ordering a jar instead of a baggie!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

As for the people who make unkind comments and have never ordered a thing from you, pay them no mind and just keep doing the best that you can do. You will continue to get new and returning customers all the time.
Thank you so much Lisi. I have some new blends made which for now are only blended in size 0
if they are not released when you place your order I will get some samples in for you

Currently on a Knight Bullet and 2 oxycons and tanked oxy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
|
|
Old 2011-01-19, 4:45am
Queen Bee

Kalera, the option for insurance is on the customs form when you hit the ship tab. You have your choice of Endicia insurance (cheaper and faster to pay you) or USPS insurance. It's quite reasonable and easy to use. I love Endicia, and intl insurance option for 1st class is why I switched from stamps.com to Endicia.

Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry
Old 2011-01-19, 1:38pm
Uh-oh means it's too late

Does the international insurance option come wit hthe basic plan I could not find the info??? I am most interested in this!!

Old 2011-01-19, 2:02pm
I'm a lilac!

Thanks! I'm switching over this evening. I hope it goes smoothly!

Old 2011-01-19, 3:52pm
Uh-oh means it's too late

I think I am too- Thanks for the info!!!

Old 2011-01-19, 5:01pm
Storm Queen

Yeah, I'm thinking about it too. Learning something new right now just doesn't sound like fun though. Plus I don't have a printer for labels so I'd need to get one.

Old 2011-02-12, 5:52am
Heal with Steel

Chrissy, I would also suggest that you inform your potential, international customers on your website that there are very long shipping delays to the US. I purchased the higher, priority shipping rate with insurance and I still have not received my product, 5 weeks later. If customers are placing orders with you, I think it is only fair to let them know of these shipping delays prior to them paying a lot of money for the product and priority shipping. This way they can make an informed decision based on all of the facts.

Thanks!
Old 2011-02-12, 5:57am
Heal with Steel

I also asked for a refund from Chrissy and she states she cannot give a refund and suggested that I contact the USPS myself to see where the package is. I don't think this is right, especially since I paid $32.50 for priority shipping and insurance.
Old 2011-02-12, 5:58am
Tonbodama Murrini maker

Quote:
Chrissy, I would also suggest that you inform your potential, international customers on your website that there are very long shipping delays to the US. I purchased the higher, priority shipping rate with insurance and I still have not received my product, 5 weeks later. If customers are placing orders with you, I think it is only fair to let them know of these shipping delays prior to them paying a lot of money for the product and priority shipping. This way they can make an informed decision based on all of the facts.

Thanks!
Sharon, i would suggest that you would not start a paypal dispute when you received actual tracking information on your order: Which to me is not fair

As I informed you by mail:

We did not know that the safety restrictions your (US ) government made in December would apply in 2011 as well.
If we would have known we would have informed everybody. Unfortunately we did not know this until we received the first information request in late January.
As mentioned before I was going to check information on the status of the parcel.

And this is what USPS track and trace is giving me:
-------

Label/Receipt Number: CC00 1826 747N L
Service(s): E Parcel Group

Your item was processed through and left our BETHPAGE, NY 11714 facility on February 02, 2011 at 9:53 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Processed through Sort Facility, February 02, 2011, 9:53 am, BETHPAGE, NY 11714
Inbound Out of Customs, January 30, 2011, 4:06 pm
Inbound Into Customs
Inbound International Arrival, January 30, 2011, 4:05 pm, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
Foreign Acceptance, January 21, 2011, 9:44 am, NETHERLANDS
Foreign International Dispatch, January 21, 2011, 9:44 am, AMSTERDAM INTERNATIONAL MAIL CENT, NETHERLANDS
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

------------
According to the information above, your parcel has been in the US for the past 13 days. You could try and contact USPS and see if they have more information for you.
As the parcel is in the US on it’s way to you we will not be able to issue a refund.

Thank you for your understanding.

|
|
|
|
|
|

Last edited by chrissy; 2011-02-12 at 9:38am.
Old 2011-02-12, 6:35am
Heal with Steel

Thanks Chrissy! I would put this delayed shipping due to security information on your website so that customers are aware that it may take a long time to receive their product as a courtesy to your customers.
Old 2011-02-12, 6:41am
Tonbodama Murrini maker

This information is already up as i was already in the middle of this site update.

|
|
|
|
|
|
Old 2011-02-12, 8:08am
Jer. 29:11, Prov.10:19

Quote:
Thanks Chrissy! I would put this delayed shipping due to security information on your website so that customers are aware that it may take a long time to receive their product as a courtesy to your customers.
It's really nice of her to put that up, but it does kind of fall into the "know your own country's rules before you order" category.
IMO, it would be different if it were a delay getting out of her country due to security on her end.
Old 2011-02-12, 9:27am
I'm a lilac!

Quote:

Thanks!
Wait... why?

Should every vendor keep up-to-date on the various shipping conditions in each of the other nearly 200 countries, and list updates on their websites? It seems to make more sense for people to know the shipping conditions in their OWN country. Know your own land...

Old 2011-02-12, 9:44am
Tonbodama Murrini maker

Despite the given information including tracking details within 24 hours after her request. The paypal dispute is upgraded by Sharon into a Claim.

Not sure why she wated the tracking information to begin with. As she said she feels it is not her responsibility to check with USPS for tracking...

Well, I am sorry it would be very difficult to contact USPS customer service for me as I most likely need to stay up till in the middle of the night because of the time-zone. Whiel it would be just a matter of maybe taking 10 minutes of her time to contact them.

I was planning on havign a great weekend, teaching a class in France this Sunday. Keeping in contact with Sharon while in the middle of packing and makign preparations for my travel.

|
|
|
|
|
|
Old 2011-02-12, 9:48am
Tonbodama Murrini maker

Quote:

Thanks!
Sharon, You actually placed your order on Friday 14 January.
Getting yoru order shipped would be after the weekend as our postal office is closed on weekends.
We are now 4 weeks later, not 5.

Which is still a long time. But at least you are able to track the parcel and knwo where it is having it's delay. Which is in the US.

|
|
|
|
|
|
Old 2011-02-12, 10:31am

Why are you asking for a refund if she has proof she mailed it and it's in the US?? Apparently the delay is with our own postal service. Unless she waited quite a few days before shipping your order after you upgraded shipping, I would be inclined to ask for a refund of the upgraded shipping charges but not the entire order. I don't understand why you would file a claim with Paypal for non-receipt when she clearly proved she mailed it and you know it's here somewhere.

Quote:
I also asked for a refund from Chrissy and she states she cannot give a refund and suggested that I contact the USPS myself to see where the package is. I don't think this is right, especially since I paid $32.50 for priority shipping and insurance.

Old 2011-02-12, 11:08am
I'm a lilac!

Wow, that's really uncool. Chrissy shipped it, provided proof that she shipped it, and the tracking shows it to be here in the US, delayed by our own Postal Service... and you're filing a claim to make Chrissy pay for one of the normal risks of importing things from another country? Shame on you, Sharon. That is poor and dishonorable behavior on your part.

Old 2011-02-12, 11:21am
one day at a time

Chrissy,

I'm so sorry you have to go through this. It is so wrong!
Old 2011-02-12, 12:01pm
Jer. 29:11, Prov.10:19

Quote:
Wow, that's really uncool. Chrissy shipped it, provided proof that she shipped it, and the tracking shows it to be here in the US, delayed by our own Postal Service... and you're filing a claim to make Chrissy pay for one of the normal risks of importing things from another country? Shame on you, Sharon. That is poor and dishonorable behavior on your part.
This.
Old 2011-03-07, 3:16pm

Default Love the Frit

I bought some Boro Frit from Feng Frit, and although it took a bit of time do do being overseas. I was and am VERY happy with the Quality, and will place more orders when I run low. I look forward to hearing of Sales from Feng Frit.

Sue
Old 2011-03-07, 5:35pm
I'm a lilac!

Chrissy, I am curious about whether the issue with the package was ever resolved? I am hoping you aren't out the glass AND the money!

Old 2011-03-07, 8:18pm

Quote:
I agree with Kalera, Sharon is completely out of line. I often order from out of country, and sometimes it has taken 5 or 6 weeks, and I'm only as far as Canada. Much of the time, my package is stuck at customs. How on earth is that the vendor's responsibility?
Old 2011-03-08, 9:56am
Tonbodama Murrini maker

Thank you so much Sue. That bead looks great!

Kalera, it worked out in the end. I think it was 2 days aftre she posted in here (and did not get any back-up support) that she all of a sudden closed the claim stating she received the order. And although it worked out in the end, I will not be selling anything to her in the future. Not worth the negative energy.

|
|
|
|
|
|
Old 2011-03-08, 10:40am
I'm a lilac!

I'm so glad you didn't get the shaft! And yes, definitely not worth that kind of stress and negative energy.

Old 2011-03-15, 11:39pm
one day at a time

Glad to read that it worked out, Chrissy!