LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-11-07, 4:45pm

Default how do I make this twisty?

I don't know who made these cute penguin beads but I love the scarves. This person on Etsy makes lots of jewelry using artisan's beads but she never tells who's beads she uses so I can't go to the artist and ask. She has several penguin earrings all with cute twisty scarves. I want to make some of the vibrant twists used in these scarves. I went ahead and showed several she has listed. I especially love the last one.

here's the listing and picture
http://www.etsy.com/listing/10941554...-2720973115-10
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"People can be the wind beneath your wings or the anchor on your boat" John Maxwell
Old 2012-11-07, 4:57pm
Live and Let Live

Looks like transparent over opaque encased "thick" stringers in various colors, then applied over a core of clear in stripes and pulled down into a twisted cane. That's my interpretation at least.

Old 2012-11-07, 5:37pm
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

I was thinking deep transparents over a white core.

L-111

Old 2012-11-08, 11:04am
Live and Let Live

Could be that too. I was thinking medium to dark transparent colors over light opaques in the same color family. But white works too.

Old 2012-11-08, 11:45am
HotFlash Designs

what an adorable shop! It's all beautiful.

Be Curious. Not judgmental.
Old 2012-11-08, 12:55pm
GabysGlassWorks

I thought I recognized this ladies work! I have been a long time fan and admirer of Laura's beautiful and colourful beads. Maybe she will let you in on the secret to her twists. She is a member here as well.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/chestnutridgedesigns

Old 2012-11-08, 3:14pm
randomly active member

She has a great blog where she gives away a lot of great tips and techniques. It's a good read. I have it bookmarked in my favorites. Here is her blog entry you are looking for:

http://www.chestnutridgedesigns.com/....aspx?bp_id=13

I just love all her work. So colorful and fun!
.:.

Old 2012-11-09, 12:21am
<---RamboPatootieSuperbun

I've seen that tutorial before and Laura is super awesome for sharing!! Great tutorial!!

Old 2012-11-10, 2:08pm
Happy Inner Dragon

What a beautiful blog, too.

rusticalsfreestyle on Instagram

SRA# P107
Old 2012-11-10, 2:45pm

Thank guys! Off to read her blog!

Ok, I just read the tutorial and wow, I'm trying this next torch session! I have read her blog before but lost it, so glad you guys shared the link again. I love her work and happy color combos.

"People can be the wind beneath your wings or the anchor on your boat" John Maxwell

Last edited by Donna T.; 2012-11-10 at 2:53pm.