Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-03-24, 1:05pm
Bracelet Ho

WOW how freaky, I just realized that it is exactly 3 years ago that I started this thread. Dang time certainly flies when you hit 40!
Old 2010-11-18, 3:34pm
I fart diamonds

bump

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-01-30, 5:28pm
Surrounded by Trouble

I know this is an old thread, but I was searching for a list of odd lot glass and found this.

I sure can't add to it as I have been in boro land for the last few years, if anyone can help to update this please help a girl out.

I am not looking to sell anything, I have just been cleaning and reorganizing my studio. I sure would like to know which colors of Moretti, and Vetro, odd lots or no longer made.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Shawn T; 2011-01-30 at 8:37pm. Reason: found the info on CIMS I needed
Old 2011-01-31, 12:28pm
Bracelet Ho

Oh my goodness, I am out of the loop on alot of the newer odd lots. (There were too many!) If anyone wants to add on here I will then update the original list.
~Carol

Old 2011-02-05, 1:39pm
berry lady

Default Vetrofond Odd Lots

I have Vetrofond 902, which is labeled "Petroleum Green Pastel". The rods are 3-4mm, and the glass is really a strong transparent similar to Mosaic Green.

Vetrofond 904 is Dark Dark Ivory. Really a grayish ivory. Very unique - the color falls between regular Dark Ivory and CIM's Khaki.

Vetrofond 916 is Dark Emerald. The color is more blue-green than Effetre's Dark Emerald.

Last edited by EJohnsonArtGlass; 2011-02-05 at 1:42pm. Reason: addition
Old 2011-02-05, 5:16pm
Surrounded by Trouble

So far this is what I have found that is missing.
I will edit this post as I find more along the way:

791979 is Blue Ivory Transparent
791945 is White New Pastel Odd
791801-1 Cosmic Storm Oddly Odd Special (don't ask me I swear it is marked this way

I also have rods labeled Mosaic Green and Mosaic Blue both Transparent and Vetrofond but they are my labels and I don't have numbers for them. If anyone can help me with the correct numbers please let me know. I know they back date to at least 05 or later.

Old 2011-05-02, 5:10pm
sunscreen me baby

Yes, I have some oddly odds of Lemongrass I think it was what Mike called a different shade of the original odd.

~

Old 2011-05-27, 9:33pm

Newbie question....why do they call them ODD and Specials? I mean I figure that there will be some change when used but how can I know what will happen when I use a rod labelled special or ODD?

Lanford BeadWorks

Last edited by Jo Ann; 2011-05-28 at 4:40am. Reason: added more to question
Old 2011-05-28, 5:52am
sunscreen me baby

Odd is the term used to describe a batch that didn't come out the color they expected. It is very likely it won't be repeated so it's a one time color. Special Production is the term Bullseye glass uses for their one time colors.

~

Old 2011-05-28, 6:02am

I love the Lemongrass Oddly Odd. It is bluer than the Odd.

Vetrofond has a Special category too, with some yellows and reds. I don't know why they are special, but they seam like they are regular production colors.
Old 2011-06-01, 7:36pm
Happy Inner Dragon

I've just bought a heap of 'odd' colours, and finding this thread brings up a few questions.
If so many of these colours are still available, should they still be called 'odd'?
One of the ones in the OP is one I just got, which was hailed as 'new' in the listing.
Go figure, eh?

rusticalsfreestyle on Instagram

SRA# P107
Old 2011-06-02, 3:19am
sunscreen me baby

Odd means it's a one time color or a one time variation of a color. Don't confuse odd with unavailable.

~

Old 2011-07-18, 3:36pm
Bracelet Ho

I have updated the list again on page 1, but also on Page 3 is a list of Effetre & Vetrofond that lists regular colors also. Thanks!!

Old 2011-07-18, 3:48pm
Happy Inner Dragon

Wow. Thank you.
A whole lot of work done here!

rusticalsfreestyle on Instagram

SRA# P107
Old 2011-08-13, 11:12pm

Default Found a missing one for the Vetrofond list.

I have "Vetrofond 791959 - ODD Seattle Blue" also to include in your updated list.
Old 2011-09-14, 2:41pm
StudioMarcy

any new ones to add?

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-09-14, 5:18pm
Artistically Absorbed

908 was Khaki Green Odd
-Echo

Believe in Yourself and Anything is Possible!
SRA Artist A64

Old 2011-09-15, 9:27pm
Artistically Absorbed

Also 969 Grey Pearl Light.
-Echo

Believe in Yourself and Anything is Possible!
SRA Artist A64

Old 2015-08-23, 8:45am
Bracelet Ho

We have not updated this list since 2011. I am sorry I have been out of lampworking for awhile so I have not kept up on the newer odd lots.

Old 2015-08-23, 12:52pm
Senior Moment

No worries - with Vetrofond out of biz its not like they're making any more *sigh*

I never finish anything. I have a black belt in partial arts.
Old 2015-08-23, 1:04pm

Well, there are all those CIM odds and ltds, but who has time for that?
Old 2015-08-25, 12:34pm
Senior Moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by echeveria View Post
Well, there are all those CIM odds and ltds, but who has time for that?
Not I! Fortunately CIM keeps an archive on their site of all of em.

I never finish anything. I have a black belt in partial arts.
Old 2017-09-06, 5:28pm
Bracelet Ho

I guess all these ODD LOTS would now be considered vintage. Some, actually many are now extinct. What is the color that you wish most still existed?

Old 2017-09-20, 7:04pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Giggles View Post
I guess all these ODD LOTS would now be considered vintage. Some, actually many are now extinct. What is the color that you wish most still existed?
There are so many..... It is funny, I started this as a hobby in 2006 and it has remained a hobby. I bought glass as it grabbed me since then, by a great name, because I loved the color. I have a few rare rods, but I never bought just because anything was hard to get. It is funny and sad to watch colors go, I wonder how folks that have been working with glass forever feel about this subject.............
Old 2017-09-20, 7:13pm

I loved Lemongrass Oddly Odd.
Old 2017-09-20, 8:12pm
Slogan Challenged...

I miss them, I wish I had bought them but some were before my time. Very nostalgic.

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2017-09-21, 3:51pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Giggles View Post
The cool ivory variations- my favorite was that translucent ivory from about ten years ago. It still makes me pitter patter
Old 2018-04-07, 1:36pm
flight risk

Not sure if the original list is being updated, but while sorting and organizing, I found one that's not on the list. Vetrofond 829- Seaweed. One of my labels lists it as a Frantz Funhouse color. It is sort of a transparent medium blue with a core of olive-ish green.

Old 2018-09-03, 7:53pm

And this comes in handy now that I get to set my shop up again! thank you so much!

Tags
vetrofond odd lot list