No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-07-14, 7:59pm
maybe tomorrow

Default Will this be OK?

Well, I was having problems with my chili pepper shutting off, so had Jen-Ken send me a new relay. I put it in, and everything seemed to be fine, so I went ahead and made beads today.

But...while it ramped up to temperature and held just like it was supposed to, when it started to slowly ramp down to the strain point, I got an error message and it shut off. Fortunately, I was watching it, so I realized it had happened, and was able to start it up again. It will hold at temp just fine, so I've heated up my little Aim (no digital controller, grrrrr), and want to transfer the beads from the chili pepper to the Aim. They're a few feet away from each other, so it will only take me a few seconds to get them from one to the other. That shouldn't hurt them, should it? I wouldn't think that short a time "out" would be a problem, but ??? And, it's not like I have a choice, since the chili pepper will just shut off and cools too quickly.

Just before the Gathering...I swear, I'm being tested.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-07-14, 8:07pm
Formerly SirWatson

You'll be fine! Just move the beads from one kiln to the other quickly. I sometimes take beads out that are currently annealing to peek at them. They're only out for a few seconds before I put them back in. I've never had any problems!

<><
Old 2006-07-14, 10:57pm
maybe tomorrow

Thanks. I switched them over, and am ramping them down in the Aim. Now I'll have to call Jen-Ken again on Monday. Damn.