Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-09-23, 4:03pm

Default Best place to buy Lauscha?

I'm in So Cal, would like to purchase some Lauscha rods. Need a place semi-close to avoid extreme shipping costs. Reliable, timely shipping, good customeer service would be nice, too. I had my eye on Glassdaddy, but never heard anyone mention this place before.
Thanks, Patti

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-09-23, 4:42pm
offically down under

I've always had great service with flamedame.com. Paula knows how to pack as much as possible into a flat rate box and never once, have I had a broken rod.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-09-23, 5:43pm

I buy from GlassDaddy, no cart but I fill in online order form and he's always sent me an invoice within 24 hours (I'm in Oz so he's probably asleep when I order) and shipped quick. I see lots of great feedback for flamedame and she lots more specialty stuff, but not the Lt Green Trans I love ....
Old 2012-09-23, 5:47pm
Lampworkaholic!

Flame Dame (Paula), Fire Lady (Marcie) or Lauscha Lady (Grace) all are good vendors.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2012-09-23, 6:45pm

What colors do you recommend? I hear the reds stay RED, is that right? My whole purpose for buying Lauscha is for the reds and for the steel blue and olive green, as used in Naos's tutorials. Gotta get me some of that blue that spreads!
Anything else I should buy?

Old 2012-09-23, 8:09pm

I have the olive green, steel blue, cocoa (my favourite brown), a 53 rod sample pack and the lt green trans (looks like seaglass when etched), aqua and red on order. I like that the rods are thicker than the CIM/Effetre etc so I can get the base down with less wraps (I did invest in a Devardi warmer to preheat them) and they etch really well
Old 2012-09-23, 8:53pm
I'm a lilac!

I've bought from Glassdaddy many times, and was always very happy with them.

Old 2012-09-23, 11:00pm

I vote for Flamedame! She has Lauscha colors that you just can't get anywhere else, pages and pages of half off glass, and always something on sale!

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !

Last edited by PaulaD; 2012-09-23 at 11:05pm.
Old 2012-09-24, 4:36am

Awesome post, Paula!

Old 2012-09-24, 5:36am

If you send me a chip of that green you want I can see if I have it or can get it. It sounds like Thuringean Forest Green which I do have. Also Lauscha peach, lt aqua, ice blue, and champagne are great etched too!

p.s. We also use flat rate boxes to ship....

Like US on Facebook !

Last edited by PaulaD; 2012-09-24 at 9:06pm.
Old 2012-09-24, 6:26am
Evil Glass Enabler

I've bought from Fire Lady and Reenie before. I was very happy with both of them. I wish Reenie were still selling. Angelique

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2012-09-24, 7:47am
Queen Tut ;)

I've ordered Lauscha from Flamedame.com (Paula), and always get it super fast, well packed, and at a fair price.

Old 2012-09-25, 7:27am

It seems to me that Lauscha is getting cheaper to buy compared to the other brands that I see out there (and sell myself). They did have some price increases but I guess not as much as every place else.

Paula

Like US on Facebook !

Last edited by PaulaD; 2012-09-25 at 7:48am.
Old 2012-09-25, 7:59am

I placed my first order with FlameDame for some Lauscha and am expecting it any day now!
Old 2012-09-25, 11:51am

Thanks Robin! I happened to not be at my day job when your order came in so it went out lightening fast! Hope you love the glass!

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2012-09-28, 11:24pm

I have a question about clear. Some places sell clear and "soft" clear and some places sell "reformulated" clear and "soft" clear. Are there 3 or are all of the "regular" clears reformulated?
Old 2012-09-29, 8:48am

The reformulated and soft clears were created around 5 years ago. The older clear was stiffer than both of those. But someone selling today can call the reformulated clear just plain clear because that is the clear that Lauscha makes today. Soft Clear should be labeled because it melts faster. Which makes it ideal for hotheads and people like me that just can't wait for the glass to melt!

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2012-09-29, 9:15am

Thanks Paula. And is it safe to assume the soft clear is also "reformulated" to make it more compatible with other 104 glass?
Old 2012-09-29, 2:49pm

Yes. It is the same formula as "Reformulated" but things are added to it to make it melt faster. I guess I could have explained that better! Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2012-10-02, 8:07am

Also Soft Clear works really well on th e Effetre Speical colors and Opalino's for encasing!

Like US on Facebook !