LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2009-10-30, 6:10am
Cancer SUCKS!

Shawnette, what dremel type tool did you use from HF? I tried using the item # from the other post and it isn't available.

Let us know.

Thanks,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-10-30, 6:22am
I fart diamonds

The first one I tried was the cheapie one that's always on sale for $7.99 (it's blue), but I've also used it with the variable speed one (around $19.99) and a flex shaft. The flex shaft is the easiest to hold because it's smaller and more "pencilish".

Old 2009-10-30, 6:24am
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopnglo View Post
Okay, now I'm intrigued! Would you still plug the dremel type tool into the adjustable speed controller then that into the foot petal? Or does the foot petal act as an adjustable controller itself?
You might be able to go with just the footpedal, but I would get the speed control to slow the dremel down to a reasonable speed (constant) and then use the footpedal for additional control.

(Plug the dremel into the speed control, plug the speed control into the footpedal. It might not matter which way you hook them up, though. I can't say for sure because I don't have the footpedal.)

Old 2009-10-30, 6:59am
NW Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmama45 View Post
I found part of the answer at an Ace Hardware site that explains the differences in drills. I think I'm going to have to go to a bigger drill to get the slower speed. I'm going to keep looking for the smallest slllloooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwest speed drill I can find.

Yes, I would worry about the weight of the drill.

Jennifer
Highland Beads
Old 2009-10-30, 9:14am

When I saw the first post of this thread I immediately thought of that same HF speed control thing! And I just saw it in the HF sale mailer I got the other day... not a bad time to get one if it's even cheaper.

Old 2009-10-30, 10:07am

Ah that makes sense. The speed controller would bring the speed down to a manageable speed and the foot petal would just be the on/off switch.

I have all but the foot petal. I'm going to have to make a trip to HF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnette View Post
You might be able to go with just the foot pedal, but I would get the speed control to slow the dremel down to a reasonable speed (constant) and then use the foot pedal for additional control.

(Plug the dremel into the speed control, plug the speed control into the foot pedal. It might not matter which way you hook them up, though. I can't say for sure because I don't have the foot pedal.)
Old 2009-11-18, 5:14am

I"m interested in making one of these. Is anyone having luck putting one together?
Old 2013-09-26, 9:11pm

has anyone used a sewing machine controller (foot pedal) for this? It would have to be rewired...
Old 2013-09-26, 9:49pm

What about a lollipop spinner? Find them in the candy section with a lollipop inside, and a button to push tk make it turn. May not be long-lasting, but it's cheap!

Facebook:

Free Lampwork and Jewelry Tutorials, with easy searching, prominent linkage to your shop or site, and rotating featured tutorials:
Old 2013-10-12, 3:57am

I made my own controller for my foredom tool. I have the foot petal but sometimes you just want a adjust to a certain speed and leave it there. You need a double gang electrical box, a light dimmer switch and an outlet. You wire the pig tail to the dimmer and the dimmer to your outlet. Works great, cost about $15.00.
Bob

e-mail: