Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Old 2005-09-29, 7:46pm

Default Thanks I have my answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi

I have been having problems with my hot head today. Crap crap crap. Anyhows if you own a HH could you please look down the barrel and tell me if you have a hole in the center surrounded by smaller holes? Or have I lost a piece of my HH? If I did lose a part then I can move on.

Thanks a bunch
Cathy

Last edited by firegrl; 2005-09-29 at 7:58pm.
Old 2005-09-29, 8:00pm

Yup. Hole in the center, surrounded by little holes.

Here is a link you might find useful:

The Care and Cleaning of your Hothead Torch
http://www.cauldroncreations.com/hotheadinfo.html

Also, I can't recommend contacting Sarah at the Hothead Source highly enough. She is absolutely wonderful. Very patient. She also will send you some documents that I found VERY useful - including hooking up my hothead to a bulk tank.

http://www.hotheadsource.com/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2005-09-29, 8:17pm

Thank You!!!
Old 2005-09-29, 8:19pm

*giggle*

You're welcome.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2005-09-30, 5:41am
Satake Woman!

Lara, thanks for finding the link! I was trying to help last night and couldn't dig it up.

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!
Old 2005-09-30, 9:49am

My HH is still sick. Sarah gave me a couple of things to try. If that does not work its an hour and a half drive one way to the glass store...yuck...and thats only if they have one in stock.

Thanks for the help.

Cathy
Old 2005-09-30, 10:04am

Quote:
Originally Posted by firegrl
My HH is still sick. Sarah gave me a couple of things to try. If that does not work its an hour and a half drive one way to the glass store...yuck...and thats only if they have one in stock.

Thanks for the help.

Cathy
What kinds of problems are you having with it, exactly? Not that I'll be anymore help than Sarah, but... you know. Now I'm curious.

Old 2005-09-30, 10:08am
Glass Addict!

Contact Sara again....
There is a replacement part for the HH...Sara carries it.
Diana

Old 2005-10-16, 3:18pm

You would not believe the anguish I have been experiencing with my HH. I lost count of all the HH I replaced within this year. I just bought two new torches and both of them shoot out bushy orange flame and all my beads are sorry sooty black. Sarah helped me patiently and I can almost recite the entire instructions she gave me. I tried bulk map gas and small canisters. I tried all possible combinations to figure out my problems. With all this money I spent on HH, I could have bought the biggest surface mix torches. But I am in a unique position and I have to use HH. So, guest what, I ordered another one today, but from a different vendor. I shall see if this will change my luck. I am sure nobody can believe this. Sigh!!!!!
Old 2005-10-17, 2:39pm

SL Beads

We are in the same position. Because of my lifestyle I have no choice but to use a HH. I have not had the same issues as you have. I would think that if the HH was crappy from the get go the vender would replace it No Charge. Then figure out what the problem was. If you are have that problem so are others and I cringe to think how many quit lampworking because they got a bad torch.

I must also say that I heard back from Saraha within 12 hours of contacting her. She had some very good suggestions. Next when I go to the big city I am going to take my broken HH in to a vender and see what they say. I am not looking for my money back....I want my torch back ....I had some control of the heat with it but my new one has one setting...eat lottsa gas. lol

Good luck I hope it works out for you.

Cathy